Canadian Triathlon Forum New Brunswick » Challenge St.Andrew's Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2013-11-19 6:49 PM

User image

Veteran
Nova Scotia, Canada
Subject: Challenge St.Andrew's
I know this is the first year challenge has taken over the race, but just wondering if anyone has done it before their involvement. Just wondering what the race and the route is like. Thinking of doing it next July.

2013-11-21 4:52 PM
in reply to: #4901583

Subject: RE: Challenge St.Andrew's
I'm thinking of doing it too but it looks challenging, no pun intended. This would be my first half so I'm not sure if it's a good race to start with.

I would appreciate any feedback as well!
2013-11-28 5:49 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally posted by KmarionI'm thinking of doing it too but it looks challenging, no pun intended. This would be my first half so I'm not sure if it's a good race to start with. I would appreciate any feedback as well!
I posted this over at slowtwitch as well. The race director actually responded. Looks like a great set up, and it would be my first half as well. I know the area a bit and know it's really rolling. From what I was told there was no really big climbs, just up and down all day. Not really my kind of course but hey, set a slow PR and it's only faster from there, lol.

Edited by BigDaddyD79 2013-11-28 5:50 PM
2013-12-15 4:43 PM
in reply to: BigDaddyD79

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

I'm thinking of signing up as well.  There are a bunch of people from PEI that are planning on doing it.

2013-12-27 6:26 PM
in reply to: 0

Veteran
London, Ontario
Disclaimer: Please understand this post is nothing but a clarification. We have supported the Challenge Family for years and continue to do so.

Unless this race is an anomaly, and different from the normal Challenge licensing agreement, Challenge is NOT taking over the race. They are not the RD and do not produce/execute the race. Challenge does not produce any race other than Roth. A Challenge branded race is a licensing agreement between Challenge and the local RD.

Having said that, it sounds like the local RD did a good job last year and has the community behind their team. I hope it is a great race.

As I said, I only post this to clarify what appears to be a popular misconception.

Edited by John Salt 2013-12-27 6:27 PM
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum New Brunswick » Challenge St.Andrew's Rss Feed  
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?

date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.
date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.

date : January 29, 2006
author : lv2teach
comments : 1
It’s a challenge to push yourself a little harder and a little further. Be proud of every workout that is accomplished and every step-even the baby ones-that you take on this course to the finishline.
date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
I’ve signed up to do the St. Anthony’s Olympic Triathlon in April. I will be 49 in May and need some advice on a good training program to fit into my full time work schedule.

date : November 27, 2005
author : AMSSM
Try to view your injury as another athletic challenge and an opportunity for personal learning and growth. Identify the skills that help you succeed as an athlete.
date : September 3, 2005
author : infosteward
The Boulder Peak bike course is legendary. It is, literally and named as such, one of the toughest bike legs in the country.

date : August 31, 2004
WAYNESVILLE, Ohio (August 22, 2004) Professional triathlete Felipe Bastos (BRA/USA) took another trip to Ohio this weekend...