BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Open For Business Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 166

2015-08-13 10:11 AM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Open For Business
I sat down with my cup of ice coffee thinking I'd quickly catch up on the forum and now I'm on my second cup! God, I'd glad to see everyone posting about all the amazing things they are doing.

Quick update on me... Billy Baroo is still in the shop with a bust rear rerailer and 3 broken spokes. They think they might get it back to me by Friday. So I did my bike workout yesterday at the gym. I am so motivated to break a 7 hour HIM time that I came close to puking yesterday during an interval set. I'm just hoping it pays off.

Yesterday's eating went a little better although I was still 1000 calories from my goal. I tried to eat more during the course of the day but I'm finding that eating healthy = not a ton of calories. Sure I could break open a package of double stuff and make it happen but I need to find more calorie rich foods. I'm gonna buy a bunch of nuts at the store. I can't do avacados. Anyone else have any ideas?

I'm feeling a little tired today. My kids let me sleep 'til 9:30 so clearly my body needed nearly 12 hours of sleep. I need to ramp up and get in a swim and a run. If I do - I'm gonna reward myself by drinking some beers with friends. We're making a Cherry Pie beer made with actually cherry pie and a gallon of cherry puree...

Interview went well. Should know by next week. Thanks for the support everyone!

2015-08-13 11:29 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Listen to your body. 12 hours of sleep is pretty indicative of needing a rest!!

I think your calories will go up substantially when you add nuts to the equations. Almonds and Cashews are a couple of my favorites.

You and your damn fruit beers.... :-). (Although I don't mind my wife's Grapefruit radler)

Originally posted by Qua17 I sat down with my cup of ice coffee thinking I'd quickly catch up on the forum and now I'm on my second cup! God, I'd glad to see everyone posting about all the amazing things they are doing. Quick update on me... Billy Baroo is still in the shop with a bust rear rerailer and 3 broken spokes. They think they might get it back to me by Friday. So I did my bike workout yesterday at the gym. I am so motivated to break a 7 hour HIM time that I came close to puking yesterday during an interval set. I'm just hoping it pays off. Yesterday's eating went a little better although I was still 1000 calories from my goal. I tried to eat more during the course of the day but I'm finding that eating healthy = not a ton of calories. Sure I could break open a package of double stuff and make it happen but I need to find more calorie rich foods. I'm gonna buy a bunch of nuts at the store. I can't do avacados. Anyone else have any ideas? I'm feeling a little tired today. My kids let me sleep 'til 9:30 so clearly my body needed nearly 12 hours of sleep. I need to ramp up and get in a swim and a run. If I do - I'm gonna reward myself by drinking some beers with friends. We're making a Cherry Pie beer made with actually cherry pie and a gallon of cherry puree... Interview went well. Should know by next week. Thanks for the support everyone!

Edited by thor67 2015-08-13 11:33 AM
2015-08-13 4:55 PM
in reply to: #5075170

User image

, Vermont
Pickles or pickle juice are other good options for long bikes or events - HIM, IM, for the sodium. Cut up in chunks and put in a snack baggie.
2015-08-13 10:42 PM

User image

had to cut my run short today because we had a mission at work still managed to get in an hour. then found out our suspect was likely to run so I was hoping I could chase him for the remaining 30 min. I figured I could give him words of encouragement like "keep going man I got 25 min left", and don't quit on me you might still get away, but no such luck he just gave up.

Got in my swim before I left so that was done. Long ride tomorrow then my daughters birthday on sat. trying to figure out how I am going to get in a 2 hr run and 1:30 bike before her pool party. its ok to drink a beer at a 7 y.o. birthday right?

Sounds like everyone is doing well other than a few bumps and bruises and a busted bike.

Robbie there is a clear water sprint on nov 8th put on by the rock n roll marathon people. plenty of time to get ready.

http://trirock.competitor.com/clearwater/

Edited by b2b14 2015-08-13 10:53 PM
2015-08-14 7:39 AM
in reply to: b2b14

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Apparently there are not many criminals who are runners... :-)

Yes it is okay to drink beer at a 7 yr olds birthday party as long as there are other adults present!

