Overall Rank = 21/398
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 4/68
Swim
  • 31m 13s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 54s / 100 yards
Comments:

24/68 and 134/398 - I definitely want to get much faster! Being in the top 35% of my age group and 33% overall isn't that bad but it's too slow for me ... I need to improve ... please, please, please :)

What would you do differently?:

Just swim faster! :)
Transition 1
  • 02m 58s
Comments:

Wetsuit Strippers ROCK! Even though, I flopped down in front of this guy, who just turned around and walked away. I attempted to call him back but he was gone ... I started to panic a little bit, picked my butt of the ground and flopped in front of couple of 12 year olds who as a team literally stripped the suit of me! I LOVE wetsuit strippers, they should have them at every single race. If it wasn't for the guy who decided to take a break and just left me hanging for a few seconds,my transition time would have been slightly quicker. My feet had tons of shit on it by the time I got to my bike so I took my time to make sure I didn't get any of that in my sock and then shoes ... next time I gotta be faster!
Bike
  • 1h 20m 29s
  • 27.34 miles
  • 20.38 mile/hr
Comments:

5/68 and 15/398 - I was very happy with the bike. Had 2 GU's - one after Devil's hill around mile 6 and one after the rolling hills around mile 20 ... I also had to go to the bathroom a little bit so that was frustrating, I wasn't stopping! I passed a lot of people on the bike especially on the uphills, and only got passed twice by two crazy guys on $20,000 bikes! I could hear them coming for miles ... LOL! Overall I am very happy with my performance, and I know I can get even faster. I have only been riding my bike for not even 2 months. I also could have been little faster if some crazy guy didn't run me of the road towards the end of the course. I literally ended up almost in the woods. I tried passing him on the left like you are suppose to, butt he wouldn't let me and as soon as I went to the right he also went to the right - IDIOT! Anyways, I was lucky not to fall and finish strong :) My goal is to consistently hit 21 mph ... I think I can do it!
Transition 2
  • 01m 22s
Comments:

I couldn't rack my bike! For some reason the saddle wouldn't go under the bar ... thank God there were no other bikes around me so I had some space to work with :) Slipped my shoes on, put my race belt on and off I went ...

Rack my bike right on the first try! :)
Run
  • 44m 55s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 14s  min/mile
Comments:

My calves and shins were pretty tight for the first half a mile or so, and then it went away and legs felt good ...

I didn't drink or eat on the run, and with about 2 miles left, I was not only really hungry (not for GU's but for something with a bit more substance ), but I also had to pee - again though, there was no chance I was stopping! ...

There were tons of water stops and I took water a few times to just pour it over my head/neck to cool down ... I caught Joe with about a mile left and we finished strong together ...

I wish I had more food on the bike so I wasn't hungry on the run ... it also would have been nice if I didn't have to pee ... overall though, I definitely can't complain, because this was my longest run I ever done in a race .. tri or just road race, and I finished in the top 4% overall ... yay!
Post race
Warm down:

I did absolutely nothing ... I totally should have stretched .. I ate some food, drank water, and then went into the lake for a few minutes to "ice" my legs .. I only went in knees deep though ... it was just way too cold! I also got a picture with the Moose! :) ... Stay tuned!

Event comments:

I loved this race and I LOVE my medal! :) My first Olympic race,and I am totally hooked! I want do to more NOW! :)

Profile Album

Last updated: 2009-04-18 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:31:13 | 1640 yards | 01m 54s / 100yards
Age Group: 24/68
Overall: 134/398
Performance: Average
Suit: Wetsuit
Course: Out and back swim
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 59F / 15C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:58
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:20:29 | 27.34 miles | 20.38 mile/hr
Age Group: 5/68
Overall: 15/398
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: Pretty hilly course, with one short and steep Devil's Hill, one long and steady climb on 104 and few other short rolling hills ...
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering:
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:22
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Bad
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:44:55 | 06.21 miles | 07m 14s  min/mile
Age Group: 8/68
Overall: 16/398
Performance: Good
Course: First 2 miles were pretty flat, right along the Newfound lake ... mile 3 was pretty damn hilly ... it was an out and back course ...
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-06-08 2:20 PM

User image

Boston
Subject: Mooseman Triathlon

2009-06-09 7:09 AM
in reply to: #2202913

User image

Subject: RE: Mooseman Triathlon
Great Job again.  I think if we can come up with a slightly better fueling / hydration strategy for your bike we can make the run go even faster. 
2009-06-12 1:24 PM
in reply to: #2204297

User image

Boston
Subject: RE: Mooseman Triathlon
For sure! I would love to get under 7 come Cranberry ... is Cranberry a hilly course?
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Mooseman Triathlon Rss Feed