United States
Sun Multisport Events
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 25m 10s
Overall Rank = 147/660
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 4/39
Pre-race routine:

I had the usual bagel with peanut butter and jelly, banana, and a cliff bar closer to the swim start. What wasn't cool is that when I showed up at my car in the morning, my passenger side side mirror was ripped off! Ugh!
Swim
  • 27m 59s
  • 1408 yards
  • 01m 59s / 100 yards
Comments:

I came in 314/660 overall, 110/302, and 15/39 ... still long ways to go
What would you do differently?:

No more breast stroke!
Transition 1
  • 02m 43s
Comments:

Long run to transition ... I did get out of the water really fast, flu up the stairs, and into transition ... I had a little bit of trouble getting my wetsuit off my feet, but not bad ... I had issues getting clipped into my pedals ... my sunglasses fogged up cuz my face was too wet, and my foot kept slipping of the pedal ... clip in already ... my transition time was 133/660, 39/302, and 6/39 ...

I want to learn how to jump on my bike so I don't have to run and stop, clip in and go ... I want one fluid motion ...
Bike
  • 1h 10m 16s
  • 24.9 miles
  • 21.26 mile/hr
Comments:

I came in 136/660 overall, 18/302, and 3/39 ...

Not very much ... if it wasn't for my premature 3 week taper, I would have liked to push it maybe a bit harder ...
Transition 2
  • 01m 29s
Comments:

Long run to my set up ... couldn't get my right shoe unclipped and started to panic a little bit. It finally came off! Then I couldn't get my race belt clipped either .. UGH! By the time I figured that out on the move, it was all twisted and made for a nice souvenir. If you want to see, just ask ...
Run
  • 46m 55s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 07m 34s  min/mile
Comments:

oh boy oh boy ... I was just dying ... I took the first mile way too fast, thinking that I'll be able to hold on to that pace, but boy was I wrong ... come mile 2, I hit the wall ... I was seriously thinking about stopping. My legs felt fine, but my lungs were hurting and hurting bad ... I was trying to get my heart rate under control but it wasn't happening, I felt like I was carrying someone with me, and they were sitting on my chest .. BOO ... I used my mental strength (I guess I have some), and decided to keep on moving ... I was moving, but significantly slower, and slower, and my speed wasn't picking up ... they had water stops at every mile, so I took a cup each time and poured it all over me ... felt good but wasn't very smart .. come like the 4th mile, my shoes were soaked, and squeaking with every step I took ... I really was spent, and even got passed by a chick from my age group ... I tried to stay with her, but my lungs really just couldn't do it ... she ended up running a 6:59 which was my original goal ... I did catch up to someone else in my age group and managed to go by her and keep her off in the last half mile or so .. I did pick up the speed but obviously not by that much ... I was so glad it was over ... I was exactly 2 min slower than on June 5th at Mooseman, which is a much hillier course ...

I came in 162/660, 47/302, and 10/39

Do not take 3 week vacation before your A race ... :)
Post race
Warm down:

Stretch out at marathon sports ...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of training ...

Event comments:

No bike or helmet numbers ... otherwise a pretty well organized race ...

Last updated: 2009-06-16 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:27:59 | 1408 yards | 01m 59s / 100yards
Age Group: 15/39
Overall: 110/660
Performance: Below average
Suit: Yes
Course: All around the pond ... Loon pond was NASTY! At one point all you could see were some nasty green things floating everywhere ... I am pretty sure that wasn't too healthy ... my swim time was over 3 minutes faster than at Mooseman so I guess I may be getting faster, but I still feel like crap. The fact that I didn't swim for over a month also didn't help, and I ended up breast stroking a few times .. probably more than I should, and need to, however the swim was crowded the whole time and I could never really get a good lane ... at this point in time it's easier for me to sight doing breast stroke rather than lifting my head out of the water ... that ALL has to change if I want to get faster ...
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Average
Waves: Average Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:43
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
01:10:16 | 24.9 miles | 21.26 mile/hr
Age Group: 3/39
Overall: 39/660
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: Course was flat with a bunch of rollers ... fun fun fun course ... I am so psyched I was able to hold a pace of over 21mph! LOVE IT! Now, I want to be able to hold this pace on hilly courses, and move up to 22mph on flats ... if I didn't have to run, I may have had a chance at that, but I was trying not to KILL my legs ...
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:29
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:46:55 | 06.2 miles | 07m 34s  min/mile
Age Group: 10/39
Overall: 47/660
Performance: Bad
Mile 1: 7:08 Mile 2: 7:42 Mile 3: 7:42 Mile 4: 7:51 Mile 5: 7:40 Mile 6: 7:47 Mile 7: 7:15
Course: Flat course with a couple of rolling hills, but nothing major ...
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-08-31 4:09 PM

User image

Boston
Subject: Cranberry Trifest

2009-09-02 2:15 PM
in reply to: #2381177

User image

Veteran
Oak Park, IL
Subject: RE: Cranberry Trifest
Great job on the bike! Keep it up.
2009-09-04 2:00 PM
in reply to: #2381177

User image

Expert
wrightsville beach, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Cranberry Trifest

uber fast!!  but I think you should change your finish time--8hrs and 30 mins.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cranberry Trifest Rss Feed