General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Olympic Nutrition Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2013-08-11 7:50 AM
in reply to: Chillin

Subject: RE: Olympic Nutrition
I'm with Chillin - I think the every athletes body is different, and when you find a system that makes you feel good you stick with it.

I know during practices in college we had guys that would cramp up if they didn't have some sort of sports drink a few hours into our 3 hours sessions, but there guys were completely fine with water the whole way through. The human body is an amazing machine and none of us are identical. We can go by the guideline of 150/cal per hour, but for some people that might be too little - heck for some people that might even be too much and make them feel weighed down.

2013-08-11 2:21 PM
in reply to: AGSTL

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by AGSTLI'm with Chillin - I think the every athletes body is different, and when you find a system that makes you feel good you stick with it.I know during practices in college we had guys that would cramp up if they didn't have some sort of sports drink a few hours into our 3 hours sessions, but there guys were completely fine with water the whole way through. The human body is an amazing machine and none of us are identical. We can go by the guideline of 150/cal per hour, but for some people that might be too little - heck for some people that might even be too much and make them feel weighed down.
Despite variations from one individual to the next, we're more alike than different. The advice Shane and I have provided in this thread applies to the vast majority of athletes. I have yet to meet someone who it doesn't apply to, and only say "vast majority" because I have an aversion to using absolutes. Everyone thinks it doesn't apply to them until they gain enough experience to realize they were misinterpreting what they were experiencing, and it actually does.
2013-08-11 2:43 PM
in reply to: TriMyBest

User image

Originally posted by TriMyBest

Originally posted by AGSTLI'm with Chillin - I think the every athletes body is different, and when you find a system that makes you feel good you stick with it.I know during practices in college we had guys that would cramp up if they didn't have some sort of sports drink a few hours into our 3 hours sessions, but there guys were completely fine with water the whole way through. The human body is an amazing machine and none of us are identical. We can go by the guideline of 150/cal per hour, but for some people that might be too little - heck for some people that might even be too much and make them feel weighed down.
Despite variations from one individual to the next, we're more alike than different. The advice Shane and I have provided in this thread applies to the vast majority of athletes. I have yet to meet someone who it doesn't apply to, and only say "vast majority" because I have an aversion to using absolutes. Everyone thinks it doesn't apply to them until they gain enough experience to realize they were misinterpreting what they were experiencing, and it actually does.

Keep in mind I wasn't arguing about a need for more fuel it was that 1 extra gel on the bike wouldn't hurt my performance or cause my entire digestive system to completely shut down.

Do you really think that would happen for a vast majority (read: everyone?)

Whether or not most people need it is a different issue from me knowing that it won't harm me.
2013-08-11 4:22 PM

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by Chillin
Despite variations from one individual to the next, we're more alike than different. The advice Shane and I have provided in this thread applies to the vast majority of athletes. I have yet to meet someone who it doesn't apply to, and only say "vast majority" becayuse I have an aversion to using absolutes. Everyone thinks it doesn't apply to them until they gain enough experience to realize they were misinterpreting what they were experiencing, and it actually does.
Keep in mind I wasn't arguing about a need for more fuel it was that 1 extra gel on the bike wouldn't hurt my performance or cause my entire digestive system to completely shut down. Do you really think that would happen for a vast majority (read: everyone?) Whether or not most people need it is a different issue from me knowing that it won't harm me.
Yes. I know that too much will cause the vast majority of athletes' digestive systems to shut down. It's silly to debate it.
2013-08-11 4:29 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Despite variations from one individual to the next, we're more alike than different. The advice Shane and I have provided in this thread applies to the vast majority of athletes. I have yet to meet someone who it doesn't apply to, and only say "vast majority" becayuse I have an aversion to using absolutes. Everyone thinks it doesn't apply to them until they gain enough experience to realize they were misinterpreting what they were experiencing, and it actually does.
Keep in mind I wasn't arguing about a need for more fuel it was that 1 extra gel on the bike wouldn't hurt my performance or cause my entire digestive system to completely shut down. Do you really think that would happen for a vast majority (read: everyone?) Whether or not most people need it is a different issue from me knowing that it won't harm me.
Yes. I know that too much will cause the vast majority of athletes' digestive systems to shut down. It's silly to debate it.

Nobody is debating that. That's obvious and just basic common sense.

It's not about whether too much will cause most peoples digestive system to shut down, it is whether a tiny amount extra will do that to everyone. I KNOW from personal experience that the minimal amount we are talking about here will not do that FOR ME, it's silly to debate it.

