BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Open For Business Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 166

2015-08-12 9:42 AM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Open For Business
Originally posted by Qua17

OK - Day one on the Eat Like a Pig Plan...

Update - was hoping to eat 1,000 calories for breakfast (normally eat 450). Had 1/2 cup of oatmeal with milk and a cup of blueberries prior to my 3.5 mile run. Enjoyed a gel mid run. Came home and enjoyed a massive veggie omlette - 3 eggs, an onion, a green pepper, an oz of cheese, 1/3 of a cup of black beans and a 1/4 lentils a tbs of olive oil.. I could not eat any healthier.... 20 minutes later - I was ready to puke. I was so full I had to skip lunch!

But I still got my recovery run in and a hard swim where I went all out. I feel like I'm so close to breaking 7 hours that I am putting 100% into each workout. Still felt like I was going to puke.

Goal for tomorrow. 700 calories for breakfast - lets see if I can keep that down.

I've got an interview tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

DQ

Your breakfast sounds like what I eat. Steel cut oats with blueberries and usually a cup of coffee with stevia. Your stomach most likely shrunk since your changed your lifestyle. I guess you could try some more calorie dense foods? Trying to think what though...maybe nuts and avocado for snack? Best of luck with your interview!

2015-08-12 12:24 PM
in reply to: myarr

User image

Good luck on the interview, David!!!!!

Sandi
2015-08-12 12:25 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

, Vermont
Scott:
"I am switching my bike nutrition to solid food. I'm going to take PB sandwiches (1/2's) and cliff bars with a pack of cliff blox and a banana. Doing nuun and salt in my bottles. The sport drink was making me feel bloated and full but hungry. Doing 4hrs on bike with a 45 min run tomorrow. Calling for thunderstorms so it may be a trainer ride and wet run."

I did PB and honey sandwiches for my HIM/Aquabike. I made it, rolled it flat and cut it into manageable squares and put it in a snack baggie with the top open. I found on the longer distances I liked real food and shorter distances (Oly) I needed something that digested a bit quicker - gels, etc. The real food is key. I'm headed to pick up the food portables book today or tomorrow. I've been eyeballing it for a while and my PT and his wife use it as well and recommend it. Actually, there is another similar book (forgot the name) that has the same portables recipes in it and more recipes for endurance athletes. I'll check on the name.

Edited by aviatrix802 2015-08-12 12:26 PM
2015-08-12 12:35 PM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

, Vermont
Originally posted by drfoodlove

Hi All!! Race was good, bad, and ugly all in one! I posted a race report (http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=534870) for anyone who is interested. I beat my time from last year by 20 seconds, but didn,t beat my sister. I learned a solid lesson yesterday about hurrying ending up costing you more time in the end. I didn't put my bike gloves on in T1 to save time. Less than a block from T 1 I tried to put on my gloves while riding, something I pulled off easily in my last race, and lost control of my bike. I managed to stay wheels down, but ended up on the sidewalk, running into the curb (avoiding other racers and a parked car). Blew both tubes and I only had one spare tube. Fortunately, I was only a block from the bike check station and the bike guy saved my race. He changed both my tubes for me and got me back on yhe course in about 12 min (inc the walk back to T1). I rode like heck 18.9mph--a personal best, by far) and ran about 45 sec per mile faster than I'd planned for, but I had my watch set on swimming instead of multisport, so I couldn't pace.

Official time: 2:00:10 (24 sec faster than last year)
Watch/Moving time: 1:51:35 (sister was 1:47:xx and she had a BP run)

This is friggin' crazy!! Two blown tubes and you still beat your time?! Gretchen, you are da woman!! Your consistency this year has truly paid off!! Well done!!
2015-08-12 12:48 PM
in reply to: sandishr

User image

, Vermont
Originally posted by sandishr

Checking in everyone....congrats to all the other racers out there--Dave O,, Gretchen, & Jenn! Gretchen, I can't believe you were able to overcome two blown tires....awesome. :-)

I did my second race this weekend as well. Generally speaking it went fine....the only real disappointment being the swim. The swim itself went fine...I swam well, etc....unfortunately, I got in a VERY bad position in the pack and was just too surrounded by people to get out of it, even though I was a faster swimmer. I ended up rolling onto my back for about 30 seconds and letting them get out in front of me. NOT good *race* strategy at all. And I don't know WHAT it is about this race, but the first buoy both last year and this year was a boiling/roiling mess. People just struggling, paddling, gasping, etc., creating this ongoing moving obstacle to get past. This year though I just moved through it...last year I had a few moments of panic. But getting to that buoy was a freaking disaster. I'm not quite sure how to handle it in the future other than to be super aggressive about getting up front and making people pass ME....I just was not positioned there for this race unfortunately.

