General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Speed Concept Vs. P3 and P4 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-06-30 10:37 AM
in reply to: #2952814

Subject: RE: Speed Concept Vs. P3 and P4
trigods - 2010-06-30 10:25 AM

pga_mike - 2010-06-29 10:59 AM
furiousferret - 2010-06-28 10:13 PM Nothing beats the value of a Cervelo;  for the price point they are the only manufacturers that do not skimp on the group sets and they have decent wheels.   If price isn't an issue, I really think it comes down to fit.  The most important thing about tri bikes is finding one you can be aero in for the longest time.

Actually, I would say that this describes Felt more closely.  Felt's comparable bikes still come with very usable 40 mm aero wheels and nice components.

Cervelo often puts bikes out with cheap wheels and components.  $700 for wheels and all components?

I disagree with this statement... plus you are comparing price points of 2 totally different bikes (the B12 and the PC3). The Felt DA would be a better comparison since both bike (the DA and the PC3) would be the flagship bikes of both companies.

The DA will cost you about $3,000 more than the PC3 speced out. So looking at the top bikes for both brands, the PC3 is clearly the better deal... Also when you look at the amount of money and time Cervelo spends in the wind tunnel, most bikes are modelled after the PC3 anyway...

As for the cheaper wheels, most manufactures assume if you are going to spend $3500 or more on a bike you will have racing wheels anyway. So having bomb proof wheels for training rides make more sense.

Why would I bike a less aerodynamic bike but to get better wheels?

Compare the B12 and the P2C and that would be a better comparison.

Just another fine point and I am probably spilting hairs here also but you said that for cervelo "most bikes are modelled after the PC3 anyway" well the I believe that felt uses the same frame and fork design for the DA and the B2.  They use the same Frame design for the DA as the b1* series they just use the a less aero and cheaper fork.

So the  P2C is modeled after the P3C while the B12 is the same frame design as the DA which does happen to be the fastest legal time trial bike in the world.

I would call that real value.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Speed Concept Vs. P3 and P4 Rss Feed  

of 2