Edited by Chillin 2013-08-11 4:31 PM
2013-08-11 4:55 PM

User image

I promised to report back after the race with how I felt my nutrition plan worked:

Unfortunately my plan did not survive the race conditions

Firstly let me say that the tri I did was completely free and was set up by a few volunteers (Crescent Beach Triathlon), so my comments are not meant to put them down at all, if anything the fault is mine for not memorizing the course map before hand...

It was in Heavy rain and the course was hardly marked at all. I made 2 wrong turns and had to backtrack. Many people were asking each other for directions and making wrong turns. I tried to refer to the map they gave us part way through but because of the rain I could barely unfold it and then it dissolved in my hands. Also this is only my 10th time ever on a road bike and the first time ever in rain, and heavy rain at at that.

So because of that I was more focused on not taking a spill and staying on course, so what I actually ate on the bike was:
Powerbar Power Gel at 4km, 19km, 32km. I would have been happier eating one more gel but this at least minimally sufficient.

devilfan02 how did your race go?

2013-08-11 5:23 PM

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

I did an Olympic tri today and followed the advice that Shane and Don were providing.  I had a water bottle with two gels (100 cal each) mixed into it.  I drank about 2/3 of it (maybe) and had two mouthfuls of water on the run.  Worked out perfectly, my stomach felt awesome and I had plenty of energy.  

Pretty sure I would have puked if I had taken in much more than that.

2013-08-11 5:43 PM
in reply to: axteraa

User image

Bronze member
Originally posted by axteraa

I did an Olympic tri today and followed the advice that Shane and Don were providing.  I had a water bottle with two gels (100 cal each) mixed into it.  I drank about 2/3 of it (maybe) and had two mouthfuls of water on the run.  Worked out perfectly, my stomach felt awesome and I had plenty of energy.  

Pretty sure I would have puked if I had taken in much more than that.

I raced a 10k trail run last month. I was fine during the race but got really sick with tummy trouble and headache that curled me up on the couch for the rest of the day. That day I took a gel right before I started running, had a bit of water during the run and downed a gatorade at the finish line.

Today I followed the advice in this thread specifically: Also, eating as soon as you get on the bike and right before you get off to run are bad ideas and you would be better to do all fueling between 10-30km. On the run, a sip of sports drink at each aid station should be all you need.

I had my aero bottle filled with Gatorade that I sipped on during the bike, water from the aid stations on the run. Worked like a charm. And no headache or tummy trouble now that I'm home either. The only issue I had was if I took too big of a drink from my aero bottle I burped it for a minute so I just took tiny sips more frequently.

2013-08-11 6:07 PM

First Oly today WOOT!

Light breakfast of peanut butter toast, protein shake.
2 cliff bars on the 1.5 hour drive.
2 pre race gels 45 and 15 mins out.
2 gels on bike 10K and 30K -finished one water bottle.
Nothing on the run.

Felt strong and was able to push all legs of the event pretty hard.
2013-08-11 10:31 PM

User image

Expert
Fernandina Beach, FL

Keep in mind I wasn't arguing about a need for more fuel it was that 1 extra gel on the bike wouldn't hurt my performance or cause my entire digestive system to completely shut down.

Whether or not most people need it is a different issue from me knowing that it won't harm me.

Just curious at what number "extra" gels on the bike would hurt performance/ cause GI issues?
2013-08-11 10:58 PM
in reply to: rjrankin83

User image

Originally posted by rjrankin83

Just curious at what number "extra" gels on the bike would hurt performance/ cause GI issues?

You didn't specify, are you asking how many gels I personally can have during the bike portion of an Olympic Tri before I suffer from GI issues? Or how many an "average" person can have before they do?

If it's the first I guarantee it is higher than 5, but I've only pushed it beyond that on runs not bikes, so I can't say for sure how many above 5.

If it's the second then TriMyBest or gsmacleod would probably be able to answer that better. I guess they would say 4.

2013-08-11 11:15 PM

User image

Expert
Fernandina Beach, FL
More of a rhetorical question. My point was that at some point too much is too much and you can't really say that "1 extra gel won't hurt" cause it very well could for you or anyone.

This site is a great learning tool. Guys like Shane, although I've never personally asked him a question but read his responses to others, have taught me a lot. I'd recommend rather than just shrugging off the advice given here atleast give it a shot. You may do well doing it your way, but I promise trying the advice given in this thread (and others), will help.

Best of luck in future races, and I hope you met your goals with this one.

