General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Silly out of breath situation Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-01-25 5:53 PM

Dallas, TX
Subject: Silly out of breath situation
I'll go to the gym and have a really good 30 - 45 minute swim workout, jump in the jacuzzi, shower, and head home. There's a parking garage at my gym that I use and I usually park on the 2nd floor. Since I just had this great swim, I can't justify taking the elevator up to the second story, so I always take the stairs. About halfway up I'm usually so out of breath I can't even talk to anyone who happens to be with me. Day after day after day this happens. You'd think I'd learn by now.

2004-01-25 5:57 PM
in reply to: #4906

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Silly out of breath situation
could be the jacuzzi/hot tub after a swim....i do the exact same thing...i feel like falling down the stairs leaving the gym as i REFUSE the elevator...it REALLY wipes me out and totally ralxes me...in a good way...
2004-01-25 6:02 PM
in reply to: #4906

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: Silly out of breath situation
Keep taking the stairs and it will get better. I know some pretty good bikers that can hammer me and they come to the pool and I can hammer them. It is a different type of exercise. Another example is one of my friends and his dad are fairly athletic, and his dad runs three miles a day. My friend can stay on the eliptical trainer for 45 minutes no problem, and can't keep up with his dad on the run. On the other hand his dad can't stay on the eliptical trainer for 45 minutes. I say don't let it bother you unless you think that it is from a medical problem.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Silly out of breath situation Rss Feed