The rest of the race went well, I shaved a few minutes off my bike and had a good run. Transitions were good. My husband videotaped them both and in watching them I definitely saw areas I can shave time off, so that was unexpectedly super helpful for future race planning. I think that for any remaining races I have this year I'm probably not going to be doing any AG placements....sheesh, my class (45-49) is unbelievably competitive. Let's put it this way, the woman who placed first in my AG was also first woman overall...and did the thing in 1:04. #2 was second woman overall and it was something like 1:10. And so on.....those aren't times I can come anywhere near. I think at this point my remaining races are all classic sprints as opposed to super sprints, so I'm expecting the same competition & these times to be pretty consistent for all of us. With that said, I have some definite goals and things to work on and towards!

Pancake breakfast followed the race, along with a raffle (won $50 to a LBS). A couple of great beers a few hours later at a local brewery....of course. :-)

Sandi

Sandi, congrats on the race and winning a raffle!! That's cool! I know what you mean about getting caught up - that happened to me in my sprint in June. I thought I lined up behind some fast looking younger types....they just created a wall I couldn't get around; very frustrating. Yes, AG times actually seem to get faster as you get older!! I'm in the 45-49 year old age group too and the race I did this past weekend - they did another Oly earlier in the year and the top 3 finishers were all in that age group and they smoked along!! Crazy! We've got our work cut out for us! LOL
2015-08-12 12:49 PM
in reply to: adempsey10

User image

, Vermont
Originally posted by adempsey10

Originally posted by fifthcircle  Food. I'm loving all the recipes in "The Feed Zone Portables" cookbook. One of my favorite so far: Blueberry & Chocolate Coconut Rice Cakes!

That's on my whilst. I have the Feed zone cookbook. My favourite from that is the sweet potato tacos but I've replaced the ground meat with lentils. So delicious. 

Oooo, I think this is the one I mentioned a bit ago! The portables are supposed to be in this full cookbook.

2015-08-12 12:56 PM

User image

, Vermont

I got out for a run today just to get an idea of what to expect this weekend. For my second run this year (second since Ironman actually) it went pretty well. I did 4.4km with an average pace of 4:47min/km. The sprint is a long sprint, 750m swim, 33km bike, 7km run. My plan is to do what I can in the water, go a little slower than I would in a full TT on the bike (I'm hoping to push out 38-39kph) and then for the run I'll start out around 5:30min/km and ramp up to 4:30 by halfway point and push the last km out in 4:15ish. We'll see how it all shakes down on race but so far my best time for a sprint is 1:51 and that was a 750/30/7. Even with the slightly longer distance on the bike I think I can still beat that time. 

Dave Q: 4:47 min/km is about a 7:11 min/mile (thanks, Google). He wants to start at 8:31 min/mile and ramp to 6:55 min/mile and finish out in 6:41 min/mile.
Alan, that's smokin' fast.
2015-08-12 1:03 PM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

, Vermont
Originally posted by MOlsen

Congratulations to the racers!

I just did another race myself (race report) and despite swimming an extra lap and dropping my bike chain it was a good race. Later in the day I went for a beautiful bike ride through vineyards and ranches. Overall a great weekend.

Recently I switched pools, from a gym on the other side of town to the swim center close to my office. The difference in lunch time crowd is crazy, I used to think the gym's pool was crowded! From what I've heard the morning lap swim block is less crowded, I just need to get myself motivated to go swimming in the morning before work (didn't happen today).

