BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS) - Open Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 118

2016-01-28 8:10 AM
in reply to: kjvandermolen

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS) - Open
Originally posted by kjvandermolen

#32 - 30 min run on the treadmill....

Kyle - you're killing it. How's the weight loss coming? I weighed in today and have dropped another half pound. Let's make sure we keep up the good work together so we can both reach our goals! We will make it happen and the beer will taste so good!

2016-01-28 8:12 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Hook'em

Originally posted by Qua17 One more post - Lets all give a big thank you to Dave O for making it possible for us to buy some BDAS gear. Last year - he set up a BSAS account on Jakroo where you can buy personalize triathlon gear. If you'd like to get a BDAS bike shirt or something else just click on the folloing link: http://shop.jakroo.com/BDASThanks Dave!
Thanks, Dave O.  I just placed my order.

Be sure to post a pic when it comes in!
2016-01-28 9:18 AM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Saint Charles, Missouri
Originally posted by Qua17

#32 - 30 min run on the treadmill....

Kyle - you're killing it. How's the weight loss coming? I weighed in today and have dropped another half pound. Let's make sure we keep up the good work together so we can both reach our goals! We will make it happen and the beer will taste so good!

weight loss is still going....being home all day is rough on planning meals....for some reason it was a lot easier when I had to plan it out to take to work...but oh well.

right now I am getting lots of swings...so I need to get more consistent in my day to day intakes....I was down like 2 pounds yesterday for the week...but then today I was only down .5....so we'll see.....
2016-01-28 9:19 AM

User image

Saint Charles, Missouri
#33 - 30 min swim....800 meters....and I swam 100 meters straight without taking a break.....I hope soon I break through the wall and can maintain....but for now......just keep swimming....
2016-01-28 9:20 AM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
NAME: Kevin

STORY: Came from a wrestling background in HS/College/Army. Always ran. I got motivated after watching the bigges loser and watching the contestants run marathons. I ran my first in 2009. I did 4 more over the course of 3 years. I completed a HIM and was on my way to IM training when my calf got injured. I'd take time off, and start up again, but it wouldn't go away. I took over a year off, and tried to get going, but to no avail. So here we are in 2016, and I haven't trained or ran an event in over 3 years. I used to frequent the BDAS for insight and comradere, and to share my disdain of fruity alcohols, now I'm a lost sorts just trying to get back up again!

FAMILY STATUS: Maried to Sarah for 13 years.

CURRENT TRAINING: I ran for a period of 3 weeks back in November, but then December came, and I got lost again. Was thinking about doing a 50K in April, but will have to push that out again.

2015 RACES: None

The Plan for 2016:

April: Spokane river run 25K
May: Lilac Bloomsday 12K
May: Windermere marathon
June-September: OPEN
October: Spokane Marathon

BEER/WINE/BOOZE PREFERENCE: All about hoppy IPA's and Ale's. I have expanded my pallete to include Belguin's, Stout's, Barleywine's and everything else. However, I don't think I'd drink a blueberry ale or anything like that. I'm a fan of Bushmills, Jamison, and Pendleton.

WEIGHT LOSS: I'm down to 202. Started at 212 last month. I have been eliminating bread out of my diet along with sugars. cut my imbibing down to Monday's only as a "cheat" day. I play hockey on Monday nights, so it's nice to have a beer or 2 after the game.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD BDAS MEMBER: If I can sustain more than 2 weeks of activity, I will stay motivated to be a contributing member on the board. Baby steps. I want to get back to logging miles and setting goals and checking them off when completed. I have not done this in a very long time. It's time to get moving again.
2016-01-28 9:21 AM
in reply to: kevinbe

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Better late than never?

Kevin

2016-01-28 9:58 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

They let you play hockey with bobskates? haha

Down with fruit beers!

Good to have you back Kevin!

