BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 100

2015-02-16 1:09 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Subject: RE: Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Originally posted by jobaxas sheepish hello from me. Just saw that poor Yanti is down with chikungunya - a mosquito bourne disease. Fever and joint pain, really not pleasant from what i read. She was supposed to fly to Australia tomorrow but not likely to be able to travel until mid march. Sending love, melon presses, shoulder licks and nibbles.

uncomfortably warm {MELON PRESS} and sad SLURP ...

There is one positive. It makes you so depressed you want to off yourself, but I don't have enough energy to either do it or even care, really.

Incredibly bad humour is always welcome.

The fever and headache (unfortunately the joint pain is omnipresent ... this is the disease I got the lasting arthritis from, and it's REALLY bad right now) do spike but then also recede sometimes for as long as a couple hours so I do get some reprieve.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chikungunya

They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

DAMN WOMAN YOU are the strongest person I know!

kick that thing's a$$!

2015-02-16 1:44 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Wow - great races, racers!

Yanti, heal up (again again) soon.  We were just talking about making a Chikungunya diagnostic product last week - wish it could have helped you (or that it was a therapeutic product for you!).

Janyne, I just re-read the DCR post (did I ever mention to the pod that we stayed in the apartment under his in Paris last April when we went with the family? He and TG were heading to Boston for the Marathon, as we left Boston for Paris somewhat ironically, but we overlapped by a couple days - SOOPER nice, by the way) found here DCR 920 Review.  Turns out that you can get cadence through either the HRM or the watch, but VO and GCT only from the HRM.

OK, back to the salt mines!

Matt

2015-02-16 3:28 PM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Denver, CO

Yanti Honey, you know you don't have to get/do all these dramatic things for us to love you.  We'd love you even if you were healthy.  

Seriously, that sounds like a miserable illness.  Here's hoping Smoky can take as good of care of you as you did for him and helps you pull through.  I'm sure he'll happily oblige with kitten antics, which will hopefully raise your spirits if nothing else.  Lots of loving, healing thoughts and (((hugs))).

2015-02-16 5:16 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Here is my race report.  Had a good day.

So I'm sitting in that brew pub after the race with my son enjoying my favorite beer and what do you know, Adrienne walks by.  Couldn't believe it but what a nice surprise.

Congrats to the the other folks who raced this weekend.  And Yanti, I hope you get better very soon.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=529297&posts=1&page=1

2015-02-16 5:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Originally posted by jobaxas sheepish hello from me. Just saw that poor Yanti is down with chikungunya - a mosquito bourne disease. Fever and joint pain, really not pleasant from what i read. She was supposed to fly to Australia tomorrow but not likely to be able to travel until mid march. Sending love, melon presses, shoulder licks and nibbles.

uncomfortably warm {MELON PRESS} and sad SLURP ...

There is one positive. It makes you so depressed you want to off yourself, but I don't have enough energy to either do it or even care, really.

Incredibly bad humour is always welcome.

The fever and headache (unfortunately the joint pain is omnipresent ... this is the disease I got the lasting arthritis from, and it's REALLY bad right now) do spike but then also recede sometimes for as long as a couple hours so I do get some reprieve.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chikungunya

Man what are we gonna do with you?
Maybe we need to ship you to Australia and lock you in one of those plastic bubbles for 3 months just so all your ouchy bits can get better.

Seriously I hope that you get better soon, gentle soft {{{{mastiff melon presses}}}} for you.
2015-02-17 4:10 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Cambridge
Poor Yanti.
Hope you get better soon. {STEVEYPRESS}
I did find some joke about chik-gun-ya but I can't find it again (it had pictures of chickens holding guns and looking gangsta....)

I've decided on a criterion for starting to bike into work this year... (i've moved 10 miles out of town, so its about a 15 mile ride each way)
When the temperature reaches a minimum of 10 degrees C (50 f) every day for a week is when I deem it spring and will start cycling 3 times a week to work (monday/friday bus or drive so can carry clothes for changing into)

Its getting close to that point at the moment. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653941says 8 degrees max this week so going to get the bike all cleaned up and ready at the weekend, although 8 degrees max usually means about 1 degree (ie nearly freezing) at 7 am = ice on the cycle paths.

