BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2015-04-05 7:37 PM
in reply to: Suzie471

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED
Originally posted by Suzie471

Been a rough week for me. Dad (he's 81yr) had a stroke on Monday, not severe, but still hard on all of us. Got him home on Thursday and now we are sitting back in the ER on Friday night with him for possible pneumonia...

Training has been hard to keep up this week. Have managed to get something in each day except for today. Still trying to stay positive knowing that my Tri is coming up fast on the 18th. Still learning to balance out everything and just when you think you might of gotten it all figured out, life throws a wrench into your plans.

Stay strong everyone and keep up the awesome work that you all have been doing! Keep posting because even when I'm not posting I am sitting here at some point reading your posts, cheering you on and finding my own motivation through you

Suzie, sorry to hear about your dad. I said a prayer for him last night at the Easter Vigil.

2015-04-05 7:40 PM
in reply to: Smiley9188

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Smiley9188

Susie, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! My thoughts are with you.

Pete primo- what is a century tri? I'm scared to ask bc century is 100...

I got a great run in saturday completing this challenge week. I'm damn product of a daily workout. I feel great. Strong (until I run). I'm planning out my workouts for next week. Is there another challenge for this week?

Great to hear. For what it's worth and you probably already have, take a look at Hal Higdon's running plans. I was like you with running but found his plans were easy to follow and allow cross training days in lieu of runs
2015-04-05 7:46 PM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

Extreme Veteran
So I accomplished my goal but the past two days were really tough. Sat. Up at 3:30 a for work from 5a-6p, got home and squeezed in a 32 min 3 mile run, then off to Easter Vigil. Got home a little before midnight then bed and back up at 4:30. Worked 6a - 6p, got home and got in a ride of 8.66 in 30 minutes. Now off to watch a movie with the family and relax. We gave up TV for lent so it will be turned on for the first time in 40 days. It really made us realize how much time we waste and the quality time that is lost. Happy Easter
2015-04-05 11:07 PM
in reply to: #5106191

User image

Well, I am very slowly getting back on track...my weeks of serial viruses has really wiped me out...I tried to run to work on Thursday but had almost nothing in me (running with a 10 pound backpack didn't help). Saturday I swam for 40 minutes while my daughter had her swim lesson. I didn't really pay any attention to how far or how fast I swam, but just focused on form. I'm working to master bilateral breathing, which I am finally getting the hang of. Today I am working a 24 hour shift at the hospital, but I got in a treadmill run in our on call room. Tomorrow I'll head to the pool right after I get off work. I know if I plug away with a work-out every day I'll get back on track quickly. It's frustrating to lose ground though. On the positive side, my new wetsuit should arrive this week. This should keep me motivated on the swimming!

Have a great week everyone
Suzy, I hope your dad is doing better.
2015-04-06 12:26 PM
in reply to: #5106215

User image

Suzy, I'm sorry to hear about your dad and will keep him in my prayers.

I have not worked out since Friday. I have done quite a bit of yard work accomplished. It felt strange not grabbing my gym bag to work out. I didn't think it would be hard taking a week off but after staying with it I feel like something is missing. When I work, it is part of my routine and I fit it right in, when I'm off(like last week ) I really feel how much time it takes up.
I'm trying hard to eat clean while I'm not working out. I don't want to undo any of the work I have done.
I was thinking about doing a TRX class for a month after this tri. It is suppose to really help you realize how your body moves and works your core out a lot. My coach said it is too much to do while I'm training. I guess there is a lot of muscle breakdown and building up going on. I'm not totally sure yet.
I am thinking, wondering if I should keep going with my training 3 days of swim, bike, run or if I should focus on a weaker area more? My schedule will get much tighter once the kids get out of school in June.
Make it great.
Nicole
Week 11
2015-04-06 2:57 PM

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Originally posted by Hunting Triathlete

We gave up TV for lent so it will be turned on for the first time in 40 days. It really made us realize how much time we waste and the quality time that is lost. Happy Easter

Wow - nice !!!!