2013-08-11 11:27 PM
in reply to: rjrankin83

User image

Originally posted by rjrankin83

More of a rhetorical question. My point was that at some point too much is too much and you can't really say that "1 extra gel won't hurt" cause it very well could for you or anyone.

This site is a great learning tool. Guys like Shane, although I've never personally asked him a question but read his responses to others, have taught me a lot. I'd recommend rather than just shrugging off the advice given here atleast give it a shot. You may do well doing it your way, but I promise trying the advice given in this thread (and others), will help.

Best of luck in future races, and I hope you met your goals with this one.

Ah I see what you are saying. You are, of course, right that one extra gel Could hurt and that is very valid advice, EXCEPT for people that have personal experience eating that many, And More, gels. In that case 1 extra gel is not actually 1 extra gel at all. It is 1 extra over their recommendation of what is recommended for most athletes, but is of course not 1 extra over what is tried and true for that athlete (me).

No one is shrugging off advice I am here to learn (and I am learning lots) but internet advice can only be taken so far. When generic advice directly contradicts personal experience maybe that advice isn't necessarily best for you right?
2013-08-12 8:32 PM

User image

Scottsdale, AZ
Wow, didn't expect to check back and see all these replies and discussions. Well, my race went good and my nutrition was solid as well. I wish I would have read this before the race but I ended up basically doing what Shane and Don recommended.

I did an Olympic distance triathlon up in Flagstaff yesterday (Mountain Man Tri). It's a difficult bike and run course at 7,000+ feet of elevation. I stayed with some friends up there who made us a big pasta dinner the night before. I ate too much which, looking back at it, affected me race morning. I ate my normal breakfast on race day but felt way too full and made numerous stops to the bathroom. I was a little concerned so I stuck with water for the rest of the morning as opposed to drinking gatorade up until the start of the race.

About 20 minutes before the race, I ate 7 Powerbar energy chews which is about 145 calories. My stomach at this point seemed fine so I wasn't worried anymore. Had a decent swim then hopped on the bike for the start of a hilly course. I only drank water the first 20 minutes which is my gameplan for every race. At :20 and :50 of the bike, I ate 5 Powerbar energy chews each (100 cals) and washed down with water. I finished off my 24oz water bottle w/ about 4 miles left to go on the bike and I didn't eat/drink anything else on the bike leg. My plan was to eat 100 cals at 1:15 but I finished before then so I waited for the run to start...

In T2, I felt kind of nauseous so I knew not to eat anything for awhile. I started the run and slowly started to feel better. Unfortunately, I had to stop and pee which cost me a minute but I felt much better. At about the 2.5 mile mark of the run, the course goes straight up a mountain for 1.5 miles. It's absolutely brutal with a long steep uphill then it switches to steep switch backs which never seem to end. Long story short, I was putting out too high of an effort to stomach anything so I continued to wait till the downhill stretch to eat. Once we made the turnaround and started heading downhill, I immediately ate 100 cals which worked out perfect. Even after the brutal uphill run, I was able to run sub-7:20's miles the last 2+ miles and finish strong.

Sorry for the race report but I learned that on shorter distance races, less is more for me. It's odd because for longer distances (HIM), I tend to eat more calories than the avg person. I have a feeling that in this particular case, I was putting out a big effort which probably resulted in me not wanting eat/drink at this distance.

Thanks to everyone for the advice - good stuff!

Edited by devilfan02 2013-08-12 8:36 PM
2013-08-13 7:31 AM
in reply to: devilfan02

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Congratulations on a great race! It sounds like you did a good job with fueling. My only suggestions would be less water between breakfast and the race start, and you may be able to avoid the need to pee during the race. The other comment is that your last chews after the climb on the run aren't necessary for actual fueling, because they're not digested and available for energy until after you finish, but because some people perform better just getting carbohydrates into their mouth, using just one chew or swishing some sports drink from an aid station can aid performance for some.
2013-08-13 12:31 PM

User image

Scottsdale, AZ

Congratulations on a great race! It sounds like you did a good job with fueling. My only suggestions would be less water between breakfast and the race start, and you may be able to avoid the need to pee during the race. The other comment is that your last chews after the climb on the run aren't necessary for actual fueling, because they're not digested and available for energy until after you finish, but because some people perform better just getting carbohydrates into their mouth, using just one chew or swishing some sports drink from an aid station can aid performance for some.

Totally agree regarding the water. I usually never have to pee during endurance races (marathons and HIM's) so this was a first. I definitely blame it on the water leading up to racetime.

