General Discussion Race Reports! » Highland District Hospital Foundation 5K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Highland District Hospital Foundation 5K - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Hillsboro, Ohio
United States
Highland District Hospital Foundation
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 38m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 30-40
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Was a committee member for the event. The RD agreed that there were enough volunteers and that if I wanted to, I could go ahead and run the race. Decided 30 minutes before the gun went off to become a runner ... having not run in two months.
Event warmup:

Talked to my colleague at The Times-Gazette, Steve Roush, for a bit who had decided that morning to come out for the run.
Run
  • 38m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 12m 13s  min/mile
Comments:

This was a very good pace for me. Steve hadn't run in four years, but had recently lost some weight and been very active on the eliptical. Considering I hadn't run in two months, we decided to stick together and cross the finish line at the same time.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Post race
Warm down:

Stretched a little bit. I was wearing three hats that day: runner, volunteer and reporter, so I went back to my truck to grab the Nikon and my reporter's pad and interviewed people.

Event comments:

Loved it, and I'm not just saying that because I was a part of the planning committee. It was well-run, started on time, the course was beautiful, the weather was perfect, the T-shirts were TECHNICAL, the kids activities (pony rides, bounce house, 10 and under fun run) were amazing, and the turnout was awesome for a first year. Loved it!

Last updated: 2011-10-09 12:00 AM
Running
00:38:00 | 03.11 miles | 12m 13s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: The course was amazing and beautiful. It was at Rocky Fork State Park Lake, the sky was pitch-perfect blue and the fiery colors on the leaves made you realize how much you love fall the duration of the race. There was a nice, steady grade on the short segment that was the main highway, a lot of flat areas and the downhills were good. A perfect course to challenge you a bit. The course was two laps, and, boy, were they gorgeous laps!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2011-10-09 4:58 PM

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
Subject: Highland District Hospital Foundation 5K
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Highland District Hospital Foundation 5K Rss Feed