General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Columbus Marathon Oct. 17 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-10-09 2:11 AM

User image

Expert
Denver, Colorado
Subject: Columbus Marathon Oct. 17
All right I've managed to taper a little bit too much in the past 2 weeks, so hopefully posting this puppy will mean commitment to running this race. This year I'm going for all the marbles: qualifying for Boston with a 3:10 finish. My first marathon 2 years ago was surprisingly 3:13 (I was shooting for a 3:30 debut). Then last year in Seattle I tried to qualify, and soon found out Seattle had huge hills EVERYWHERE. After running 7:15/mile for the first 20 miles, I hit the wall and crawled across the finish line in a shameful 3:40-something. I've been training hard all summer using GPS gizmos, taking ice baths and turning myself into a rubberband with yoga, so this is my year! Is anyone else going to be there?

2004-10-14 12:52 AM
in reply to: #70650

User image

Expert
Denver, Colorado
Subject: RE: Columbus Marathon Oct. 17
Well crap. Did I say I was going to run a marathon or something? Because I lied. My plane ride just fell through because I'm in an untouchable caste or something, so there shall be no Columbus racing for me. I found a new goal race since, you know, I'm trained to run a marathon any day I choose; but I won't reveal any details for fear of another curse. The race report will just pop up one day out of nowhere. Enjoy your anticipation.

-dave
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Columbus Marathon Oct. 17 Rss Feed