The calories on the 2nd half of the run seemed to help mentally but I will definitely take your advice for my next Olympic on 9/22. I will probably only take a couple chews on the run as opposed to 5.

2013-08-13 12:42 PM

User image

Great info in this thread, thanks all. I'm racing my first olympic at the end of August and struggling with my nutrition. I did a 30/7.5 brick this past Saturday. I had normal pre-training breakfast and had 24oz water and 16oz skratch for the bike. About .5 mile in my skratch fell out after a bump and i lost 2/3 of the skratch so I was stuck with water and a granola bar. At the transition to the run I ate a hammer gel. Our run course has water stops every two miles supplied by the local run club with Gatorade (which I typically avoid) and water. I ended up bonking at mile 4 of the run. My sweating turned to cold chills and tingling hands. I drank a couple cups of Gatorade and a couple of water at mile 4 and 6 but had nothing left and ended up walking most of the 3 miles home.

It was very hot and humid that morning which made a difference I'm sure. Not having any electrolytes for me being a heavy sweater was a bad decision. Since then I have tried making my own electrolyte drink which seems to work well but I haven't done a long session since last week.

My next trial will be this:

pre-training hydration mix: 2 parts water to 1 part cranberry grape juice with 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp sugar
pre-training food: granola bar and banana

on bike:
2-24oz skratch
1 gel at 15 miles

transition
1 gel

in run:
water at stations

any thoughts on this plan? Suggestions for whole foods instead of gels?
2013-08-13 12:59 PM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

Originally posted by phishinphan Great info in this thread, thanks all. I'm racing my first olympic at the end of August and struggling with my nutrition. I did a 30/7.5 brick this past Saturday. I had normal pre-training breakfast and had 24oz water and 16oz skratch for the bike. About .5 mile in my skratch fell out after a bump and i lost 2/3 of the skratch so I was stuck with water and a granola bar. At the transition to the run I ate a hammer gel. Our run course has water stops every two miles supplied by the local run club with Gatorade (which I typically avoid) and water. I ended up bonking at mile 4 of the run. My sweating turned to cold chills and tingling hands. I drank a couple cups of Gatorade and a couple of water at mile 4 and 6 but had nothing left and ended up walking most of the 3 miles home. It was very hot and humid that morning which made a difference I'm sure. Not having any electrolytes for me being a heavy sweater was a bad decision. Since then I have tried making my own electrolyte drink which seems to work well but I haven't done a long session since last week. My next trial will be this: pre-training hydration mix: 2 parts water to 1 part cranberry grape juice with 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp sugar pre-training food: granola bar and banana on bike: 2-24oz skratch 1 gel at 15 miles transition 1 gel in run: water at stations any thoughts on this plan? Suggestions for whole foods instead of gels?

What is skratch?

I'd recommend working on your bottle holder situation.  Find a bottle that fits snuggly and change the holder if need be.

I personally would never try whole foods for an Olympic.  Also I find bloks/chews difficult on the bike, impossible on the run.  I personally rely entirely on sport drink for the bike and maybe gels for the run.    And, I am a 3 hour Olympic racer so I need plenty of fuel.   I really like the simplicity of sports drink because I get calories, hydration, and electrolytes at the same time with little effort.

ETA:  Also, I am not a fan of a gel in transition.   Just put your shoes on and run out with everything else in hand, apply as you go.   I normally have a gel at the end of my bike, or I might have a gel right before the first water stop on the run.  I see Shane, et al, say that is too late in the game.  Although I wonder if they have the same advice for a 45 min 10ker versus a 60 min 10ker (like me).  It's worked fine in the past.

Edited by BikerGrrrl 2013-08-13 1:03 PM
2013-08-13 1:29 PM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sacramento, California
All, I was reading this thread intently last weekend because I also had an Oly on Sunday. Based on what I read here, I reduced my planed caloric intake to more closely match the recommendations here (the less is more advice).

It worked out really well. Here's what I ate/drank:

2am - woke to eat 2 cup apple sause, banana
5am - woke to get ready, ate a little more apple sause + sip bottle of perform up until race
30 min before start, 1 gel w/ a little water
1 bottle perform on the bike + 1 gel at 30K
3 clif blok with caffiene each 2 mi on the run, starting right out of T2
Sips of water at each station

I felt great through the whole race. The prior Oly I consumed more on the bike and did feel a little burpy on the run... I like the new advice better. Thanks for posting!
2013-08-13 1:35 PM

User image

Thanks for the reply. We are similar in our Olympic times. I estimate it will take me about 3 hours too. I'll let you know August 31!