2015-04-06 5:20 PM
in reply to: peto_primo

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Well, got a little spin in on the 29er, but the rear cassette needs a little work so I didn't want to push it.
Monday Day 1 30+ minutes
2015-04-06 11:46 PM

User image

FortWayne, Indiana
Thank You everyone for all of your kind words and thoughts regarding my Dad, It is much appreciated!!

Hope everyone had a happy Easter and didn't eat to much candy Have a great week everyone and keep up on all of your training! Your hard work will pay off!
2015-04-07 10:52 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

This makes 9 days straight for an exercise session.....Hour total today on the Bike Trainer and Treadmill; was feeling it a bit this morning following yesterday's hard swim (only 1500 yards but I went at it pretty hard early in the set); and the yard work tasks I completed in the afternoon.

Rain here today so that's the reason back on trainer and treadmill; hope to take care of one yard work item before the rain really sets in.

Edited by 2NewKnees 2015-04-07 10:53 AM
2015-04-07 11:37 AM

User image

Suzie -- hope your dad is improving! And many good thoughts coming your way -- caregiving is very hard on the family members and loved ones, so make sure and take care of yourself too!

Speaking of caregiving -- I am feeling pretty guilty about all the trouble I'm causing to those around me, as I am out of commission for another 8.5 weeks.

I had a great first half of Saturday, the 28th -- I was out of town for a clinic with my mare and got up early, fed her, and found a local park and decided to do a 5k run, with the thought that I would do run/walk intervals and just do what I could.

It was fabulous -- I finished it and felt really good -- got a good breakfast, went to the hotel and dressed for my ride on my horse in the afternoon.

Which lasted 15 mins before she went to bucking and by the third buck, to which she added a twist, off I came. It wouldn't have been a big deal fall, thank goodness, as I kept my head from hitting the ground, but my right foot got hung in the stirrup and as I hit the ground and it came free, it twisted, the knee hyper extended, and here I sit, with a tibial plateau fracture and 10 weeks of non-weight bearing.

It could have been SO MUCH worse. But, I can't drive, or walk and have to have everything done for me. Very grateful to get yesterday's call that there would be no surgery needed, but I must admit, I succomb to a pity party from time to time!

I can do upper body workouts and I can still swim! But, I am in the process of trying to work out the where on those things. I typically swim and workout at the FSU student gym, but the long hop in from the parking lots will make that difficult, and since I can't drive, I can't go at lunchtime anyway, so I'm trying to see if the Country Club facilities near my house will work. It is more expensive than the FSU facilities, but being able to park right outside the door, and the fact that the pool has a graduated entry -- no stairs, will probably make it totally worth it!

I'm enjoying still reading about everything that y'all are doing and will be here, in the background, cheering for you all!!

Libby (who tries to whine very little, but isn't perfect, so it still happens every once in a while)

Edited by libbyfhenderson 2015-04-07 11:38 AM
2015-04-07 11:58 AM
in reply to: libbyfhenderson

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Originally posted by libbyfhenderson

here I sit, with a tibial plateau fracture and 10 weeks of non-weight bearing.

You can overcome and recover well !!. I had a stress fracture in the tibial plateau - goodness right about this time 19 years ago. I would have been on crutches at this point. Mine was 6 weeks total non weight bearing (but I could drive) and 6 weeks of nothing but walking- led up to about 2 weeks before my wedding.

I was able to move around fine - walk disney world for our honeymoon and have had no ill effects from it over the last 19 years.

2015-04-07 5:18 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Suzie -- hope your dad is improving! And many good thoughts coming your way -- caregiving is very hard on the family members and loved ones, so make sure and take care of yourself too!

Speaking of caregiving -- I am feeling pretty guilty about all the trouble I'm causing to those around me, as I am out of commission for another 8.5 weeks.

I had a great first half of Saturday, the 28th -- I was out of town for a clinic with my mare and got up early, fed her, and found a local park and decided to do a 5k run, with the thought that I would do run/walk intervals and just do what I could.

It was fabulous -- I finished it and felt really good -- got a good breakfast, went to the hotel and dressed for my ride on my horse in the afternoon.

Which lasted 15 mins before she went to bucking and by the third buck, to which she added a twist, off I came. It wouldn't have been a big deal fall, thank goodness, as I kept my head from hitting the ground, but my right foot got hung in the stirrup and as I hit the ground and it came free, it twisted, the knee hyper extended, and here I sit, with a tibial plateau fracture and 10 weeks of non-weight bearing.