Originally posted by b2b14 had to cut my run short today because we had a mission at work still managed to get in an hour. then found out our suspect was likely to run so I was hoping I could chase him for the remaining 30 min. I figured I could give him words of encouragement like "keep going man I got 25 min left", and don't quit on me you might still get away, but no such luck he just gave up. Got in my swim before I left so that was done. Long ride tomorrow then my daughters birthday on sat. trying to figure out how I am going to get in a 2 hr run and 1:30 bike before her pool party. its ok to drink a beer at a 7 y.o. birthday right? Sounds like everyone is doing well other than a few bumps and bruises and a busted bike. Robbie there is a clear water sprint on nov 8th put on by the rock n roll marathon people. plenty of time to get ready. http://trirock.competitor.com/clearwater/

2015-08-14 9:16 AM

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Run for me this morning, later than usual because I forgot to set my alarm. Ugh...only one more week before classes start, so I need to get over that, and fast! My wetsuit arrived yesterday. I spent 27 minutes getting it on and was sweating by the end. I think it fits the way it is supposed to (second skin), but dang that was one tough effort! After I got it off I was super shaky and sick to my stomach--almost like a bonk. It was really weird. Going to try to get in an OWS sometime in the next few days to try it out in the water.

My folks and sister are coming down for a visit today and then we're off to the in-laws on Monday for a few days. The one saving grace there is that my wife agreed that I should take my gear and hit my workouts!! Bonus time away from MIL (I think the movie monster in law was based on her life!).

2015-08-14 9:42 AM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

It is supposed to fit tight...

A couple of things that will help you get it on:

1)put plastic grocery/garbage bags over your hands/feet when putting on.

2)on the arms and legs pull it inside out and fold in about 6". Slide your arm/leg in and push out. This way you are not stretching the arm trying to get your wrist/forearm into sleeve.

3)once on flood your suit and readjust to make sure it is snugged up below the waist.

It does take some getting used to that is for sure.

Another reason for doing triathlons--Training is the great equalizer for family functions that you do not want to go to!!

Originally posted by drfoodlove Run for me this morning, later than usual because I forgot to set my alarm. Ugh...only one more week before classes start, so I need to get over that, and fast! My wetsuit arrived yesterday. I spent 27 minutes getting it on and was sweating by the end. I think it fits the way it is supposed to (second skin), but dang that was one tough effort! After I got it off I was super shaky and sick to my stomach--almost like a bonk. It was really weird. Going to try to get in an OWS sometime in the next few days to try it out in the water. My folks and sister are coming down for a visit today and then we're off to the in-laws on Monday for a few days. The one saving grace there is that my wife agreed that I should take my gear and hit my workouts!! Bonus time away from MIL (I think the movie monster in law was based on her life!).

2015-08-14 11:46 AM

User image

Expert
Post of the year material right here. Still laughing my butt off!

Originally posted by b2b14

had to cut my run short today because we had a mission at work still managed to get in an hour. then found out our suspect was likely to run so I was hoping I could chase him for the remaining 30 min. I figured I could give him words of encouragement like "keep going man I got 25 min left", and don't quit on me you might still get away, but no such luck he just gave up.

2015-08-14 11:51 AM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by drfoodlove

Run for me this morning, later than usual because I forgot to set my alarm. Ugh...only one more week before classes start, so I need to get over that, and fast! My wetsuit arrived yesterday. I spent 27 minutes getting it on and was sweating by the end. I think it fits the way it is supposed to (second skin), but dang that was one tough effort! After I got it off I was super shaky and sick to my stomach--almost like a bonk. It was really weird. Going to try to get in an OWS sometime in the next few days to try it out in the water.

My folks and sister are coming down for a visit today and then we're off to the in-laws on Monday for a few days. The one saving grace there is that my wife agreed that I should take my gear and hit my workouts!! Bonus time away from MIL (I think the movie monster in law was based on her life!).

Gretchen - I always try to work it so that my heavy weeks fall at the same time as my visit to the in laws. I figure we both win - she doesn't have to spend time with me and I get to sweat all over her furniture!

My one suggestion about the new tri suit - practice practice practice. I don't spend nearly enough time practicing taking it off. In a perfect work - it should become second nature. The more you put it on the easier it will be for you to take it off. Why bust your butt on the bike when you can make up a minute of time just by being smooth when it comes to the wetsuit.

I'm gonna start practicing myself - I just hope I can fit in mine!
2015-08-14 2:26 PM

User image

My wetsuit arrived yesterday. I spent 27 minutes getting it on and was sweating by the end. I think it fits the way it is supposed to (second skin), but dang that was one tough effort! After I got it off I was super shaky and sick to my stomach--almost like a bonk. It was really weird. Going to try to get in an OWS sometime in the next few days to try it out in the water.