Skratch is an electrolyte drink mix, like Heed or Gu Brew. Skratch is higher in sodium and potassium than most which is why I like it as a heavy sweater. ETA it's also not very sweet and is made with natural ingredients.

Edited by phishinphan 2013-08-13 1:49 PM
2013-08-13 1:55 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Well, this is interesting to me (science/medical type geek), so I'll kick the horse again while it's down.

Physiologically, you almost CAN'T use all your glycogen in an Oly, unless you're going very slowly and take in no calories - then perhaps...  At all but BOBOP speeds, you really can't, especially if you eat normally the day prior and have a typical pre-training-day breakfast ~2hrs prior.

As to what the gut can handle in the race, that depends on how much intensity you throw down.  If one races an Oly as fast as your training will permit, the intensity should be pretty high (just sub-threshold for the first 2/3 to all of the bike and at or just above for the last of the bike and the whole run, depending on speed... iow, right at threshold for the last hour or so is a good/common way to look at it).  IF you go that hard (speed doesn't matter, just how hard compared to your max), you prolly won't be able to take in much more than our esteemed coaches have already nicely laid out.

If you go easier, then you should be able to take in lots more.  I can down a whole picnic if I'm on a recovery ride or run.  Laughing

The point is, though, that your body does not NEED it to avoid the dreaded bonk.  I agree that some sugar and caffeine can give you a boost (there are actually studies to back that up), even if you're no where near bonking.  So, some high octane fuel is likely a benefit to max performance.  However, if you take in much more than has been suggested with no discomfort, I would submit that means your percentage of effort is below what you COULD hold for the event.

If you're "competing to COMPLETE," then do whatever you would like wrt munchies, of course.  If you are looking for the best RESULT, then the advice offered is sound.

As for comparing marathon fueling to Oly fueling, they're just too different (IMO) to really line up against one another (at least for most physiologically normal humans that are going at a distance appropriate "racing" pace).  Again, if you're just going way sub-maximal-for-the-distance in your effort, then the physiologic demands are different - I'm just talking about going at "your best" race pace.

Anywho, best of luck (and I'll thank the coaches for some very useful stuff posted - as always - much appreciated guys!).

FWIW, in an Oly I'll do a normal pre-race breakfast (couple pieces of toast, nut butter, coffee) 2+ hours prior, drink 1 bottle of sports drink or NUUN and +/- a Fig Newton in the 30' prior to the start, one gel 1/4 of the way into the bike and another at 2/3 to 3/4 through with a bit less than one bottle of fluid (full bottle if hot, half if cool), then water and/or sports drink sips on the run (but usually nothing the last 2 miles... except pain).  Tongue out

YMMV

Matt

ETA - hydration and fueling are separate issues.  You can feel lightheaded and bonky from not taking enough fluids - and that is CERTAINLY possible (even likely for a heavy sweater like me) in a 3 hour effort, even if you have plenty of glycogen left or even if you're going easy and fueling (LSD runs or such, even well fueled).  If you get goose bumps, chills, light-headed and such, it's much more likely that you didn't take in enough fluids, rather than calories.  Hey coaches - you want to start a discussion on optimal fluid intake??  Surprised  Wink

Edited by mcmanusclan5 2013-08-13 2:11 PM

2013-08-13 1:56 PM
in reply to: #4825815

User image

Skrach is not at all like Heed or GU brew in that it contains only electrolytes and no carbs - it can't be used in the same way as a regular sports drink , you do need to take on extra carbs in the form of gels/ shot blocks etc. my guess is that is why you felt bad and bonked on your brick workout. Either use it in combination with other sources of carbs or start to use a sports drink like Heed / perform or Gatorade
2013-08-13 2:10 PM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

Just to emphasize that everyone is different, here's my nutrition for an Olympic distance two weeks ago.

Breakfast, two hours before: 2 scoops protein powder in 12 oz. fat-free Lactaid milk, bagel with ham and cheese.
Ride: 5 pulls water from the Camelbak every three miles, one mini Payday candy bar at mile 5, 15 oz. Kona Kola Nuun water a mouthful at a time as I remembered to do it.
T2: finish off the Nuun, another 5 oz.
Run: full mouthful water every 10 minutes, plus a four oz. cup at two aid stations.

Beat my goal by 42 minutes.

Payday bars seem to do the trick for me, and I've used them before. Got protein, sugar, fat, salt, and no chocolate to melt.

