Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Challenge Penticton Half... Who's in... Rss Feed  
Moderators: Ron Reply
2013-10-30 2:50 PM

User image

Gold member
Subject: Challenge Penticton Half... Who's in...
I'm all signed up and can't wait... who else is in??? Let the training begin....

2013-10-30 8:54 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

New user

Vancouver
Subject: RE: Challenge Penticton Half... Who's in...
Signed up for the full relay right now. Our biker might need surgery now though, so when we have a date for the procedure, and if hes not able to compete, I may consider switching to the half if that's possible. I think it's a great addition to the event!

Edited by RunnyBunny 2013-10-30 8:55 PM
2013-11-01 11:08 PM
in reply to: sookeTriNewbie

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Subject: RE: Challenge Penticton Half... Who's in...
I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll participate in the full course, half or relay (bike). I'm getting a lot of pressure to take the leap on the full course but I'm not sure I'm willing to commit to the time I'd need to put into the training.

I'd like to do the half or the relay. I biked the relay this year and had a lot of fun but I had some bike fit issues that caused me a lot of pain and slowed me down so I'd like another shot at the bike and I really love the bike course.

Recently, I've been planning to do the Victoria half in June and the Calgary half in July so I think a third half in August might be more realistic than a full distance.

So, I'll definitely be there just not sure for which (yet).
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Challenge Penticton Half... Who's in... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Challenge Penticton 2013 Who's in!?! Pages: 1 2

Started by dfquigley
Views: 3994 Posts: 32

2013-08-30 8:34 AM RunnyBunny

Good place to stay in Penticton.

Started by AndrewYak
Views: 952 Posts: 6

2010-02-07 11:21 PM kari16

Anyone doing Penticton Peach Classic Triathlon?

Started by mararunner
Views: 441 Posts: 3

2009-07-17 9:17 AM mommytriz

First Half - Who's in?

Started by airborne
Views: 375 Posts: 6

2007-11-05 1:28 PM jeng

Penticton Peach Classic

Started by DerekWL
Views: 430 Posts: 2

2007-06-09 2:33 PM Vaiza
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 24, 2010
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
My question is am I playing with fire entering the half marathon this close to my primary goal for this season which is the HIM?

date : September 22, 2009
author : Ali Winslow
Is it realistic to race a sprint and Olympic distance race within 2-3 weeks of one another to gauge my progress before tackling the half Ironman?
date : November 17, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 7
I just started doing tris this summer and I have two under my belt, both sprints. Is it reasonable to build up for a Oly in early ‘09, with a HIM in Oct of ‘09

date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
comments : 1
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.
date : January 29, 2006
author : sl2302
I just had a couple of problems, I could count the number of triathlons I had contested at zero. Secondly, I could count on one hand the number of times I had been swimming in the last 17 years.

date : August 30, 2004
author : sherrick
comments : 40
This half Ironman plan covers many weeks of challenging, but attainable training for someone who has some endurance experience, and ideally some Olympic distance races within the past season.