That sounds familiar...particularly when it's warm out...I can get sort of sick feeling when I'm putting on the wetsuit. Once you get in the water, make sure you let water into it a bit...part of it is that you just get hot and overheated. It also takes quite a while to accustom yourself to it, swimming in it, how it feels, etc....that constricted feeling, is initially sort of overwhelming I think. I know it was for me both when I first got the wetsuit, but also the first time I wore it this year. You VERY quickly adapt to it and swimming is so much easier in it, but my advice is that if you're struggling a bit, DON'T get out of the water. It doesn't matter if you swim....float a lot (and floating is seriously fun in a wetsuit), just get used to wearing it. Once the newness wears off, it gets easy.

Try to pick up some tri-slide or tri-glide. It makes a HUGE difference in being able to slide on and off the wetsuit and really doesn't feel greasy at all.

Sandi
2015-08-14 2:29 PM
in reply to: aviatrix802

User image

Awesome pic, Jenn!

2015-08-14 5:31 PM

User image

got in my 4:30 on bike and 15 brick. Cut it short because my father in law is in town and I have been on nights so i figured I should spend a little time being social since I have successfully avoided him for 3 days now while he stays at my house. When my wife brought him home from the airport I was pulling out for work (win), then had to leave right when i woke up yesterday for my swim then work (ok I may have lain in bed for an hour with the door closed pretending I was asleep). Tomorrow have to get up at 5 to get my run and bike in. Then I am signing up for the officer down memorial ride. We ride from Raleigh to DC. Have to raise money which is donated to family's of fallen officers.

Edited by b2b14 2015-08-14 5:32 PM
2015-08-15 7:15 PM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by b2b14

got in my 4:30 on bike and 15 brick. Cut it short because my father in law is in town and I have been on nights so i figured I should spend a little time being social since I have successfully avoided him for 3 days now while he stays at my house. When my wife brought him home from the airport I was pulling out for work (win), then had to leave right when i woke up yesterday for my swim then work (ok I may have lain in bed for an hour with the door closed pretending I was asleep). Tomorrow have to get up at 5 to get my run and bike in. Then I am signing up for the officer down memorial ride. We ride from Raleigh to DC. Have to raise money which is donated to family's of fallen officers.

Ahh - avoiding the in-laws... Glad to know I'm not the only one!

As for a donation - I'm in. If I get a job - it will be more. Keep your fingers crossed! Good luck with the run!
2015-08-15 7:23 PM

User image

Expert
I left nothing in the tank during my last long run before my HIM.... I wanted to push myself hard to gain a psychological edge and make up for the fact that I've only done 1 run longer than 8 miles. So today, I hit the CC path near my house and ran 10 miles. I made it my goal to see if I could keep my pace under 13 minutes per mile (which is my goal for the race) but during the run I gained more than 1400 feet of elevation (which is 1300 more than I will during the race). With 1/2 a mile to go, I was 45 seconds behind the 13 minute pace. So I went all out for the next 3/4 mile and finished with a pace of 12:57. Boom. On to the race! But tonight - I am one tired pup! Celebrating with a Cascade cranberry (a fantastic sour). Earned it I have

Hope everyone is enjoying a good weekend.

Dropped 1.5 pounds this week. First weight loss in a while.

2015-08-15 9:33 PM

User image

, Vermont
Yea, Dave! Congrats on the run and the weight loss!!!
Still praying for good news from your interview this past week!
2015-08-15 10:08 PM
in reply to: aviatrix802

User image

Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Run/Workout I pulled out a PR for my own 5K today. 8.32 Min/Mile for a 26.30 time. It might not have given me first, but I was happy with the results. My guests and I then moved onto the beer tasting portion of the day. It was a busy evening:

Beer
Here is a list of the beers I at least had enough of a taste of to put into UnTappd:
Arcadia Whitsun Ale
Speakeasy Baby Daddy
Uinta Baba Black Lager
Speakeasy Big Daddy IPA
Arcadia Thunder Trail
Sly Fox Pikeland Pils
Sly Fox Route 113
Speakeasy Metropolis
Fegely's Steelgaarden Wit
Sly Fox Phoenix Pale Ale
Yards Philadelphia Pale
I think there was more but things are fuzzy at the moment.