Congrats on the race! Dude, (yes, I just said Dude), Dude, miscounted laps....not cool on her part. Glad it didn't get you down too much but I would be wishing for a Garmin to show the lead official after. I know it's picky, but I'm anal and can't help it. LOL. All in good fun. Kudos to you for giving shout-outs to the FNG! I gave lots of high-fives and shout-outs this past weekend - made my own race more fun!
2015-08-12 1:16 PM

User image

, Vermont

Originally posted by Qua17 OK - Day one on the Eat Like a Pig Plan... Update - was hoping to eat 1,000 calories for breakfast (normally eat 450). Had 1/2 cup of oatmeal with milk and a cup of blueberries prior to my 3.5 mile run. Enjoyed a gel mid run. Came home and enjoyed a massive veggie omlette - 3 eggs, an onion, a green pepper, an oz of cheese, 1/3 of a cup of black beans and a 1/4 lentils a tbs of olive oil.. I could not eat any healthier.... 20 minutes later - I was ready to puke. I was so full I had to skip lunch! But I still got my recovery run in and a hard swim where I went all out. I feel like I'm so close to breaking 7 hours that I am putting 100% into each workout. Still felt like I was going to puke. Goal for tomorrow. 700 calories for breakfast - lets see if I can keep that down. I've got an interview tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed. DQ

Rather than try to increase the amount of food per meal, try to eat more frequently throughout the day. 

^^^ That is exactly what I do. I physically can't eat much volume so I eat about 5 times a day. My smaller "meals" are things like almonds and craisins together.
I've gone to what I call groats in the morning with almond milk, walnuts, craisins, and honey or maple syrup. i think the one I have right now is by Old Wessex Ltd. it's just called "all-natural" 100% whole grain 5 grain cereal - with oats, rye, triticale, barely, and golden flax. My other breakfast is just a couple of fried eggs on toast. I like my protein in a big way and I've never been a fan of pb on toast (love pb, just not all melty from warm toast).
On race mornings I'll often go with Fage plain Greek yogurt with walnuts, craisins, and honey, then a banana an hour before the race and maybe a Gu about 15 minutes before the swim.
2015-08-12 2:42 PM
in reply to: aviatrix802

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Like I said, I can get down into 3500 calories EASY--but they ain't always the best fuel, if you know what I mean. I tend to be a "saver" over a "spender" when I'm working on nutrition (which should be all the time, but just isn't). Basically, I'll go all day and eat 700-1000 calories and then "need" to eat 2500 between 5pm and bedtime (~9pm) to meet my caloric intake goal for the day. It gets a little ridiculous and hard all at the same time. My wife certainly gets exasperated when I tell her I still need to get in 800 calories at 8pm, or whatever. I need to work on eating more often throughout the day. Any tips for me? I tend to get quite involved in work and forget to eat things throughout the day.

Today was a short run and my fourth swim lesson. I hit a 0:54 on a 50 today, which is fast for me. I keep plugging away at it and hopefully my times will be down for my Oly. At 275/400 for the year too with this last workout.

Just decided to go back to Egypt for the month of October, so I'm thinking about a New Year's HM, given that October will be a run focused month by necessity. I wonder if I can actually find one around here to do. Honestly, never really thought I'd take on the HM challenge, but now it seems like the natural progression.
2015-08-12 2:47 PM

User image

, Vermont
Okay, I finally got caught up, I think...! Got back from camping and camp on Monday night and needed yesterday to get the household in order.

Race on Sunday was fun - it was my second Oly, first this year. My chip time was 3:05:27.4. At first I was sad I didn't break 3 hours like last year and then realized that the bike on last year's course is a few miles shorter so I don't feel so bad. This swim was much tougher including 3 180 degree turns around buoys - navigating was a crank for me on the first leg out - think army swimming: left/right/left/right. LOL Didn't have that problem last year in the sprint at the same venue. I found someone to draft off of who seemed to sight well so for the next two long lengths I stuck with her bubbles.

T1 was decent at 1:27, bike went pretty well - not super fast, but then....I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. LOL Yes, I turned up a wrong road, recognized it fairly quickly and got turned back around. A couple of folks blew by me during this and I lost momentum, but that's the way it goes and it was my own fault.
I only used one GU on the 2 loop course - looking back I think I would have liked a GU on each loop. I did drink almost my entire Aerolite of water so I was so happy (I am not good at hydrating and this Aerolite has been a game changer for me!). It's an Oly so not much needed for food.
Coming into T2 my bike bounced over a raised rubber mat and fell away from - I caught it and yanked it back up but the pedal dug into my leg just above my right ankle bone.
T2 was 1:24.9 - not my fastest but not my worst either. A friend who had finished the sprint was there chatting with me. I need to get back under 1 minute on this one.

