General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Worldgate Super Sprint Triathlon Taylor Race Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-09-23 4:46 PM

User image

Sterling
Subject: Worldgate Super Sprint Triathlon Taylor Race
Anyone heard of this? It's a fundraising race for a little 2 year old girl who has cancer. It starts in the pool at Worldgate Sports & Health Club in Herndon.

Just wondering if anyone else was doing it. It seems pretty informal, but they do have prizes for age groups (not that I would entertain the idea of winning ... I just like doing them).

-Michelle

2007-09-23 7:45 PM
in reply to: #975810

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Worldgate Super Sprint Triathlon Taylor Race
No, I haven't heard about it. I know they do something in May - maybe it is same thing. I appreciate some more info on it since I live right down the street from them.
2007-09-23 8:05 PM
in reply to: #975951

User image

Sterling
I discovered the event in one of Active.com's emails. You can find more about it and register for it through active.com. Just do a search for the zip code and triathlons and it should come up. Let me know if you register for it. Maybe I will too, though registration closes tomorrow.
2007-09-24 8:00 AM

User image

Regular

Sorry, can't make that one since I'm doing Nations this weekend. However, you are cordially invited to the Halloween Ride on Friday Oct. 26th. Check out the thread under Triathlon Talk - It is not a race only a bunch of BTer's getting together for some fun. They are starting out in Reston/Herndon.

Steve

2007-09-25 5:29 PM

User image

http://www.active.com/page/Event_Details.htm?event_id=1468406

Summary
Date:
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Time:
06:30 AM
Venue:
Worldgate Sport and Health Club
Address:
13037 Worldgate Drive
Herndon, VA 20170
Fees:
$65
Online Registration Closes:
09/26/07 11:59 PM
http://www.sportandhealth.com
AWARDS
First, Second and Third place overall Mens and Womens will be award prizes, and last place, second to last and thrid to last place will be awarded prizes. As well as the overall fastest swim, fastest bike, and fastest run male/female.
Swim
Distance is a pool 300 yards snake swim. Swimmers will start at 6:30am sharp according to your estimated swim time. Swimmers will go off every 10 seconds until every swimmer has entered the water. If you miss your swim time you will be allowed to enter the water only after the last swimmer has started and your time will be based on your scheduled start time.
Bike Course
The bike course will take you down Worldgate Drive to Van Buren street where you will take a left, then to spring street where you will take a left, then accross Elden street to the W&OD trail where you will take a left onto the trail (this is a sharp turn), then out to the red barn (partlows, sharp turn around) then back to the caboose in Herndon. Please note that crossing intersections during the bike is done at your own risk so please pay attention to traffic. Distance 17.8miles.
Run Course
The run is a short out and back on the W&OD Trail. Total Distance 2miles.
Packet Pick Up
Packet Pick Up begins on September 29, 2007. You can pick up your packet and race shirt at Worldgate Sport and Health Club from 9am to 3pm on the 29th. A Race meeting will be held at 10am and at 1pm to answer questions regarding the course. Two transition bags will be given, along with your bib #, course maps and t-shirt and goodies! If you are unable to pick up your packet before race morning note that lines can be long, so come early expect to wait and be patient.
Conduct
Profanity, rude jestures, or any other rude comment given to anyone during the event will get you automatically DQ from the event and all future events. Come prepared to have a good time and go with the flow. Any comments should be saved and e-mailed to [email protected] after the event.
Race Shirt
Shirt sizes will not be guaranteed after 9/20/07.
Taylor Love
This race is being held to raise funds to support Taylor Love. Taylor is a local resident who is only 2 years old and is fighting neuroblastoma.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Worldgate Super Sprint Triathlon Taylor Race Rss Feed