It could have been SO MUCH worse. But, I can't drive, or walk and have to have everything done for me. Very grateful to get yesterday's call that there would be no surgery needed, but I must admit, I succomb to a pity party from time to time!

I can do upper body workouts and I can still swim! But, I am in the process of trying to work out the where on those things. I typically swim and workout at the FSU student gym, but the long hop in from the parking lots will make that difficult, and since I can't drive, I can't go at lunchtime anyway, so I'm trying to see if the Country Club facilities near my house will work. It is more expensive than the FSU facilities, but being able to park right outside the door, and the fact that the pool has a graduated entry -- no stairs, will probably make it totally worth it!

I'm enjoying still reading about everything that y'all are doing and will be here, in the background, cheering for you all!!

Libby (who tries to whine very little, but isn't perfect, so it still happens every once in a while)

Libby, sorry about the injury and length of time you'll be out. Don't let this derail the goals that you set before it. You have hit a big bump in the rode but I know you will come out on the other side. Don't get depressed over something you can not control. Come her more often to interact and stay motivated so that when you get back at it you will still be motivated and probably more excited than at the start of this group.
2015-04-07 8:47 PM

User image

Des Plaines, Illinois
Suzie: I'm so sorry to hear about your dad...I hope he improves quickly. My thoughts are with you.

So...I'm feeling kinda' awful this evening. I had a really eye opening swim today. I usually go early (9/10am) but because of craziness at work I had to go after work (I work at a university so I swim at the pool there.) Apparently after 4 it's a totally different scene (not the three old guys I usually see and the crazy lady who swims with the pool noodle between her legs and calls people out for not showering before their swim.) There were about 40 people there (sharing 8 lanes). Swim teams, swim lessons, family night - all the world. I ended up sharing a lane with a lady who did a strange version of the breast stroke (oddly fast). She was having a hard time staying on her side of the lane with her frog kick and kept brushing me. The guy on the other side of me was doing a super splashy backstroke and the crowd noise was overwhelming.

I kept getting so pissed off: didn't they know I was IN TRAINING?! How was I supposed to continue to improve my split times with all this disturbance?!! Then it hit me...I will NOT be swimming this event in my own lane with no feet on me or splashing in my face. This is mild compared to what I will see in 10.5 weeks. I was so slow, every other breath I tried to take was disturbed on either side. I was SO SLOW and sputtery...and ANGRY. I don't think I can do this guys. Swimming is my thing. It was the part of the race that was going to keep me from being dead last (or DQ'ed). I hated every minute of the 30 it took me to do my workout. I normally zone out and the swim just takes care of itself...today I thought about all of it and all of it disappointed me. So...I know if I'm going to continue towards this goal I need more of these "out of my comfort zone" moments...but tonights workout (unlike any other) has me so riddled with self-doubt and disappointment (and Saturday's run was the slowest I've had yet and I still felt "ok" with it.) If I hadn't just bought this crazy expensive bike, I would give up now. I promise to end the pity party tomorrow...but today I'm just so incredibly bummed out.
2015-04-07 10:33 PM
in reply to: #5078752

User image

Libby, hang in there.
Jenn, take a deep breathe. You got the swim. You just had some mental training this week. I felt like that swimming with my children in my lane. It does us good to get out of our comfort zone and get scared. For me that is my reason for doing the triathlon. To see what I'm made of. I think you are made to keep going just like me in spite of the fact that it rattled us and scares us.

I woke up this morning with pain on my shin just above my ankle. It was hard to walk. I iced it while eating my breakfast took some Tylenol and felt better. I hav been stretching. I'm missing my workouts. Tomorrow I get a massage. I was talking to my 8 year old today about our competitions coming up this weekend. He had forgotten. He is a bit nervous, it was good to share I was too. I asked him what his fears were. He said the run, I told him he could walk and run like we practiced. He said he was scared he would drown. I told him there were too many people around that would keep him safe. I'm glad to be able to experience this with him.
Keep your spirits up everyone.
Nicole
2015-04-07 10:52 PM

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
As you are approaching your races, be confident, know why you are doing this, have an idea of what you want out of it.
Going into my first race, I thought I was pretty ready. looked at the swim as a warmup for the rest of the day as it said in "Triathlon 101". My first sprint was the first step in my goal to race an Ironman by the time I was 40.