Bonus plan: When you host the 5K they leave alot of cool beer at your place when they leave.

I'm going to bed now...

-Dave

2015-08-16 8:02 AM
in reply to: Snewo

User image

hahaha dave O

Dave Q- You will be great for your HIM putting in the elevation training will help for race day.

Keged my Double IPA at 11am before the pool party and cranked up my CO2 to 40 hoping it would force carbonate before dinner at my house with the whole family. It worked. Had fresh homemade beer for everyone, maybe a little too carbonated.

Back to training next week after a slack week with the FIL and birthday party. I have decided to sign up for Half marathons for my long Saturday runs. At least I will not have to figure out water, gels ect... I think I am going to end up doing 3 or 4 before my Ironman but seems like a decent plan.
2015-08-16 11:56 AM

User image

Expert
I am not a happy camper... I had my first serious wreck today while doing my last major interval workout before the HIM.... There was a pile of leaves and assorted junk in the road. I swerved to avoid it but felt the presence of the car behind me. When I swerved back towards the side of the road, I lost control of the bike. I managed to avoid the car (miracle) and the parking meter but slammed into the curb at about 15 miles an hour.

Bent my rim so I'll need a new front tire. Also bent my left handle bar but the real crusher is a cracked top tube. So it looks like I either need a new bike (Trek is going to make me an offer to replace the frame to keep me in a Trek). Ugh... I'm basically ok - but I have a serious case of road rash on my arm, shoulder and knee. It's still bleeding a bit - but . I put a hole in my ironman bike shirt and favorite pair of bike shorts.

For the record - I considered going to the gym to finish the intervals - I got 3.5 out of 5 done - but I'm really hurting. So, I'm gonna stay on the couch and watch nascar. After taking a shower which is gonna hurt like a mother.

In the it's a small world category - I biked through John's race today! I wish I'd come and cheered you on!
2015-08-16 12:00 PM
in reply to: Snewo

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Snewo

Run/Workout I pulled out a PR for my own 5K today. 8.32 Min/Mile for a 26.30 time. It might not have given me first, but I was happy with the results. My guests and I then moved onto the beer tasting portion of the day. It was a busy evening:

Beer
Here is a list of the beers I at least had enough of a taste of to put into UnTappd:
Arcadia Whitsun Ale
Speakeasy Baby Daddy
Uinta Baba Black Lager
Speakeasy Big Daddy IPA
Arcadia Thunder Trail
Sly Fox Pikeland Pils
Sly Fox Route 113
Speakeasy Metropolis
Fegely's Steelgaarden Wit
Sly Fox Phoenix Pale Ale
Yards Philadelphia Pale
I think there was more but things are fuzzy at the moment.

Bonus plan: When you host the 5K they leave alot of cool beer at your place when they leave.

I'm going to bed now...

-Dave

Congrats on the free beer and the PR. That's such a genius idea to host your own beer race!
2015-08-16 2:31 PM
in reply to: #5135148

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Dave Q--that just sucks! I'm glad to hear you are basically okay though.

Dave O--that is one mighty impressive beer list! I may have steal that idea!

Today is supposed to be my rest day, but a rest day at the end of recovery week was just too much for my wife. At noon she sent me away with instructions to "just do something so you're not so annoying". Haha--really felt the love in that one! Anyway, I decided to try out my new wetsuit in the water. It only took me three minutes to get on this time, thanks to all of the group's tips for getting it on. I put it on at home and then drove to the lake (less than five miles). I wasn't sure about the facilities at the lake and didn't want to make a spectacle of myself in front of non-triathlete strangers. The lake has a swimming beach with a dedicated swim lane, which was nice, but too short. No one there knew how long it was, but I estimate about 30 swimmable yards (garmin wouldn’t hold a signal). I wasn't in it for distance anyway, I just wanted to get used to the wetsuit. I floated for a while making adjustments to the suit, then swam a few laps, floated a little more, etc. Ended up spending 30 min swimming and floating around before I realized I was really hungry and needed to go home for lunch. All and all, a successful first wetsuit swim with no panics and a good fit on my suit. It helps so much it really is pretty much like cheating!
2015-08-16 5:02 PM

User image

Quakertown, Pennsylvania

Dave O--that is one mighty impressive beer list! I may have steal that idea!

