General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone doing Fall Bassman in Oct? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-09-06 7:00 PM

User image

Subject: Anyone doing Fall Bassman in Oct?
I was thinking of doing one of the distances in October but I can't decide. Does anyone know how the course is? If it is hilly I will probably stick to the shorter distance but I may give the HIM a shot if the course if it is flat. Anything else I should know about this race?

Thanks!

Keba

2007-09-07 10:36 AM
in reply to: #954696

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sea Isle City, NJ
Subject: RE: Anyone doing Fall Bassman in Oct?
I am signed up for the Half. It is supposedly pretty flat (check out race reports on here from back in April). Only potential issue is the race is not far from the coastline so wind could be a factor. Race is run by CityTri. Don't want to discourage any organizations who put on events, but the Tuckahoe and Upperman races they held this year were less than stellar. It was their first time running those events (so I give them the benefit of the doubt) but there were a lot of issues. Bassman seems to have been held a couple of times now in the Spring and Fall. This is the first time for the Half distance, but they will use the same course as before, just go around twice for the swim and bike (it will actually be about 1.5 miles longer than the standard 56 miles of a half). Not sure how they will handle the run as the shorter distance is 4 miles...maybe 3 loops with a mile thrown in somewhere. I hope it is a great event.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone doing Fall Bassman in Oct? Rss Feed