If I did not have that long term goal and knew what I was striving towards, I may have quit in the middle of the swim in my first race. The swim for me was harder than I expected. But because I had that long term goal, I kept going, I got out of the water, I made it to the bike and had fun on the bike. I encountered challenges on the run but made it to the finish. I even beat my goal time. And looking back now, that first race is the only time I have ever beaten that goal.

You will read everywhere, for your first race, just have fun, you will never have another first race, don't worry about your time, and while that is true, you are racing against the clock and yourself. You are setting your first bar, will it be easy to bear or will it be challenging to beat, pushing you to better things?

I wrote this to someone recently but thought I would share it here too, -- Doubts creep into everyone, just don't dwell on them, don't water them and let them take root.

And to quote a millionaire I know, Control what you can control, so that which you can't control, but desire, can come true.

Edited by peto_primo 2015-04-07 10:53 PM
2015-04-07 10:57 PM
in reply to: Smiley9188

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Originally posted by Smiley9188

Pete primo- what is a century tri? I'm scared to ask bc century is 100...

That is Century - slash - Tri
I am planning on doing a 110 - 135 mile bike ride on Saturday and If I can get the right training in, a sprint triathlon on Sunday Morning. I have already signed up for the TourDe Steamboat. waiting on the tri right now.

2015-04-08 10:18 AM
in reply to: #5078752

User image

Sounds like it's been a rough week for folks. Libby, sorry to hear about your injury. I am so impressed with how you are looking for ways to keep moving forward though.

I just finished my third 24 hr shift in 7 days (with lots of regular work days in between) and was feeling pretty depleted when I got home this morning. I arrived to find my new wetsuit waiting for me. Bang! Motivation in a box! I'm heading to the pool after a brief nap, and I am dragging my hubby with me.

Just gotta' keep moving forward!
2015-04-08 11:13 PM

User image

Des Plaines, Illinois
Thanks for all the encouragement...you guys are THE BEST. I'm really sorry about that pity party...but I think the experience was critical to my conception of this race. I think I needed a reality check (especially with the swim...as I may have been getting kinda cocky.) I was stuck riding indoors to nowhere again today in spin class but when I told the instructor I went to someone else's class instead of hers recently (due to schedule conflict) and it nearly killed me, she apparently took it as a personal challenge and attempted murder by indoor cycling. It was great. I really needed the endorphins. It's one of the few times I've ridden indoors and felt it "counted." My husband must have known I needed a boost today too...as I dragged myself in from work and put away my stuff he said, "You're looking really good these days." Awww...shucks. :-D And then he made us all dinner!
2015-04-09 10:39 AM
in reply to: jennifersmith847

User image

Originally posted by jennifersmith847

Thanks for all the encouragement...you guys are THE BEST. I'm really sorry about that pity party...but I think the experience was critical to my conception of this race. I think I needed a reality check (especially with the swim...as I may have been getting kinda cocky.) I was stuck riding indoors to nowhere again today in spin class but when I told the instructor I went to someone else's class instead of hers recently (due to schedule conflict) and it nearly killed me, she apparently took it as a personal challenge and attempted murder by indoor cycling. It was great. I really needed the endorphins. It's one of the few times I've ridden indoors and felt it "counted." My husband must have known I needed a boost today too...as I dragged myself in from work and put away my stuff he said, "You're looking really good these days." Awww...shucks. :-D And then he made us all dinner!

You hang in there! Sounds like you are doing a great job of training!! Couldn't help but chuckle at your comment about the "3 old guys" you usually see at the pool.......I'd qualify as one of those "old guys"..... Actually the pool I use has the regular members there; many retired folks during that time of day; all are good at sharing lanes...yes, good to get some time in the water when it's busy.

Best of luck!!!
2015-04-09 10:46 AM
in reply to: 2NewKnees

User image

Completed 10 days straight of training yesterday....taking it easy today. We get to watch our 6 month old grand daughter today!!!!

