BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS) - Open Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 118

2016-07-21 9:22 AM
in reply to: #5191895

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS) - Open
Jenn--ouch! Hope you're ok!

Day #1 of taper is a rest day! Slept in until a whopping 8:15am ( summer is awesome)! Right now enjoying breakfast and a relaxed cup of coffee--something I've missed with tons of early morning workouts.

2016-07-21 9:41 AM
in reply to: aviatrix802

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by aviatrix802 Hill repeats on Vader early this morning. Felt productive. Pulled in the driveway a bit too fast and hit the break while un clipping - just had the cable tightened yesterday...doh...and I took a whipper off the bike because I'm just that talented. ...came down on the bar so hard..so thankful I'm not a guy right now. TMI?

I once crashed into the trash cans at the top of my driveway trying to unclip - thankfully they were plastic and had grass under them. 

The funny thing is how slowly it all happened, like "TIMMMMMMBBBBBEEERRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Glad you're OK and laughing about it.

2016-07-21 11:22 AM
in reply to: jmhpsu93

User image

, Vermont
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by aviatrix802 Hill repeats on Vader early this morning. Felt productive. Pulled in the driveway a bit too fast and hit the break while un clipping - just had the cable tightened yesterday...doh...and I took a whipper off the bike because I'm just that talented. ...came down on the bar so hard..so thankful I'm not a guy right now. TMI?

I once crashed into the trash cans at the top of my driveway trying to unclip - thankfully they were plastic and had grass under them. 

The funny thing is how slowly it all happened, like "TIMMMMMMBBBBBEEERRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Glad you're OK and laughing about it.

hahaha, that's awesome! Hopefully you didn't have seafood the night before...could have been a very stinky crash!
2016-07-21 11:24 AM

User image

, Vermont
Room is finally booked!! Slopeside condo in Tremblant....yes, DQ, I will have to trudge up the hill if the gondolas aren't close enough. At least there's a pool for the kids and a kitchenette for my sis-in-law and I to make food.
Getting nervous, it's getting real..
2016-07-22 7:31 AM

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Originally posted by aviatrix802

Room is finally booked!! Slopeside condo in Tremblant....yes, DQ, I will have to trudge up the hill if the gondolas aren't close enough. At least there's a pool for the kids and a kitchenette for my sis-in-law and I to make food.
Getting nervous, it's getting real..

Jenn--you are going to do great! Amazing how booking a room is the thing that finally makes it real--you would think that registration would be that thing, but I'm the same way. It isn't real until you book someplace to sleep. Which reminds me, need to call and confirm my hotel for next weekend!
2016-07-22 7:33 AM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Nice, easy 1300m in the pool this morning. The whole gym was D-E-A-D this morning, with no one in the cardio room and only seven people in masters swim. Coach didn't even show up today (he's on vacation)!

Yesterday I spent most of the day relaxing and cooking. I have to have something to do with all my time, so why not cook? Is there such a thing as the taper 20, like the freshman 15?

2016-07-22 10:45 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
I had a rough bike ride! I was just out of gas and I only finished 35 of my planned 60. It seemed like everything hurt - my shoulder, my knee, my saddle sores. I was just happy to make it home.

Next time.

Edited by Qua17 2016-07-22 10:45 AM
2016-07-22 1:06 PM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by Qua17 I had a rough bike ride! I was just out of gas and I only finished 35 of my planned 60. It seemed like everything hurt - my shoulder, my knee, my saddle sores. I was just happy to make it home. Next time.

Well, we all have crappy days out there, right?  At least you got a couple of hours in.  That's more than probably 99.5% of Americans, so think of it that way! 

2016-07-22 1:10 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

I've been cycling on the trainer and swimming about a mile for the past four days.  The prednisone took off the edge so I've been able to resume normal activities (like not walking around like Fred Sanford, for instance).

Went to my spine doc...same old story - I'm a perfect candidate for successful fusion surgery because of my physical conditioning and dedication to getting better, which is also why he doesn't want to operate until we need to.  We're going to give it a couple of weeks to see if it subsides, so no running for now.  Glad I didn't pull the trigger on those two races in September LOL!! 

