General Discussion Triathlon Talk » last minute - way back from triple bypass Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-07-07 4:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Seattle
Subject: last minute - way back from triple bypass
I know a few people who are doing the Triple tomorrow and as far as I know they are staying up there. We had our ride back bail out in the last minute
We do have a friend to stay at in Vail and can ride back with them Sunday night, but due to work commitments we really need to go back Saturday night or early Sunday.
Anybody going back tomorrow and has a couple free seats and space for 2 bikes?
Thanks!

2006-07-11 2:20 PM
in reply to: #476322

Regular
Subject: RE: last minute - way back from triple bypass
Just curious if you completed the Triple By-Pass. It definately was not your typical Colorado day. I started at about 5:15 AM. I really did plan on completing this ride BUT the weather was too much for me to handle. Going uphill was fine as far as warmth goes but going down into Idaho Springs I was SOOOOOOOOOOO cold. I decided to go on from there but was completely soaked and cold by the time I got to Loveland Ski Area. On this day going uphill was actually easier than going down for me at least. I hate quitting but I did quit at that point. I thought my clothing was more waterproof but it didn't keep me dry on Saturday. I also need to get those shoe covers. Dry feet would have helped a lot. Oh well, I guess I get to try again next year.
2006-07-11 8:03 PM
in reply to: #476322

User image

Veteran
Seattle
Subject: RE: last minute - way back from triple bypass
yep, we finished!
you made a smart decision though, it was not fun
for details on the misery you can read my report:
http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » last minute - way back from triple bypass Rss Feed