Edited by SteveyD 2015-02-17 4:17 AM

2015-02-17 6:28 AM
in reply to: SteveyD

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I just can't believe that Yanti thinks that sickness is a competition.  shakes head.

Get well, Yanti!  

2015-02-17 9:38 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by jmkizer

I just can't believe that Yanti thinks that sickness is a competition.  shakes head.

Get well, Yanti!  

Hey!  Nice new avatar - and in the fastest color, no less. 

2015-02-17 10:52 AM
in reply to: #5075498

User image

Expert
Cambridge
Expecting a race report for the sickness then?
2015-02-17 11:21 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by SteveyD Expecting a race report for the sickness then?

Don't expect one anytime soon.  Remember that Yanti's about 15 race reports behind and she IS feeling pretty poorly.

BTW, good plan on the cycling regimen.  Do you have any races in mind for this year?

2015-02-17 11:25 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Yeah, I'm so competitive I even drag the other Funny Farm family members into it ... we're like the tri-sick-team from hell.

Fachmie, man. I really feel like I got Whoppered!

Thanks for all the wonderful wishes--for Smoky, for me and now for Lisa too. Poor little hot dog!

If you missed the story on FB, I brought Lisa to the vet in the middle of the night because she was REALLY sick. (I even threatened her with killing her if she wasn't in fact dying and she still insisted on going to the vet). Still no known cause--could be post-op infex from her spay surgery a week ago, very slim chance it could even be chikungunya, WTF knows. She's rockin' a 41C fever (hey, just like me!) and tachycardia. She's also obviously miserable.

Once the dog was as attended to as possible the vet staff noticed how sick I was and sent me straight home. Even offered me a ride in the pet ambulance (that would've been fun, but a pet might've needed it so I drove myself back).

2015-02-17 12:00 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Yeah, I'm so competitive I even drag the other Funny Farm family members into it ... we're like the tri-sick-team from hell.

Fachmie, man. I really feel like I got Whoppered!

Thanks for all the wonderful wishes--for Smoky, for me and now for Lisa too. Poor little hot dog!

If you missed the story on FB, I brought Lisa to the vet in the middle of the night because she was REALLY sick. (I even threatened her with killing her if she wasn't in fact dying and she still insisted on going to the vet). Still no known cause--could be post-op infex from her spay surgery a week ago, very slim chance it could even be chikungunya, WTF knows. She's rockin' a 41C fever (hey, just like me!) and tachycardia. She's also obviously miserable.

Once the dog was as attended to as possible the vet staff noticed how sick I was and sent me straight home. Even offered me a ride in the pet ambulance (that would've been fun, but a pet might've needed it so I drove myself back).

Oh no!!  Poor Lisa Labradog!!  Could be all your and Smoky's sickness has gotten to the sweet girl and she's feeling left out of all the excitement.  Hope she's feeling better soon.  Glad you got home safely from the vet.  (((Hugs)))

2015-02-17 2:18 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Uh oh. HELP!!!!

Coach Michi just posted on FB that one of their runners dropped out for Ragnar THIS WEEKEND!  They need someone to run 4 legs totalling 22.8 miles!

I am so tempted! I've always wanted to do a Ragnar. It's a point to point, not one of the camp and run ones. I think I could handle the mileage since there are breaks.

AAAARGH!    Thoughts?

2015-02-17 2:29 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by rrrunner

Uh oh. HELP!!!!

Coach Michi just posted on FB that one of their runners dropped out for Ragnar THIS WEEKEND!  They need someone to run 4 legs totalling 22.8 miles!

I am so tempted! I've always wanted to do a Ragnar. It's a point to point, not one of the camp and run ones. I think I could handle the mileage since there are breaks.

AAAARGH!    Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg

2015-02-17 2:31 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by popsracer

Here is my race report.  Had a good day.

So I'm sitting in that brew pub after the race with my son enjoying my favorite beer and what do you know, Adrienne walks by.  Couldn't believe it but what a nice surprise.