Originally posted by kevinbe NAME: Kevin STORY: Came from a wrestling background in HS/College/Army. Always ran. I got motivated after watching the bigges loser and watching the contestants run marathons. I ran my first in 2009. I did 4 more over the course of 3 years. I completed a HIM and was on my way to IM training when my calf got injured. I'd take time off, and start up again, but it wouldn't go away. I took over a year off, and tried to get going, but to no avail. So here we are in 2016, and I haven't trained or ran an event in over 3 years. I used to frequent the BDAS for insight and comradere, and to share my disdain of fruity alcohols, now I'm a lost sorts just trying to get back up again! FAMILY STATUS: Maried to Sarah for 13 years. CURRENT TRAINING: I ran for a period of 3 weeks back in November, but then December came, and I got lost again. Was thinking about doing a 50K in April, but will have to push that out again. 2015 RACES: None The Plan for 2016: April: Spokane river run 25K May: Lilac Bloomsday 12K May: Windermere marathon June-September: OPEN October: Spokane Marathon BEER/WINE/BOOZE PREFERENCE: All about hoppy IPA's and Ale's. I have expanded my pallete to include Belguin's, Stout's, Barleywine's and everything else. However, I don't think I'd drink a blueberry ale or anything like that. I'm a fan of Bushmills, Jamison, and Pendleton. WEIGHT LOSS: I'm down to 202. Started at 212 last month. I have been eliminating bread out of my diet along with sugars. cut my imbibing down to Monday's only as a "cheat" day. I play hockey on Monday nights, so it's nice to have a beer or 2 after the game. WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD BDAS MEMBER: If I can sustain more than 2 weeks of activity, I will stay motivated to be a contributing member on the board. Baby steps. I want to get back to logging miles and setting goals and checking them off when completed. I have not done this in a very long time. It's time to get moving again.

2016-01-28 10:02 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Man I would be in the loony house if I weighed every day...I try and go at least a week as my weight is all over due to salt intake and workouts.

Last week I was only down a half pound which is disappointing for me at 234.5lbs. Well guess what, I weighed this morning at 230lbs. I am guessing last week was due to salt intake/water retention!

Good luck!

Originally posted by kjvandermolen #32 - 30 min run on the treadmill....
weight loss is still going....being home all day is rough on planning meals....for some reason it was a lot easier when I had to plan it out to take to work...but oh well. right now I am getting lots of swings...so I need to get more consistent in my day to day intakes....I was down like 2 pounds yesterday for the week...but then today I was only down .5....so we'll see.....

2016-01-28 10:05 AM
in reply to: Moonrocket

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Rocked the scale today hitting 230lbs!! Looks like I am going to break 230 before I am off on a mini holiday to Phoenix next week!

Going with 2 other couples. I have booked road bikes for my wife and I Friday to Monday...good for a minimum of 3 rides in the nice warm Phoenix sunshine.

This will be on top of some runs/hikes and probably quite a few beers! Good thing, I am off the alcohol until then!

Cheers,

2016-01-28 10:25 AM
in reply to: thor67

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Originally posted by thor67

Man I would be in the loony house if I weighed every day...

I find that weighing every day keeps me motivated (especially when I am really trying hard to drop pounds).  If I'm down, I don't want to screw it up.  If I'm up, I'm extra careful when eating.

2016-01-28 10:47 AM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by kevinbe

Better late than never?

Kevin

My day just got immeasurably better. I'm gonna crack a fruit beer in your honor!

2016-01-28 10:50 AM

User image

Expert

NAME: Kevin

STORY: Came from a wrestling background in HS/College/Army. Always ran. I got motivated after watching the bigges loser and watching the contestants run marathons. I ran my first in 2009. I did 4 more over the course of 3 years. I completed a HIM and was on my way to IM training when my calf got injured. I'd take time off, and start up again, but it wouldn't go away. I took over a year off, and tried to get going, but to no avail. So here we are in 2016, and I haven't trained or ran an event in over 3 years. I used to frequent the BDAS for insight and comradere, and to share my disdain of fruity alcohols, now I'm a lost sorts just trying to get back up again!

FAMILY STATUS: Maried to Sarah for 13 years.

CURRENT TRAINING: I ran for a period of 3 weeks back in November, but then December came, and I got lost again. Was thinking about doing a 50K in April, but will have to push that out again.

2015 RACES: None

The Plan for 2016:

April: Spokane river run 25K
May: Lilac Bloomsday 12K
May: Windermere marathon
June-September: OPEN
October: Spokane Marathon

BEER/WINE/BOOZE PREFERENCE: All about hoppy IPA's and Ale's. I have expanded my pallete to include Belguin's, Stout's, Barleywine's and everything else. However, I don't think I'd drink a blueberry ale or anything like that. I'm a fan of Bushmills, Jamison, and Pendleton.