Next Olympic is in two weeks, and I'll probably shoot for three Paydays on the bike instead of one.
2013-08-13 2:18 PM
in reply to: slowbuthappy

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by slowbuthappy Skrach is not at all like Heed or GU brew in that it contains only electrolytes and no carbs - it can't be used in the same way as a regular sports drink , you do need to take on extra carbs in the form of gels/ shot blocks etc. my guess is that is why you felt bad and bonked on your brick workout. Either use it in combination with other sources of carbs or start to use a sports drink like Heed / perform or Gatorade

FYI, Skratch exercise hydration does have ~80 calories in a standard bottle (or when mixed as directed), so there are carbs in it.  It's a bit less than one gel (typically 100 calories) per standard bottle, or ~one gel per 24 oz.

This is less than many other drinks, but there is sugar in it (first ingredient, actually).  Actually helps with electrolyte absorbtion, but you do need to figure it in to your total calorie intake/processing.

Their everyday hydration stuff only has 20 calories per bottle...

Matt

2013-08-13 8:23 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

The point is, though, that your body does not NEED it to avoid the dreaded bonk.  I agree that some sugar and caffeine can give you a boost (there are actually studies to back that up), even if you're no where near bonking.  So, some high octane fuel is likely a benefit to max performance.

Yep exactly. Like I said I know I don't need it, just that it doesn't hurt ME (and that I can get a little boost by it).

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

As for comparing marathon fueling to Oly fueling, they're just too different (IMO) to really line up against one another (at least for most physiologically normal humans that are going at a distance appropriate "racing" pace). 

When I mentioned my marathon fueling example that was just a "for example", not actually meant to be directly comparable to oly nutrition (that was why I mentioned that I had taken gels 21 minutes apart on the bike at race pace with no ill effects).

But since you brought it up... Are they really not comparable?

Time? A "good" Oly Tri time is ~2:00, a "good" marathon time is ~2:10 so time wise they are clearly similar.
Intensity/HR? The largest chunk of time on a tri is spent on the bike which pretty universally averages lower HR than running (also there is not two 2 minute "breaks" (T1 & T2) in a marathon. So based on that the avg HR on a marathon should be higher than an oly.
Stress on the GI system? It is generally agreed that eating on the bike is easier on the GI system than eating while running (and we were talking about eating on the bike during an oly vs. while running a marathon).

So overall a marathon is slightly longer, at slightly higher intensity and is overall harder on the GI system... So my example of eating way more than was recommended without any ill effects while running a marathon was actually more relevant that I meant it to be. No? Or is there something I'm missing?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Olympic Nutrition Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

Olympic Nutrition Plan

Started by runninirish
Views: 1176 Posts: 6

2012-06-20 10:31 AM runninirish

Olympic Nutrition

Started by DJS
Views: 1376 Posts: 14

2010-08-12 7:24 PM metafizx

Nutrition intake during Olympic race - Help!

Started by StandsWithFist
Views: 1220 Posts: 12

2007-03-27 2:56 PM chirunner134

Nutrition before and during Olympic Dist Tri

Started by anturtle
Views: 667 Posts: 5

2006-07-17 9:30 AM davidb

Olympic tri nutrition/supplementation

Started by ODogg
Views: 760 Posts: 6

2004-08-06 4:35 PM dhlundblad
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 8, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Top experts in triathlon nutrition answer your common training and race day nutrition questions.

date : August 20, 2008
author : mrakes1
During this past weekend's Olympic distance triathlon, lack of fuel and dehydration hurt me during the run. I feel a little lost with knowing what, when and how much to consume.
date : August 20, 2008
author : Nancy Clark
For many athletes and active people, nutrition is their missing link. Here are a few ABC’s to get you started on the path to winning with good nutrition.

date : November 4, 2007
author : AMSSM
What are some tips to avoid the muscle cramps (which normally hit me in the run portion). How can I best prepare my body to perform without cramping?
date : August 17, 2007
author : mrakes1
Use this guide as a tool to perfect your nutrition during all three disciplines in a triathlon. Because not everyone requires the same quantity of macronutrients, be sure to practice your plan.

date : May 21, 2007
author : mikericci
Nutrition, hydration and pacing for the swim, bike and run of an olympic distance triathlon.
date : August 30, 2004
author : Ron
A couch to olympic triathlon training program. These programs will take you from a walk/run program, to a sprint, then to an olympic.

date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
Program outline of the 16 and 20 week olympic triathlon training plans.