General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Clinic for New England Folks Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-11-08 5:24 PM

User image

Veteran
MA
Subject: Swim Clinic for New England Folks
Hi,
I highly recommend the swim clinics held by CAAN Sports in Weymouth MA.
I took this clinic in January of this year. They taught us about swim technique -- starting with dry land work that you can do at home. You get to take home the dry land equipment (included in the cost of the clinic). The dry land equipment is a dowel and a home-made swim cord. The swim cord was helpful for teaching muscle memory on how to do the catch and pull part of the stroke.
Next, you will go to the pool and learn how to do some drills. One of the drills uses special home-made paddles that you also get to take home. They will videotape your swim. Then everyone will review the videotape and get commentary on your form. You also get to take home a videotape that reviews the in pool and dry land drills, and shows your swim.
The coaches (Candy and Andy) are excellent.
They have space in some of their up coming clinics. You can check it all out at www.caansports.com

Deb

2004-11-09 9:17 AM
in reply to: #80494

Champion
Subject: RE: Swim Clinic for New England Folks

Thanks for the link Deb!  I may look into one of these clinics.  I think I'm an OK swimmer, but it would be worth the coaching to see where I can improve.

2004-11-09 10:03 AM
in reply to: #80494

User image

Expert
Colchester, CT
Subject: RE: Swim Clinic for New England Folks
Thanks Deb, even though I'm from CT, I may look into getting to one. It looks like it might be worth thr drive.

Chris
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Clinic for New England Folks Rss Feed