WEIGHT LOSS: I'm down to 202. Started at 212 last month. I have been eliminating bread out of my diet along with sugars. cut my imbibing down to Monday's only as a "cheat" day. I play hockey on Monday nights, so it's nice to have a beer or 2 after the game.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD BDAS MEMBER: If I can sustain more than 2 weeks of activity, I will stay motivated to be a contributing member on the board. Baby steps. I want to get back to logging miles and setting goals and checking them off when completed. I have not done this in a very long time. It's time to get moving again.

Kevin: Seriously - so glad to have you back. If you don't post a couple of times a week, I'll drive out there and force you to drink a few fruit beers. So make it happen. Love the fact that you've got two Marys on the schedule. Are you gonna try to break your 3:32 PR?
2016-01-28 9:15 PM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

Kevin: Seriously - so glad to have you back. If you don't post a couple of times a week, I'll drive out there and force you to drink a few fruit beers. So make it happen. Love the fact that you've got two Marys on the schedule. Are you gonna try to break your 3:32 PR?

Baby steps DQ. I think I'll strive to finish this year. Set a baseline. 3:32 may have been a time for the past. I may struggle to break 4.

Thanks for the kind words

Kevin
2016-01-28 9:17 PM
in reply to: thor67

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Originally posted by thor67

They let you play hockey with bobskates? haha

Down with fruit beers!

Good to have you back Kevin!

[

Let's go Blackhawks!

Glad to be back, Thor. This time I'll stick around for a while!

Kevin
2016-01-28 10:14 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
#1 in the books. Raining here at 5:45 this am. Reminds me why I LOVE running in the winter so much. Brisk 35 degrees with drizzle. If you can't get motivated for that, you won't go out and get it done! 2.4 miles down.

Training goals: build mileage back up to marathon
I'm going to run 3 times per week for this training plan with 1 recovery/repeat of long run on Mondays. followed by intermediate interval run on Thursday, Then slow long run on the weekend. + ice hockey on Monday nights.

Weight goal:
Short term get below 200
Intermediate: below 180
Long term is to maintain at 165

Current weight is 202 down from 212 in December

Kevin

Edited by kevinbe 2016-01-28 10:15 PM
2016-01-29 1:14 AM

User image

, California

Originally posted by Tavo2311

23/24 with a morning swim and evening run today.

Btw anyone starting to think of February challenge?

Matt

Matt - What would you like it to be?

I'm not very creative, hence relying on the group for some ideas!!

I would normally be OK with a 29 workouts challenge for February, except my February = I have a family member visiting from the US, I have a family vacation, I have a short business trip, and then I have my senior bosses making their work trip here from the US. February is going to be a very tough month to stay on track. Hate to sound defeatist, but I will almost definitely not be hitting 29 next month. I don't mean to discourage others, I think it will be fun to watch, so please go ahead without me and I will be looking forward to the March challenge!

2016-01-29 1:54 AM
in reply to: Tavo2311

User image

New user
Madrid
Dave, sorry to hear about what happened at school - wish good teachers who care not only about contents but about behavior would be the promoted ones. Hope good opportunities will come soon, your country is very good at that.

Terrible week with too much traveling (Portugal, India) so just 1 day treadmill running at the hotel and 1 spinning class.... BUT next Monday is Feb 1st and my HIM 16 week plan starts, so absolutely ready to not miss a single workout!

Juan
2016-01-29 10:04 AM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Off to a good start this week with a 45 minute trainer ride yesterday and an hour this morning; will get in a short treadmill run at lunch.  Pool is open but we're going to wait until tomorrow to venture that far.

I shoveled for like 3-4 hours total over the weekend - you bet your a$$ I put it in my training log.

Nice work Mike! Those hours shoveling might be your best training this month! The calories burned = a reward beer!

You're probably right; I was totally cooked by Sunday night and I went to be at like 8:30.  :-)

2016-01-29 10:06 AM
in reply to: Moonrocket

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by Moonrocket I'm sorry DQ- harness the energy! I'm two days no workouts - but the upside is with food poisoning I am below my Jan weight goal.

It's the greatest way to start a weight loss program! 

2016-01-29 10:09 AM
in reply to: Juancho

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by Juancho Dave, sorry to hear about what happened at school - wish good teachers who care not only about contents but about behavior would be the promoted ones. Hope good opportunities will come soon, your country is very good at that. Terrible week with too much traveling (Portugal, India) so just 1 day treadmill running at the hotel and 1 spinning class.... BUT next Monday is Feb 1st and my HIM 16 week plan starts, so absolutely ready to not miss a single workout! Juan

I'm with you!  January was "get back into a groove", February is "train like you mean it".

