General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Video Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-06-07 2:31 AM

New user

Miami, Florida
Subject: Swim Video
I'm not sure if this is posting in the right place. Below is a link of my swimming for feedback.

http://youtu.be/_oDPiEAxExY

A couple of issues I think I notice is my arms are pretty much straight down so I need to bend more and the elbow on the pull and I don't think I'm rotating enough.

2014-06-10 10:30 PM
in reply to: robolton

User image

Richland, Washington
Subject: RE: Swim Video
Hey Ro!

The only thing I see that is worth mentioning is your reach. If you watch the video again, look at where your hands are entering the water.

Try the "finger tip drag" drill
Here's a video http://blip.tv/goswimtv/freestyle-fingertip-drag-6012541

That should straighten out the form quite a bit. Post a video in a few weeks and let's see the improvement
2014-06-10 11:54 PM
in reply to: Swimaway

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Swim Video

Good comments. Thank you and I agree. Reach, for starters.

Really nice body position, level in water, legs are not dragging down or scissoring wide apart.

Not necessarily from the video but from the stills of the meet, your body rotation is decent (better on the right than left, though). Your head is actually rotating too much when breathing though--your entire face is out of the water. Face should be facing side of pool, just enough to get air in, not facing the sky.

You were swimming slowly and carefully in the video--surprisingly, your form is actually better when you're trying to swim faster. Overthinking probably causes you to overemphasize what you're doing right.

Pull is pretty good on the left. On the right, your hand is wavering all over the place instead of sweeping back (should pull with gentle curves at most) - probably because your head is coming too far out of the water to breathe, your arm is trying to stabilize your body instead of pulling back to generate propulsion. (Just FYI and others, head coming out too far to breathe, either to the side and/or up means some other part of your body has to balance your position in the water. Usually that's a wide scissor kick; in your case, your right hand sculls instead of strokes in the water).

I'll give you more feedback when I'm not in a business meeting for which me and my sister are completely inappropriately dressed, AND not paying attention. :P

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Video Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Must See swimming videos!

Started by amiine
Views: 2201 Posts: 22

2007-04-19 1:00 PM horatio92

Swim video website

Started by Micawber
Views: 1046 Posts: 9

2006-12-26 3:04 PM Offthegrid

Amazing swim videos of great racers

Started by Tring at 44
Views: 897 Posts: 5

2006-11-12 9:21 AM max

Swimming Videos

Started by tsprks
Views: 865 Posts: 4

2006-02-21 4:36 PM Micawber

Swim Video - bad post

Started by wyecrab
Views: 814 Posts: 2

2005-04-04 9:25 AM vonholt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 0
This is a video of the fingertip drag drill used for recovery to promote high elbows upon hand entry.

date : April 23, 2009
Some examples of easy 'loosen' swim strokes that are used for recovery.
date : July 7, 2008
author : Ron
comments : 1
This is a 'first impressions' review of the Fit2Race Sockeye Fullsuit. From a first wetsuit point-of-view, I was able to dramatically improve my pace over non-wetsuit swims.

date : December 3, 2007
comments : 2
Swim, bike and run video tutorials for the Silver and Gold member training plans.
date : July 23, 2007
See the Musselman, Mini-Mussel, the ITU Race and the Mussel Kids race video feeds, race reports and pictures.

date : June 29, 2006
The following instructions make it easy to record and upload your triathlon and race videos to your albums.
date : June 21, 2006
You won't find me here. You will find the pro's coming out of water.

date : June 21, 2006
This video will show you what you will have to look forward to at a wave start.