On the run I could feel the blood going down my ankle into my shoe. I never stopped to look at it but could just feel the stream.
My goal on this run was to test my knee so my plan was to run/walk the whole thing. I ran a mile, walked a minute much of the way. I did 4 walk breaks - 2 were 1 minute, 1 was 45 seconds, and the last was 30 seconds. I also walked for a few seconds through the water stops. Mentally it was one of the toughest things I've ever done - forcing myself to walk. Then I realized I was passing a ton of people! I wasn't tired and I didn't hurt! There is something to this! My average was 8:47 min/mile WITH walking so I was pretty happy with that! I ended up in 2nd for my AG - thus another pint glass!

My cut could have used a couple of stitches as it really pulled apart on the 10k. LOL Alas I was headed back to camp (and beer) so we cleaned it up with water as best we could and put a bandaid on it! LOL. It's a mess now and will leave a deep scar (though only about an inch long or so). I decided at some point maybe I'll get some kind of tri tattoo to either augment it or cover it. LOL

My race report is in the link below if you want more details. I'll see if I can dig up a decent picture somewhere.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/RaceLog/races-view-container.asp?...

(bike 2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
bike 2.jpg (1362KB - 4 downloads)

2015-08-12 2:58 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

, Vermont
Oh! I just remembered, my timing chip strap was coming undone and I had to take it off and re-do it in T2. Ha, forgot about that.
Here is a lovely picture of my ankle. This is after I got back to camp and really cleaned it up and put hydrogen peroxide on it so it doesn't look too bad. My ankle was a bit swollen but never turned black and blue. As I mentioned it's only about an inch to an inch and a half long but bled like a stuck pig.

Edited by aviatrix802 2015-08-12 2:59 PM

(cut on ankle 2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
cut on ankle 2.jpg (32KB - 3 downloads)
2015-08-12 3:01 PM

User image

Originally posted by aviatrix802 Oh! I just remembered, my timing chip strap was coming undone and I had to take it off and re-do it in T2. Ha, forgot about that. Here is a lovely picture of my ankle. This is after I got back to camp and really cleaned it up and put hydrogen peroxide on it so it doesn't look too bad. My ankle was a bit swollen but never turned black and blue. As I mentioned it's only about an inch to an inch and a half long but bled like a stuck pig.

That looks painful

2015-08-12 3:07 PM

User image

, Vermont

Like I said, I can get down into 3500 calories EASY--but they ain't always the best fuel, if you know what I mean. I tend to be a "saver" over a "spender" when I'm working on nutrition (which should be all the time, but just isn't). Basically, I'll go all day and eat 700-1000 calories and then "need" to eat 2500 between 5pm and bedtime (~9pm) to meet my caloric intake goal for the day. It gets a little ridiculous and hard all at the same time. My wife certainly gets exasperated when I tell her I still need to get in 800 calories at 8pm, or whatever. I need to work on eating more often throughout the day. Any tips for me? I tend to get quite involved in work and forget to eat things throughout the day.

Today was a short run and my fourth swim lesson. I hit a 0:54 on a 50 today, which is fast for me. I keep plugging away at it and hopefully my times will be down for my Oly. At 275/400 for the year too with this last workout.

Just decided to go back to Egypt for the month of October, so I'm thinking about a New Year's HM, given that October will be a run focused month by necessity. I wonder if I can actually find one around here to do. Honestly, never really thought I'd take on the HM challenge, but now it seems like the natural progression.

Gretchen, I don't know if setting an alarm on your watch or phone to go off periodically throughout the day would help to remind you to snack here and there? Have something handy nearby to grab - a nut/seed mix is always good and you've heard me mention Craisins a million times - the sweetness takes care of cravings. Also, maybe making your lunch the largest of your meals and dinner time more of a supper with a sandwich, salad, soup type of thing? Include a little piece of dark chocolate in there so the naughty side is satiated (I eat just a bit almost every day and I'm not a huge chocolate eater but it staves off any desire to eat empty calories...usually...). My mother-in-law made a fantastic potato dish the other day that included feta and i found it to be tasty cold. I could eat the little potatoes right out of the bowl - they would baggie up beautifully for a snack. (I need to get that recipe).