Congrats to the the other folks who raced this weekend.  And Yanti, I hope you get better very soon.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=529297&posts=1&page=1

Good to see you Steve! Ha! So hilariously random! 

2015-02-17 2:32 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by msteiner

Uh oh. HELP!!!!

AAAARGH!    Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg

Haha! That is an interesting interpretation of the quintessential Manatee response.

2015-02-17 2:33 PM

User image

Seattle

Uh oh. HELP!!!!

AAAARGH!    Thoughts?

Ummm first, was your long run last week 50% of your total volume?

Have you run 22 miles in a week yet? In 30 hours? 

How long has it been since you have run calf pain free?

2015-02-17 2:34 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Uh oh. HELP!!!!

AAAARGH!    Thoughts?

Ooh, that's a tough one!! 

However....you might be able to do it but balance that with how much of a dent it would put in your marathon training over the next week or two.  Remember that there will be other Ragnars and how badly you want to be able to do well on your marathon.

My vote is to let this time go.

2015-02-17 2:35 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Uh oh. HELP!!!!

AAAARGH!    Thoughts?

Yes, Yes, No and several weeks...

2015-02-17 2:37 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by laffinrock

Uh oh. HELP!!!!

AAAARGH!    Thoughts?

Ooh, that's a tough one!! 

However....you might be able to do it but balance that with how much of a dent it would put in your marathon training over the next week or two.  Remember that there will be other Ragnars and how badly you want to be able to do well on your marathon.

My vote is to let this time go.

*pout*

I'm still waiting to hear back on the details from Michi. I wouldn't be upset if they found another (faster) runner but I looked on the site and today is their last day to sub a runner.

2015-02-17 2:40 PM

User image

Seattle

Uh oh. HELP!!!!

AAAARGH!    Thoughts?

Duuuude, didn't you read Daniels?

If I were you, I would think about my long term goals. Then I would plan training and racing to best set myself up for success there.

And seriously, I would hate to see you injured. You really shouldn't have your long run be such a huge portion of your volume. Especially coming off of an injury. Especially if you were hoping to BQ. 

2015-02-17 2:45 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Uh oh. HELP!!!!

AAAARGH!    Thoughts?

If I were you, I would think about my long term goals. Then I would plan training and racing to best set myself up for success there.

And seriously, I would hate to see you injured. You really shouldn't have your long run be such a huge portion of your volume. Especially coming off of an injury. Especially if you were hoping to BQ. 

At this point the BQ is a pie-in-the-sky goal

The Higdon plan typically has my long run at about 50% of each week.  This week it is 46%.

I see a man is asking Michi on FB about cost so maybe he'll take the opportunity

2015-02-17 2:54 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Uh oh. HELP!!!!

AAAARGH!    Thoughts?

If your goal is to run willy, nilly, here and there from injury to injury, then do it. 

Or, keep the end in mind, heal, improve and run the marathon you want to run. Ragnar ain't going anywhere.

Not often you find the voice of reason in this group...

BTW, which Higdon plan are you using?

Edited by cdban66 2015-02-17 2:54 PM
2015-02-17 2:57 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by cdban66

Uh oh. HELP!!!!

AAAARGH!    Thoughts?

If your goal is to run willy, nilly, here and there from injury to injury, then do it. 

Or, keep the end in mind, heal, improve and run the marathon you want to run. Ragnar ain't going anywhere.

His Novice 1 plan

You mean that's not a legit goal

You're all correct. My emotion got the best of me. I hope they find a runner.

Edited by rrrunner 2015-02-17 2:59 PM
2015-02-17 3:09 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by cdban66

Uh oh. HELP!!!!

AAAARGH!    Thoughts?

His Novice 1 plan

You mean that's not a legit goal

You're all correct. My emotion got the best of me. I hope they find a runner.

Holy Moly, for the first time in the history of The Manatees, there was not a chorus do Doooooo Eeeettts!!!!! Mark this day
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 100

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Girls Master's Focus Triathlon Mentor Group--CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52

Started by lutzman
Views: 54779 Posts: 1284

2016-01-02 4:01 PM lutzman

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.