2016-07-22 1:11 PM

User image

Expert
Middle River, Maryland
Silver member

Originally posted by drfoodlove
Originally posted by aviatrix802 Room is finally booked!! Slopeside condo in Tremblant....yes, DQ, I will have to trudge up the hill if the gondolas aren't close enough. At least there's a pool for the kids and a kitchenette for my sis-in-law and I to make food. Getting nervous, it's getting real..
Jenn--you are going to do great! Amazing how booking a room is the thing that finally makes it real--you would think that registration would be that thing, but I'm the same way. It isn't real until you book someplace to sleep. Which reminds me, need to call and confirm my hotel for next weekend!

Geez, I would've thought that plunking down $700 for a race would make it real. 

2016-07-22 3:32 PM

User image

DeLand, Florida
Originally posted by Qua17

I raced this weekend with John Giza at a local Father's Day 5 and 10K. I'm proud to report that he PR'd the course. I on the other hand, for the vast majority of the race, was DFL. No excuses - I just don't carry my 240 LBs well. So with 4 miles today, I started pushing the pace and made a few passes and camd upon a 10 year old (lauren) who was doing her first 10k. She was doing great - and we struck up a conversation "I'm a 4th grader" "I'm a 6th grade teacher. Wouldn't it be great to beat a teacher?" Etc. At the 6 mile mark, the poor girl ran out of gas and stopped running. I got the people on the sidewalks to chant her name and she stayed just a few feet in front of me. Some guy jumped out of the crowd and paced her towards the finish line. It was awesome. The entire crowd was cheering for her.

I wasn't going to let her win so with about 100 yards - I started to sprint towards the line and to this girls credit she kicked it in and finished just in front of me. It was an awesome accomplishment. She came over later and told me that she couldn't of done it without me and I've got to say that made my fathers day. I was so proud of her and I hope her winning - and she did win, I really tried - will help create a life long runner.

I - on the other hand - managed to pull my right achilles again. God, I've got to lose the weight... It's killing me.

Ok I know I'm waaaay behind, and I have no excuse. Just needed to chime in on this - it was awesome racing with you Dave as always!

And thanks again for hanging out with Lauren. The funny coincidence is she is the daughter of one of my sister's best friends. So there I am hanging out post race with my sis and her whole family (who all ran), then Dave comes by, then he sees Lauren, and my sis is talking to Lauren's mom, and it was just this whole crazy coincidence that could only happen on such a family oriented type race. Best part of my Father's Day! Well that and taking post race pics with my little one :

(IMG_1457.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_1457.JPG (374KB - 2 downloads)

2016-07-22 4:18 PM
in reply to: #5158366

User image

Wakefield, Massachusetts
Just shy of 100 degrees today, which makes me glad I only train for sprints and full IM distance like the rest of you. 6 miles on the bike was quite enough, thank you very much. Now off to pick up my son from daycare, and then maybe pizza and some beer on the back patio (the girls are off visiting grandma this weekend).
2016-07-22 4:40 PM
in reply to: #5192152

User image

, Vermont
Random: IM Lake Placid is tomorrow.. Temps look good at 73 but calling for 50% chance of thunderstorms. Gusty winds and small hail....
My thoughts and prayers are with them!!!
2016-07-22 4:56 PM
in reply to: #5192158

User image

, Vermont
11,300 yds in the pool this week so far.
Took running off today - irritated inside left ankle just above the ankle bone and slightly back of it - Achilles area - doing speed work. Will try it after my long bike tomorrow - (weather pending on the bike - hail, etc..)
2016-07-22 5:04 PM
in reply to: #5192163

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
11,300 yds! Wow!!

Suffered through 2:15 on the trainer. It is storming here today, which is actually fortunate, cause otherwise I'd be outside in 100+F temps.
2016-07-23 3:14 AM

User image

New user
Madrid
You just did twice as much as I did, so looking good!

Juan

I had a rough bike ride! I was just out of gas and I only finished 35 of my planned 60. It seemed like everything hurt - my shoulder, my knee, my saddle sores. I was just happy to make it home.

Next time.

2016-07-23 3:15 AM

User image

New user
Madrid
I am even learning English here with the urbandictionary.com (TMI?? now I know!)