Great thinking on the HM - that goal will keep you focused going through the fall season! (traditionally my hardest time of year to keep plugging away!)
2015-08-12 3:08 PM

User image

, Vermont

Originally posted by aviatrix802 Oh! I just remembered, my timing chip strap was coming undone and I had to take it off and re-do it in T2. Ha, forgot about that. Here is a lovely picture of my ankle. This is after I got back to camp and really cleaned it up and put hydrogen peroxide on it so it doesn't look too bad. My ankle was a bit swollen but never turned black and blue. As I mentioned it's only about an inch to an inch and a half long but bled like a stuck pig.

That looks painful

It was not comfortable. Amazing what adrenaline can get you through...
2015-08-12 3:34 PM

User image

Originally posted by aviatrix802
Sandi, congrats on the race and winning a raffle!! That's cool! I know what you mean about getting caught up - that happened to me in my sprint in June. I thought I lined up behind some fast looking younger types....they just created a wall I couldn't get around; very frustrating. Yes, AG times actually seem to get faster as you get older!! I'm in the 45-49 year old age group too and the race I did this past weekend - they did another Oly earlier in the year and the top 3 finishers were all in that age group and they smoked along!! Crazy! We've got our work cut out for us! LOL

LOL, actually these chicks are so fast it takes the pressure off to place. Honestly, I don't think there is any level of training I could do to get there. #1 did a 7 minute swim, 38 minute ride, and 21 minute 5K. And each transition was under 45 seconds.

My swim this year sucked at 9:45 (last year I did it in 8:56), but I know where the problem there was. If I were able to overcome it, I think an 8 minute swim is doable. 7...I seriously doubt it.

The bike just stuns me. By comparison I did a 54 minute ride. I KNOW that's my weaker area, but I was still averaging 16 mph. I can't imagine shaving off 16 minutes. I'll be thrilled with six or seven.

And I was happy with my 29 minute 5K since I've done so few bricks (one) this year and my last race was at close to 31 minutes which wasn't good for me at all. I think I can get to 26-27 minutes with some work. 22....no way.

#2 and #3 were somewhat slower, but still in an unattainable range, I suspect.

I came in 7/16, so it's not like it was anything to sneeze at. I know I could definitely get to the #5 spot in the AG, but even #4 would probably require working out as a full time job. :-)

But that's ok, prizes were coffee mugs. A beer mug...now that might have spurred me on. :-) Lucky you--congrats on a great race!

Sandi

2015-08-12 3:36 PM

User image

Jenn, I did the exact same thing last year only somehow on the top of my foot! I still have a scar.

Sandi
2015-08-12 3:57 PM

User image

, Vermont

Jenn, I did the exact same thing last year only somehow on the top of my foot! I still have a scar.

Sandi

So we need to link up sometime and discuss battle scars and drink beer and cheer on those fast old biddies....wait a tick, that means we're old biddies! Ack!!
2015-08-12 4:02 PM

User image

, Vermont

LOL, actually these chicks are so fast it takes the pressure off to place. Honestly, I don't think there is any level of training I could do to get there. #1 did a 7 minute swim, 38 minute ride, and 21 minute 5K. And each transition was under 45 seconds.

My swim this year sucked at 9:45 (last year I did it in 8:56), but I know where the problem there was. If I were able to overcome it, I think an 8 minute swim is doable. 7...I seriously doubt it.

The bike just stuns me. By comparison I did a 54 minute ride. I KNOW that's my weaker area, but I was still averaging 16 mph. I can't imagine shaving off 16 minutes. I'll be thrilled with six or seven.

And I was happy with my 29 minute 5K since I've done so few bricks (one) this year and my last race was at close to 31 minutes which wasn't good for me at all. I think I can get to 26-27 minutes with some work. 22....no way.

#2 and #3 were somewhat slower, but still in an unattainable range, I suspect.

I came in 7/16, so it's not like it was anything to sneeze at. I know I could definitely get to the #5 spot in the AG, but even #4 would probably require working out as a full time job. :-)

But that's ok, prizes were coffee mugs. A beer mug...now that might have spurred me on. :-) Lucky you--congrats on a great race!

