BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 104

2015-06-25 1:56 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Originally posted by msteiner

Yeah it's called Buddy Butts Park
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Buddy+Butts+Park/@32.3042213,-90.3141676,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x5bfd407d77d2b4fe?sa=X&ei=_0iMVaLwMoHfsAWR66qACg&ved=0CHcQ_BIwCw

It's a pretty fun trail that's not incredibly technical except for 3 drops that are followed by steep kickers that test your ability to hold pace and burst.  Obviously if the trails are wet then those won't be safe at all.  The park itself is pretty bad about drainage too, so I'm worried about it.  There's a backup trail that the race could move to, but it's way more technical.  I'm nowhere near prepared enough to race that course dry much less wet, so I'm holding out for Butts to dry.  Yeah I know you guys can run that one to the end zone.  Wait that left the door open again!

As opposed to butt buddies park.

I am thinking of the term kicker from a snowboaring standpoint but is it safe to assume you would need at least front suspension for this?

Speaking of, a friend of mine in college was way into downhill mtb, holy shyte what a cool sport! They pretty much hand dirtbike suspension on their bikes. 

2015-06-25 1:59 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Yeah it's called Buddy Butts Park
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Buddy+Butts+Park/@32.3042213,-90.3141676,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x5bfd407d77d2b4fe?sa=X&ei=_0iMVaLwMoHfsAWR66qACg&ved=0CHcQ_BIwCw

It's a pretty fun trail that's not incredibly technical except for 3 drops that are followed by steep kickers that test your ability to hold pace and burst.  Obviously if the trails are wet then those won't be safe at all.  The park itself is pretty bad about drainage too, so I'm worried about it.  There's a backup trail that the race could move to, but it's way more technical.  I'm nowhere near prepared enough to race that course dry much less wet, so I'm holding out for Butts to dry.  Yeah I know you guys can run that one to the end zone.  Wait that left the door open again!

As opposed to butt buddies park.

I am thinking of the term kicker from a snowboaring standpoint but is it safe to assume you would need at least front suspension for this?

Speaking of, a friend of mine in college was way into downhill mtb, holy shyte what a cool sport! They pretty much hand dirtbike suspension on their bikes. 

Lawd I never even thought of that!

Yeah with all the roots on the trail you want at least front suspension.  I've been told over and over that a full suspension is recommended, but I did a 6 hour race on the course last year on the same hard-tail that I have now.  My quads and back were pretty sore at the end of that, but the distance alone was going to do that.

2015-06-25 3:01 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by IronOx

That's what makes it so funny, that she took it!  I mean I guess her maiden name could have been worse, but I am not sure how!!

And thanks

She was going to hyphenate, but her maiden name was "Smeli".

Thank you, and goodnight!!!! 

2015-06-25 5:15 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

I live in the best place in the world!!  We have had a number of microbrewies startup in town and all are excellent.  One in particular I just called to get a keg for my kegerator at home as I'm having a party for the Fourth.  I'm setup for sixth barrels (about 5 gallons) and most places do not fill this size opting for half (full) and third barrels (ponies).  I call and ask for a particular brew in a sixth.  I'm told they do not have that at the moment but am put on hold for a moment.  Guy gets back on the line and says the brewmaster will fill one for me and it'll be ready by the time I get off work.  I absolutely love experiencing this level of service.  I have an eight mile run after work then I get to tap into some very yummy beer.  Yay!! 

2015-06-25 11:11 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake
Originally posted by popsracer

I live in the best place in the world!!  We have had a number of microbrewies startup in town and all are excellent.  One in particular I just called to get a keg for my kegerator at home as I'm having a party for the Fourth.  I'm setup for sixth barrels (about 5 gallons) and most places do not fill this size opting for half (full) and third barrels (ponies).  I call and ask for a particular brew in a sixth.  I'm told they do not have that at the moment but am put on hold for a moment.  Guy gets back on the line and says the brewmaster will fill one for me and it'll be ready by the time I get off work.  I absolutely love experiencing this level of service.  I have an eight mile run after work then I get to tap into some very yummy beer.  Yay!! 

What beer did you get? I wish the breweries and brewpubs could fill Corni Kegs here. It was almost an act of God to allow Sunday Growler sales in MN. Dang Blue Laws and three tier system.
2015-06-25 11:40 PM
in reply to: tcarlson78

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by tcarlson78

What beer did you get? I wish the breweries and brewpubs could fill Corni Kegs here. It was almost an act of God to allow Sunday Growler sales in MN. Dang Blue Laws and three tier system.

It's a light blonde ale from Aslan Brewing Company.  I stopped at my other most favorite brewpub for dinner and some beers on their patio enjoying a perfect, warm summer evening.  Check comes and I'm informed all my beers are on the house because there kitchen was a little slow.  Saaweet!!!     

2015-06-26 6:26 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

PSA: If you want a CamelBak water bottle or you love Skratch...

CamelBak Podium Bottle and 5 Skratch Labs Exercise Hydration Singles

https://thefeed.com/product/skratch-labscamelbak-hydration-kit/ - $6 (free and $5.95 shipping)

2015-06-26 11:02 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

It's a light blonde ale from Aslan Brewing Company.  I stopped at my other most favorite brewpub for dinner and some beers on their patio enjoying a perfect, warm summer evening.  Check comes and I'm informed all my beers are on the house because there kitchen was a little slow.  Saaweet!!!     

Free beer?  Excellent!

Speaking of blondes (beers, that is), has anyone tried the new Guiness Blonde?  It is very, very good IMO.

2015-06-26 11:03 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by jmkizer

https://thefeed.com/product/skratch-labscamelbak-hydration-kit/ - $6 (free and $5.95 shipping)

I may have ordered some things yesterday just for the bottle and the Skratch...

