General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Off Season Diet Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-11-02 4:37 PM

Subject: Off Season Diet
Just thought i would share my off-season diet w/everyone. Maybe it will give you guys/gals helpful hints OR even help me if i might be doing something wrong :-)
5am-banana, 1/2 cup coffee,
workout-accelerade
7am-5-6 egg whites, toast w/soy cream cheese/jelly,apple, 1 bowl small oatmeal, multi vit.,1000 mg. fish oil, 1000 mg.glucosamine, Betagen (creatine/hmb),coffee
10am-cup of yogurt w/milled flax seed, 20-25 grams whey protein powder
1pm-chx w/potatos carrots
4pm-1/2 cup cottage cheese mix w/raisins,bananna,
6-7pm-salad w/nuts (lots!! of em') avocado,spinach,cucmbr,carrots,onion,grilled chx/fish/pasta

2004-11-03 7:56 AM
in reply to: #78378

User image

Extreme Veteran
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Subject: RE: Off Season Diet
what's chx?
do you put any type of dressing/oil on your salad??
2004-11-03 8:30 PM
in reply to: #78525

chx=chicken, sorry, it was late and i did not feel like spelling the whole thing out. I usually use a light italian dressing on my salad.
2004-11-27 8:16 PM

User image

San Jose, CA
Hola Newbie to the board here....just wanted to find out if you've not eaten since 11/03/04 or if you're going to post the rest of your off-season diet!! Seriously, I am incredibly inept when it comes to putting the right foods in my body at the right times. I'd be eternally grateful if you posted a few more meal days that I can work from to get myself started eating properly

Cheers,
Katie
2004-11-28 7:28 AM

Hola Katie! I like to eat 5-6 meals a day. Spread out, eating every 2 & 1/2 to 3 hours. I usually train at 5am, so my first meal, at 7am, is the largest of the day. My last 2 meals are lower in carbs, and higher in good fats..here is yesterday..(check out Body for Life web-sight :-) ) 7AM-sun-dried tomato wrap, w/black beans, rice, 4 egg whites, low-fat moz. cheese, apple/bannana, supplements,coffee, water.. WORK-OUT 10AM-12PM .... 12PM-protein shake w/mango 3PM-turkey sandwich,soy cheese, soy mayo, avocado, spinach, apple 5:30PM-scoop of protein powder w/yogurt 8:30PM- 2 large slices of AMY's soy pizza, I added green /black olives, chichen, low fat mozz., THEN, i went off the deep end....3 glasses of wine and about half a pound of m & m's..they don't mix to well :-O Hope that helps you out..pura vida, Dave Skar
2004-11-28 12:34 PM
in reply to: #87060

User image

San Jose, CA
Subject: Awesome Thanks!
So, I can see already that one thing will definitely change for me....more protein shakes instead of eating full blown meals. I already know I'm taking in too many calories, this is one way for me to still feel like I'm getting nutrition, but not overdoing it with the caloric intake.

Thanks Dave, this is a good start:-)

-KT

2004-11-28 4:03 PM

Katie, i should also add that i have tried many kinds of "meal replacement" shakes..the only one, in my opinion that tastes pretty good is Ultramet..This can get a little expensive..A running coach that i had help me w/my form told me that one of the best recovery meals after a long work-out....peanut butter, bannana, 2x wheat bread..Good Luck!! Pura Vida, Dave Skar
2004-11-29 2:20 AM
in reply to: #87121

User image

San Jose, CA
I read the chocolate milk idea in Runner's World a month or so ago. I am totally down for that because I love chocolate:-) I am also a fan of PB&J for a recovery meal. I sometimes change it up with using honey instead of jam or jelly and also a whole wheat tortilla rather than bread.
There are so many things to eat to do it right, but I just can't get the combos put together. What would really be wonderful is if someone would just come to my kitchen and cook for me...but I doubt that's going to happen:-P A weekly meal plan would be nice too, and I've tried a couple of sites for that but they're very cumbersome. I know nothing in life is supposed to be easy, but sheeesh...eating should be!

Thanks for your input Dave:-)
-KT
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Off Season Diet Rss Feed