Sandi

I try to remember that for some of these women, this is all they do - this is their main focus. They may not have small kids, work full time, etc. Then again they may and are just friggin' fast and/or have been doing this for a while. I talked with a woman the other day who has been racing for something like 18 years!!! I'm on year 2..... LOL Make them sight impaired to level the playing field for you. I think you're amazing and I don't know if I could do what you've done. You are a total inspiration. Cheers! I may pop a cold one tonight and raise a glass to what you've done!
2015-08-12 4:31 PM

User image

, Vermont
A happy finish was my goal - no pain! I just finished telling the crowd to start cheering for the Oly finishers (Sprint finishers were pretty much done so things were already winding down.) I hate running by silent crowds so I start cheering and clapping my hands telling them we're still here! LOL

(finishing 3 - Copy.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
finishing 3 - Copy.jpg (24KB - 3 downloads)
2015-08-12 6:10 PM

User image

Expert

Good luck at your interview Dave!!!

Thanks! The interview went well - now the waiting game begins.

2015-08-13 5:35 AM
in reply to: fifthcircle

User image

New user
Madrid
Thanks for the advice on PB&honey (different versions...) and the Feed Zone Portables book, will get it as I enjoy real food more and more on the bike.

I am always impressed on how much do you -as a group- know about food: in general, in Europe -or may be Spain- most athletes do not put so much time into nutrition. Now, because of the huge industry of gels/bars and the money behind, everyone is "pushed" to eat these. Regular food is what most would have, a bit larger breakfast for long rides or races, but not big changes from regular diet. And I think triathletes are specially "food geeks"!

Juan
2015-08-13 9:53 AM

User image

Expert

I got out for a run today just to get an idea of what to expect this weekend. For my second run this year (second since Ironman actually) it went pretty well. I did 4.4km with an average pace of 4:47min/km. The sprint is a long sprint, 750m swim, 33km bike, 7km run. My plan is to do what I can in the water, go a little slower than I would in a full TT on the bike (I'm hoping to push out 38-39kph) and then for the run I'll start out around 5:30min/km and ramp up to 4:30 by halfway point and push the last km out in 4:15ish. We'll see how it all shakes down on race but so far my best time for a sprint is 1:51 and that was a 750/30/7. Even with the slightly longer distance on the bike I think I can still beat that time. 

Dave Q: 4:47 min/km is about a 7:11 min/mile (thanks, Google). He wants to start at 8:31 min/mile and ramp to 6:55 min/mile and finish out in 6:41 min/mile.
Alan, that's smokin' fast.

Having been lapped by Alan at IMMT (I'm on my first lap of the run and I hear Go, Dave GO! from a guy who has just passed me. Who the hell is that? My god, that must be Alan - damn he's fast) I knew he would be booking it. Amazes me that he can do this on only his third run of the season. Just goes to show that he needs to drink more beer cause clearly he's not drinking anough
2015-08-13 9:57 AM

User image

Expert

Scott:
"I am switching my bike nutrition to solid food. I'm going to take PB sandwiches (1/2's) and cliff bars with a pack of cliff blox and a banana. Doing nuun and salt in my bottles. The sport drink was making me feel bloated and full but hungry. Doing 4hrs on bike with a 45 min run tomorrow. Calling for thunderstorms so it may be a trainer ride and wet run."

I did PB and honey sandwiches for my HIM/Aquabike. I made it, rolled it flat and cut it into manageable squares and put it in a snack baggie with the top open. I found on the longer distances I liked real food and shorter distances (Oly) I needed something that digested a bit quicker - gels, etc. The real food is key. I'm headed to pick up the food portables book today or tomorrow. I've been eyeballing it for a while and my PT and his wife use it as well and recommend it. Actually, there is another similar book (forgot the name) that has the same portables recipes in it and more recipes for endurance athletes. I'll check on the name.

I really like the idea of taking more solid food on the bike. My body can handle the gus but I'm just not a huge fan of the taste. I'm gonna start taking PBH's with me. When people find something they really like - please be sure to post it to the forum so we can all steal it.

Just so you know the Builder's Chocolate Mint by Cliff is my absolute favorite bar. It's like eating a girl scout cookie.
2015-08-13 10:03 AM

User image

Expert
Jenn - You are a beast!

My favorite part of your report "On the run I could feel the blood going down my ankle into my shoe. I never stopped to look at it but could just feel the stream."

So glad to hear that you were able to do so well (how does Heady taste in that pint glass) and more importantly that your knee didn't hurt! Looks like a HIM for you! Which one are you gonna do?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Open For Business Rss Feed  

of 166

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 54825 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.