Just finalized my registration for a sprint on 4/25. Guess I'm committed now!!! It's the Pioneer Sprint in Petersburg, Il. It's an afternoon event. I'd been debating doing this one as a "practice"....made the decision to do so. My other event is the Miami Univ Triathlon on 5/9.

As I recall there was a post a couple weeks back about listing our events. Decided to wait til I finalized my decision on 4.25 event. Wow, that's just a couple weeks off!!
2015-04-09 1:19 PM

User image

, Connecticut
Originally posted by 2NewKnees

This makes 9 days straight for an exercise session.....Hour total today on the Bike Trainer and Treadmill; was feeling it a bit this morning following yesterday's hard swim (only 1500 yards but I went at it pretty hard early in the set); and the yard work tasks I completed in the afternoon.

Rain here today so that's the reason back on trainer and treadmill; hope to take care of one yard work item before the rain really sets in.

WOW, 9 days? that's awesome! Good for you Bill! jeez! I'm so utterly impressed. go you! Keep up the hard work!

2015-04-09 1:22 PM

User image

, Connecticut

Oh no, Libby! Take good care of yourself. It's ok to be down. it's not a pity party, we are all here to support each other when we are up. and when we are down. Take it easy, get in and swim if you want and can but take it easy on your body. this is fun, you are not getting paid for this. protect your body and get it back to healthy. thinking of you!
2015-04-09 1:28 PM
in reply to: jennifersmith847

User image

, Connecticut
Originally posted by jennifersmith847

Suzie: I'm so sorry to hear about your dad...I hope he improves quickly. My thoughts are with you.

So...I'm feeling kinda' awful this evening. I had a really eye opening swim today. I usually go early (9/10am) but because of craziness at work I had to go after work (I work at a university so I swim at the pool there.) Apparently after 4 it's a totally different scene (not the three old guys I usually see and the crazy lady who swims with the pool noodle between her legs and calls people out for not showering before their swim.) There were about 40 people there (sharing 8 lanes). Swim teams, swim lessons, family night - all the world. I ended up sharing a lane with a lady who did a strange version of the breast stroke (oddly fast). She was having a hard time staying on her side of the lane with her frog kick and kept brushing me. The guy on the other side of me was doing a super splashy backstroke and the crowd noise was overwhelming.

I kept getting so pissed off: didn't they know I was IN TRAINING?! How was I supposed to continue to improve my split times with all this disturbance?!! Then it hit me...I will NOT be swimming this event in my own lane with no feet on me or splashing in my face. This is mild compared to what I will see in 10.5 weeks. I was so slow, every other breath I tried to take was disturbed on either side. I was SO SLOW and sputtery...and ANGRY. I don't think I can do this guys. Swimming is my thing. It was the part of the race that was going to keep me from being dead last (or DQ'ed). I hated every minute of the 30 it took me to do my workout. I normally zone out and the swim just takes care of itself...today I thought about all of it and all of it disappointed me. So...I know if I'm going to continue towards this goal I need more of these "out of my comfort zone" moments...but tonights workout (unlike any other) has me so riddled with self-doubt and disappointment (and Saturday's run was the slowest I've had yet and I still felt "ok" with it.) If I hadn't just bought this crazy expensive bike, I would give up now. I promise to end the pity party tomorrow...but today I'm just so incredibly bummed out.

Jenn, I get it. I know what you mean. and when you have a swim, it really rocks your world. what makes one day awesome and the next day crappy? Who knows? Maybe, just maybe, it's attitude. you were angry. maybe we shoudl start a 'friends don't let friends swim angry' club. but you said yourself... you were angry. and maybe it was a rude awakening, your open water swim with loads of people will be very different than a smooth calm swim. But you are forgetting to factor in the adrenaline. the dedication. the determination. Listen, doing a tri seems like it's a huge part mental. the self doubt creeps in and you freak yourself out. stop it. you CAN do this and you WILL. So good thing you bought your crazy expensive bike. Put that bad session behind you and get back on the bike- so to speak. it was one day. one day of bad. one. how many awesome workouts have you had? How many invigorating workouts have you completed and then looked back and said- dang! I'm powerful! I'm strong! I'm a triathlete! (if you haven't, give it a try, it's powerful!)