Steal away, here are some fun light hearted touches we added in since this is not just a group of running friends, some are not usually runners so we need to make it fun for all:

- The starting pistol is someone cracking open a beer
- The song selections are very appropriate: Another One Bites the Dust, Running with the Devil, Don't Fear the Reaper, Running on empty, Chariots of Fire theme.
- People were encouraged to make their own Bibs in the past. We've had some good ones: infinity, 1970, Google, 1/2, 36DD, Pi
- I made shirts for the event on Cafepress. I used the skills I learned to help do the BDAS shirts. I was the only one that bought one though. ;-)
- We gave the kids water pistols and put them midway in the course to freely squirt the contestants as they ran by - feels great since my run is in August. (Fill them with ice water)
- We do have a water station during the run.
- Dieing is strictly prohibited.
- Entry fee for the race is a potluck dish for later
- Walking is allowed, but so is heckling of the walkers
- All families that show must have at least 1 person doing the course.
- Medical waivers (new this year) can be granted allowing entry without a runner from your family. Stuff happens.
- Bringing unique beers for everyone to try is strongly encouraged for the later beer tasting portion.
- Performance enhancing drugs are allowed
- Performance degrading drugs are also allowed
- We have used yellow crime scene "Do Not Cross" tape at the finish line.
- Kids are encouraged to write things in chalk on the driveway to motivate the runners.

Things we considered but have yet to implement:
- Chugging a beer beforehand takes a minute off of your time. There are usually 2-3 hashers present so we think it might give them an unfair advantage. For those not familiar with hashing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers

After all of the above it just becomes a big party.

2015-08-16 8:10 PM

User image

Originally posted by Qua17 I am not a happy camper... I had my first serious wreck today while doing my last major interval workout before the HIM.... There was a pile of leaves and assorted junk in the road. I swerved to avoid it but felt the presence of the car behind me. When I swerved back towards the side of the road, I lost control of the bike. I managed to avoid the car (miracle) and the parking meter but slammed into the curb at about 15 miles an hour. Bent my rim so I'll need a new front tire. Also bent my left handle bar but the real crusher is a cracked top tube. So it looks like I either need a new bike (Trek is going to make me an offer to replace the frame to keep me in a Trek). Ugh... I'm basically ok - but I have a serious case of road rash on my arm, shoulder and knee. It's still bleeding a bit - but . I put a hole in my ironman bike shirt and favorite pair of bike shorts. For the record - I considered going to the gym to finish the intervals - I got 3.5 out of 5 done - but I'm really hurting. So, I'm gonna stay on the couch and watch nascar. After taking a shower which is gonna hurt like a mother. In the it's a small world category - I biked through John's race today! I wish I'd come and cheered you on!

You forgot to mention that you hit your fastest speed ever on the bike. Your bike might be not be in good shape but you certainly are. :p

2015-08-16 8:48 PM

User image

I did my impromptu triathlon today. I finished 5th in my age group but it was tough as hell. The swim was my weakest point. I did 750m in just over 18 minutes. That's my slowest swim time ever for a triathlon. I expected to do well on the bike and I did. 35.5kph average speed on a hilly course. I started the bike in 225th place and finished it in 59th place overall. The run was tough. I had a hard time getting the legs to do what I wanted them to for the few kms. My overall average pace was 5:15min/km. The first 4km were a little slower. I was moving anywhere between 6:00min/km and 5:20min/km. I was able to ramp up to 4:51min/km over the last 3km and pushed it up to 4:05min/km over the last km. 

It was fun but I'm exhausted right now. And theres not rest in sight. I have two big weeks of training before I taper for criterium provincials on labour day weekend. I'm definitely going to do another tri or two next year and actually train for them. I want to see how well I can do when I'm actually strong in the run (I've never really trained for the run leg before, even for Ironman, I hardly did much running). 

There are two things I noticed that I'd like to share that might help everyone out in their own quest to get faster:

Learn how to corner on your bike - this is something many triathletes neglect. Slowing down too much in a corner wastes time and also burns unnecessary energy getting back up to speed. Today's course had several 90 degree turns. I was able to pass 4-5 people in every turn just by knowing how to corner effectively and I came out of the corners with more speed which meant I didn't have to work as hard to get back up to speed. As a crit racer (crits have lots of sharp turns) I can tell you that none of us will ever be going fast enough in a triathlon to need to touch the brakes at all going into a 90degree turn (unless it's at the bottom of a massive downhill section). I've gone through 90degree turns at 55kph (34mph) in races without ever pulling the brakes. I know that probably sounds crazy, but I guarantee that with some practice you'll be able to make it through any corner without braking (you will have to come off of the aero bars though). 