2015-06-26 11:39 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by melbo55

Free beer?  Excellent!

Speaking of blondes (beers, that is), has anyone tried the new Guiness Blonde?  It is very, very good IMO.

I have seen it and wondered how it was.  Too many beers to try, so little time.

2015-06-26 11:55 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Sorry, must go to bedly ... so a non-specific

GO RACING MANATEES!!!

Heal up, DLers (for once, NOT ME ... I'm better. Tired, but better.)

Prayers for HappyStoned's friend, Dazzers' little Finny-Who (smart one he is and papers to prove it!), McManaMom, Peach Melbo's dad, Dub6Dad ...

2015-06-26 12:58 PM

User image

Denver, CO

I may have ordered some things yesterday just for the bottle and the Skratch...

Sweet!!  Just ordered the bottle and samples and happily paid the $5.95 shipping.  Had never heard of this website before.  They've got some pretty yummy looking stuff!

2015-06-26 1:05 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

June 27-28
MR Matt  - MS State Games (MTB) on Sunday
Kate - Tri For Real International Triathlon on Sunday
Tom  - Wednesday Night #2 on July 1

June 27 is Chris' birthday

Disabled List
Erin - knee
Yanti - under the weather
Chris - ankle

2015-06-26 1:09 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

I don't know what I was thinking yesterday but I decided to run sockless.  It was very warm and I guess I wanted as little on as possible but what a stupid decision.  Had to cut the last mile of my run as my achilles was a bloody mess.  I was hoping to run a 10k tomorrow but not so sure now.  It is supposed to be very hot here this weekend.  Hope everyone has a good weekend.

2015-06-26 1:15 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Racing Manatees!!!

June 27-28

Disabled List
Erin - knee
Chris - ankle

Wait, Yanti says she's off the DL.That means we have more racers than DLers.  Keep getting better, DLers.  Let's get that list down to nil!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO racers!!  MR Matt, no flipping over the handle bars allowed and don't do anything that would make you the Butt of any jokes, 'kay?

2015-06-26 1:18 PM

User image

Denver, CO

I don't know what I was thinking yesterday but I decided to run sockless.  It was very warm and I guess I wanted as little on as possible but what a stupid decision.  Had to cut the last mile of my run as my achilles was a bloody mess.  I was hoping to run a 10k tomorrow but not so sure now.  It is supposed to be very hot here this weekend.  Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Ouch!  If you're determined to do the 10K, get some moleskin or something to protect that area and WEAR SOCKS.  If I were you though, I'd skip it, especially since it's going to be really hot.

2015-06-26 1:23 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Butt's Park, heh heh heh, although I admit to repeatedly seeing it as Butt's Pork...

So just when I'm starting to get myself mentally sorted out with the whole Syracuse mess, I get an email from Ironman offering me 50% off from a list of races this season since I was one of the ones that couldn't finish because of the weather.  Some of the races simply won't suit because they are too soon or I have other plans, or they are too far away.  However, Timberman *could* work.  Now I have to decide before July 6 if I want to take advantage of the offer, which will also mean finding lodging, finding a travel partner (my usual tri pal LT will be in CO), and getting the blessing of Eddie, not necessarily in that order.   Oh, and getting my seat issues ironed out, QUICKLY.

I see the illness is upon you.  One in a season just isn't enough now.  Pretty soon you'll be doing full IMs without a 2nd thought.  (shaking head)

Seriously, that sounds like a pretty cool idea.  Maybe Randee could help you out?  That's up in her neck of the woods.

2015-06-26 1:49 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Racing Manatees!!!

June 27-28

Disabled List
Erin - knee
Chris - ankle

GO RACERS!!!  Matt, I hope the rain/trails allow you to race safely.

Happy early birthday, Chris!  Celebrate in style!

DLers - please heal up already.  I liked the microsecond when this list was empty.

2015-06-26 1:54 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by laffinrock

Racing Manatees!!!

June 27-28

Disabled List
Erin - knee
Chris - ankle

Wait, Yanti says she's off the DL.That means we have more racers than DLers.  Keep getting better, DLers.  Let's get that list down to nil!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO racers!!  MR Matt, no flipping over the handle bars allowed and don't do anything that would make you the Butt of any jokes, 'kay?

Yanti's just saying that because she's got a 10k swim coming up!

2015-06-26 2:22 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!!!

June 27-28

Disabled List
Erin - knee
Chris - ankle

RACE WELL MANATEES AND HAVE FUN!!

heal up DLers!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!  HAVE A GREAT ONE!

2015-06-26 3:19 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Well this is happening right now  

Not looking good.  Maybe this is nature's way of telling me to stick to asphalt (even though we're not on speaking terms either...).

2015-06-26 3:20 PM

Master
Northern IL

Not looking good.  Maybe this is nature's way of telling me to stick to asphalt (even though we're not on speaking terms either...).

Zwift it instead?

2015-06-26 3:29 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by brigby1

Zwift it instead?

Yes!  I'll become a professional Zwifter!

2015-06-26 4:25 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Sticking to asphalt isn't good.  Neither is sliding across it.  

Yeah, that's not looking good.

2015-06-26 4:47 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Racing Manatees!!!

June 27-28

Disabled List
Erin - knee
Chris - ankle

Race well, stay dry (Matt) and heal up. 

I can come off the list, I rode the bike today and have a run planned for tomorrow morning down by the creek.

Thank you Janyne for the awesome list. It can't be easy trying to herd these cats!

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66820 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 28144 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 11888 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Dominion's Sprint/Oly/70.3 Group--Closed Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36

Started by Dominion
Views: 37369 Posts: 891

2016-01-04 10:48 AM burner2

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66403 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.