General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FS: Warp DS/2 Frame and parts...Very Sad... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2007-10-14 7:50 PM

User image

Expert
Morgantown, WV
Subject: FS: Warp DS/2 Frame and parts...Very Sad...

I'm selling my Warp DS/2 frame.  It's a 1999 I believe.  I bought it used in 2001.  The only thing I ever did to it was buy tires, cables, and a new fork.  Skip this next part if you want, I'll tell you where to pick back up (this is just background information):

Last weekend, I did the Pinnacle Challenge, in Newport, NH.  During the Mtn. Bike portion, the rear shock pin sheared, and I didn't even notice till the next day.  Then, in the process of fixing it, I realized something....this is where is gets sad...

The chain is shot, the crank is shot, the rear derailluer is ok, the cassette is trash, the right shifter is broken, the bb is creaky...it was time for me to strip her down. 

I just bought new brake pads and last year I bought a Rock Shox Tora for it, but alas, it was time.  It was so sad taking it apart, it made me feel like I was killing something.  I have done a lot with this bike, and in the race last weekend I finished 8th overall, and this bike helped me get there.  It's just so sad.

But, I'm just too poor to hang on to it.  I don't mountain bike enough, and I'm not even going to buy a new one for the forseeable future.

Pick back up here:

I have stripped it down to the frame and components.  I don't have the tool to take the bb out, which needs to be replaced (I think, it was squeaky and looks like it's coming out?), so that will come with it.  It's pretty scratched up, and very dirty at the moment.  It has numerous large scratches and digs, but no dents or structural problems.  The decals are mostly intact. I just had it looked over by a mechanic (my mechanic) and he said the rear bushing for the triangle is still good- "great" he said, which he thought was great for it's age.  I'm not trying to cover anything up, it's well used and looks it.  I probably have only ridden...400 (not even?) miles over the last 6 years.  Head set will be included.

Depending on the offer, I will include the rear shock, which is still good (has rebound adjust that does work).

I have the shifters (right one is busted, barely useable), pedals with toe clips, seat post, rear deore derailleur, front derailleur, and a front big ol' fender in blue (w/ no mounting hardware).   I will send any of this free if you pay shipping.

I have the bars, stem, brakes (including new aztec pads $15) and levers, cables and housing, and wheels.  Wheels have a couple of rough spots, they're Zac wheels.  All of this stuff can go to new homes for dirt cheap, offer me whatever, and I'll probably take it.

I also have just about new Nashbar double sided pedals, one side is platform, other is clip in.  Best offer.

As for the frame and rear shock, I don't have a clue what it's worth.  Best offer.  It's really light oversized aluminum.  I'll post pictures in time, time I don't have now (and I want to clean it).  It is functionally fine.  Just dirty and scratched.  I'm going to post it on Ebay if it doesn't sell here.

Also, I will entertain offers for the Tora fork, U-turn, 318 fork (w/lockout).  These are literally like new, and are AWESOME. The lockout knob came off in the race, and I lost it.  Sucks.  The shoxs have an interesting story with them.  pm me, and you can call me and I can tell you it.  Not really in a hurry to sell these, as I might hang on to them for a future bike.

Sorry for the massively long post.  For more information, email or pm me.

Thanks!

-Jerry

[email protected]

Edited by greenmtnman 2007-10-14 7:52 PM

2007-10-14 7:57 PM
in reply to: #1007764

User image

Expert
Morgantown, WV
Subject: RE: FS: Warp DS/2 Frame and parts...Very Sad...

Oh!  This is me on the bike last weekend:

PS- MOUNTAIN BIKING IS HARD, and not my forte' by an means (as you can tell by the tentativeness in the pictures)

Me on the bike

Edited by greenmtnman 2007-10-14 7:58 PM
2007-10-16 8:43 AM
in reply to: #1007764

User image

Expert
Morgantown, WV
Subject: SOLD
Frame, shock and headset sold.
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FS: Warp DS/2 Frame and parts...Very Sad... Rss Feed