Don't spend more money than you need to for performance improvements. That means if you don't own an aero helmet or aero wheels, you're wasting money buying an aero bike. This guy was parked beside me in the transition area. This bike is worth about $5000 and it probably saved him 15 seconds. He could have spent $300 on an aero helmet and saved himself a minute. 

Edited by adempsey10 2015-08-16 8:52 PM

(11866414_10153062685802113_1233905944808446077_n.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
11866414_10153062685802113_1233905944808446077_n.jpg (198KB - 3 downloads)
2015-08-17 10:42 AM
in reply to: adempsey10

User image

Expert
Originally posted by adempsey10

I did my impromptu triathlon today. I finished 5th in my age group but it was tough as hell. The swim was my weakest point. I did 750m in just over 18 minutes. That's my slowest swim time ever for a triathlon. I expected to do well on the bike and I did. 35.5kph average speed on a hilly course. I started the bike in 225th place and finished it in 59th place overall. The run was tough. I had a hard time getting the legs to do what I wanted them to for the few kms. My overall average pace was 5:15min/km. The first 4km were a little slower. I was moving anywhere between 6:00min/km and 5:20min/km. I was able to ramp up to 4:51min/km over the last 3km and pushed it up to 4:05min/km over the last km. 

It was fun but I'm exhausted right now. And theres not rest in sight. I have two big weeks of training before I taper for criterium provincials on labour day weekend. I'm definitely going to do another tri or two next year and actually train for them. I want to see how well I can do when I'm actually strong in the run (I've never really trained for the run leg before, even for Ironman, I hardly did much running). 

There are two things I noticed that I'd like to share that might help everyone out in their own quest to get faster:

Learn how to corner on your bike - this is something many triathletes neglect. Slowing down too much in a corner wastes time and also burns unnecessary energy getting back up to speed. Today's course had several 90 degree turns. I was able to pass 4-5 people in every turn just by knowing how to corner effectively and I came out of the corners with more speed which meant I didn't have to work as hard to get back up to speed. As a crit racer (crits have lots of sharp turns) I can tell you that none of us will ever be going fast enough in a triathlon to need to touch the brakes at all going into a 90degree turn (unless it's at the bottom of a massive downhill section). I've gone through 90degree turns at 55kph (34mph) in races without ever pulling the brakes. I know that probably sounds crazy, but I guarantee that with some practice you'll be able to make it through any corner without braking (you will have to come off of the aero bars though). 

Don't spend more money than you need to for performance improvements. That means if you don't own an aero helmet or aero wheels, you're wasting money buying an aero bike. This guy was parked beside me in the transition area. This bike is worth about $5000 and it probably saved him 15 seconds. He could have spent $300 on an aero helmet and saved himself a minute. 

Alan - Doing so well proves that triathlon is just as much about mental toughness as it is about getting your body strong! Great points about cornering - I agree and would add that passing people when corning can have a huge psychological boost. It's a lot like Nascar - figuring out the apex and then riding hard into the turns makes it so much easier to pass. Not only does it give you a boost but it puts the seed of doubt in your competitor!

So glad you're a member of the group - so much good info to add! Good luck in your training and let me know if you need some help with coaching
2015-08-17 10:50 AM

User image

Expert
Woke up this morning feeling sore but in less pain. My wife is having fun playing nurse - now if I could just get her into a nursing outfit - then I'd be in fat city! I posted some pics to face book if you want to check them out. I also checked out my helmet - a huge crack in the padding means I took a shot to the head, which I had blanked on. Thank God for helmets.

Still waiting to hear back from the bike shop about my bike. I would say the chances of riding it in the race are just about Nil - but I'm hoping that Trek makes me an offer I just can refuse. If they do - I'll buy a new bike (with money I don't have). If they don't - I'll be forced to rent a bike which will suck because at $100 bucks a day I won't be able to practice with it more than once or twice. I'm still focused on reaching my goal of 7 hours and overcoming this obstacle will just add to the pride that I'll feel when doing so.

In other news - my PT did IMMT yesterday. His goal was to break 10 hours. He finished in 9:59:30. The guy is a machine.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Open For Business Rss Feed  

of 166

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 54730 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.