Traveling is always a bear- just make the best of what you have and it seems like you did that.  Portugal doesn't seem so bad from Madrid but geez, INDIA!!

2016-01-29 10:12 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Got a good trainer session in this morning:

https://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/3061410-Jane-Bald

That's a tough little workout and it hits everything - my sprinting is uh, not very good right now. 

I'm thinking my FTP is really too high right now; I set that almost a year ago following a bike build - probably should drop it so I can at least hit the damn targets.

2016-01-29 10:16 AM
in reply to: Tavo2311

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by Tavo2311
Originally posted by Tavo2311 23/24 with a morning swim and evening run today. Btw anyone starting to think of February challenge? Matt
Matt - What would you like it to be?
I'm not very creative, hence relying on the group for some ideas!! I would normally be OK with a 29 workouts challenge for February, except my February = I have a family member visiting from the US, I have a family vacation, I have a short business trip, and then I have my senior bosses making their work trip here from the US. February is going to be a very tough month to stay on track. Hate to sound defeatist, but I will almost definitely not be hitting 29 next month. I don't mean to discourage others, I think it will be fun to watch, so please go ahead without me and I will be looking forward to the March challenge!

A few fun challenges to think about:

• the "+1" challenge - take whatever your training plans says for a sport and add another session each week (e.g. you're scheduled for 3 swims, do 4 instead)
  • the core challenge  - do 10 minutes of core work every day (I did this for like 75 days a couple of summers ago and it changed my body - of course I didn't keep it up but it does get easier to get back into it)
  • the "work your weakness" challenge - focus the next four weeks on your weakest discipline (I don't like this one as it makes me swim LOL)
2016-01-29 1:12 PM

User image

Wakefield, Massachusetts

We finally got a plumber out to take a look at the busted pipes - 6 hours later he'd replaced 14 different sections that were broken. Let this be a very expensive lesson in properly preparing your garage for winter, kids.

On the bright side, while waiting for him to finish I was able to get in a good trainer ride. With a run at lunch I was able to close out my (very modest) goals for the week. Next week I will add ambition back to the plan!

Tonight after work I have a 3 hour Intro to Rock Climbing lesson at the local gym. My daughter seems interested, and I figured I'd learn too so I can at least belay her. I expect to be sore tomorrow...

2016-01-29 2:54 PM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

A few fun challenges to think about:

• the "+1" challenge - take whatever your training plans says for a sport and add another session each week (e.g. you're scheduled for 3 swims, do 4 instead)
  • the core challenge  - do 10 minutes of core work every day (I did this for like 75 days a couple of summers ago and it changed my body - of course I didn't keep it up but it does get easier to get back into it)
  • the "work your weakness" challenge - focus the next four weeks on your weakest discipline (I don't like this one as it makes me swim LOL)

Mike - I like how you think! So what does the group want to do? Vote now.

PS- I also like the February weight loss challenge that Thor mentioned where we put our weights and goal weights for the month in the signature line and I also want to challenge everyone to leave at least one inspire per day for the month of February. We've gotta make supporting one another a priority
2016-01-29 2:56 PM
in reply to: Fourteenkittens

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Fourteenkittens

We finally got a plumber out to take a look at the busted pipes - 6 hours later he'd replaced 14 different sections that were broken. Let this be a very expensive lesson in properly preparing your garage for winter, kids.

On the bright side, while waiting for him to finish I was able to get in a good trainer ride. With a run at lunch I was able to close out my (very modest) goals for the week. Next week I will add ambition back to the plan!

Tonight after work I have a 3 hour Intro to Rock Climbing lesson at the local gym. My daughter seems interested, and I figured I'd learn too so I can at least belay her. I expect to be sore tomorrow...

Dennis - You can tell me to "pipe down" but I'm proud of you for getting that ride in while the plumber was there

Enjoy the time with your daughter!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS) - Open Rss Feed  

of 118

RELATED POSTS

1st timers & itching for the podium group - TZCoaching - OPEN Pages: 1 2

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 6420 Posts: 31

2017-01-10 8:31 PM TonyMax

Jim Kelley's (aka Birkierunner) General and Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 17674 Posts: 191

2016-08-16 2:40 AM bfaridnia

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.