So my dear, and i mean this in the most loving way possible- cut it out. you're better than this. get back in there and show the pool who's boss! then demand attention on the bike and nail a run! get your confidence back. and don't let one crappy swim rob you of all teh hard work you've done.
2015-04-09 1:41 PM
in reply to: nekomidori

User image

, Connecticut
Originally posted by nekomidori

Libby, hang in there.
Jenn, take a deep breathe. You got the swim. You just had some mental training this week. I felt like that swimming with my children in my lane. It does us good to get out of our comfort zone and get scared. For me that is my reason for doing the triathlon. To see what I'm made of. I think you are made to keep going just like me in spite of the fact that it rattled us and scares us.

I woke up this morning with pain on my shin just above my ankle. It was hard to walk. I iced it while eating my breakfast took some Tylenol and felt better. I hav been stretching. I'm missing my workouts. Tomorrow I get a massage. I was talking to my 8 year old today about our competitions coming up this weekend. He had forgotten. He is a bit nervous, it was good to share I was too. I asked him what his fears were. He said the run, I told him he could walk and run like we practiced. He said he was scared he would drown. I told him there were too many people around that would keep him safe. I'm glad to be able to experience this with him.
Keep your spirits up everyone.
Nicole

Nicole, hows the leg? I'm hoping it was a weird thing you woke up and then it went away? What a really neat conversation with your child. they are so pure, their thoughts- his thoughts are in line with mine. I love that he shared that with you! thank you for sharing this with us. i'm not afraid of drowning, i'm not what i'm afraid of, but there is some fear about this.

Doing a Triathlon to me it seems like it's mostly a mental race. there are so many minor things to remember- all the stuff you need for each transition. all the gear, the fuel, the strategy, remembering where your bike is, swimming in open water, with a bunch of other people, where do you start- front of the pack or back- etc. of course, there is also the physical challenge of working your body to limits but still it's mental- do you go out hard, but not too hard. Giving it your all but not cramping up, not falling down, not crashing the bike, not twisting an ankle. it's such a mental challenge to me that the physical part seems easy! HA! that's absurd to write that, but the mental part is exhausting- oh and the self doubt! the advice- it's OVERWHELMING. but then i think about the endurance. the speed. the challenge- it's really awesome too. its exciting. it's invigorating. it's intimidating. its inspiring.

so come on everyone! lets finish our training strong. Lets be powerful. poke your thighs right now. feel their strength? you did that! so lets go get em!
2015-04-09 1:44 PM

User image

, Connecticut
Originally posted by 2NewKnees

Completed 10 days straight of training yesterday....taking it easy today. We get to watch our 6 month old grand daughter today!!!!

Just finalized my registration for a sprint on 4/25. Guess I'm committed now!!! It's the Pioneer Sprint in Petersburg, Il. It's an afternoon event. I'd been debating doing this one as a "practice"....made the decision to do so. My other event is the Miami Univ Triathlon on 5/9.

As I recall there was a post a couple weeks back about listing our events. Decided to wait til I finalized my decision on 4.25 event. Wow, that's just a couple weeks off!!

WHOO HOO! Go for it Bill! Awesome! I can't wait to hear all about it!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 4 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 44

RELATED POSTS

Successful Triathlon Training, by Fred D - OPEN

Started by Fred D
Views: 1069 Posts: 2

2015-01-21 6:28 AM juanjaramillo

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 8, 2008
author : pjwalzphd
comments : 2
When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.

date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.
date : October 30, 2005
author : acbadger
comments : 0
First, with your upcoming 5K, I strongly advise you to check out the “Couch to 5K” training schedule. This training schedule is a GREAT way to get back into running safely and wisely.

date : September 26, 2004
author : jhealy422
For as long as I can remember, I’ve had weight issues. I remember standing on the scale as a child weighing 60 pounds and feeling fat. My family dealt with stress by eating.
date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
Overview of two walk/run routines for training for a 5K.

comments : 12
This aggressive couch to 5k program will get you running from nothing and will be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.
This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.