Juan
2016-07-23 3:17 AM

User image

New user
Madrid
Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by aviatrix802 Room is finally booked!! Slopeside condo in Tremblant....yes, DQ, I will have to trudge up the hill if the gondolas aren't close enough. At least there's a pool for the kids and a kitchenette for my sis-in-law and I to make food. Getting nervous, it's getting real..

Geez, I would've thought that plunking down $700 for a race would make it real. 

Fully agree Mike: you pay the registration and always have the feeling that may be I will need to cancel, but hey, once you pay the hotel, then is when the chills come and the stomach ache!

Juan
2016-07-23 3:18 AM

User image

New user
Madrid

Took running off today - irritated inside left ankle just above the ankle bone and slightly back of it - Achilles area - doing speed work. Will try it after my long bike tomorrow - (weather pending on the bike - hail, etc..)

Impressive swim!!
2016-07-23 3:19 AM
in reply to: firebert

User image

New user
Madrid
Originally posted by firebert

I raced this weekend with John Giza at a local Father's Day 5 and 10K. I'm proud to report that he PR'd the course. I on the other hand, for the vast majority of the race, was DFL. No excuses - I just don't carry my 240 LBs well. So with 4 miles today, I started pushing the pace and made a few passes and camd upon a 10 year old (lauren) who was doing her first 10k. She was doing great - and we struck up a conversation "I'm a 4th grader" "I'm a 6th grade teacher. Wouldn't it be great to beat a teacher?" Etc. At the 6 mile mark, the poor girl ran out of gas and stopped running. I got the people on the sidewalks to chant her name and she stayed just a few feet in front of me. Some guy jumped out of the crowd and paced her towards the finish line. It was awesome. The entire crowd was cheering for her.

I wasn't going to let her win so with about 100 yards - I started to sprint towards the line and to this girls credit she kicked it in and finished just in front of me. It was an awesome accomplishment. She came over later and told me that she couldn't of done it without me and I've got to say that made my fathers day. I was so proud of her and I hope her winning - and she did win, I really tried - will help create a life long runner.

I - on the other hand - managed to pull my right achilles again. God, I've got to lose the weight... It's killing me.

Ok I know I'm waaaay behind, and I have no excuse. Just needed to chime in on this - it was awesome racing with you Dave as always!

And thanks again for hanging out with Lauren. The funny coincidence is she is the daughter of one of my sister's best friends. So there I am hanging out post race with my sis and her whole family (who all ran), then Dave comes by, then he sees Lauren, and my sis is talking to Lauren's mom, and it was just this whole crazy coincidence that could only happen on such a family oriented type race. Best part of my Father's Day! Well that and taking post race pics with my little one :

Happiest and proudest father on earth, cool picture!!

Juan
2016-07-23 3:21 AM
in reply to: Fourteenkittens

User image

New user
Madrid
Originally posted by Fourteenkittens

Just shy of 100 degrees today, which makes me glad I only train for sprints and full IM distance like the rest of you. 6 miles on the bike was quite enough, thank you very much. Now off to pick up my son from daycare, and then maybe pizza and some beer on the back patio (the girls are off visiting grandma this weekend).

Sound great: bike and beer/pizza, the gym and the ñam! Enjoy the weekend!

2016-07-23 7:39 AM
in reply to: firebert

User image

Expert
Originally posted by firebert

Wow - what a small world. Lauren was awesome that day and I loved how the crowd cheered her in (and helped her to beat me) when she was ready to walk about 200 yards from the finish line. I would imagine that it won't be to long before she ends up beating us both!

As for racing with you - we should find another race to do!
2016-07-23 7:42 AM

User image

Expert

That's awesome! You are gonna love swimming in the lake at Tremblant - watching the sun rise over the mountain is breathtaking. So jealous!
2016-07-23 7:47 AM

User image

Expert

11,300 yds! Wow!!

Suffered through 2:15 on the trainer. It is storming here today, which is actually fortunate, cause otherwise I'd be outside in 100+F temps.

You probably got a better workout on the trainer! Nice job avoiding the heat!
2016-07-23 7:59 AM
in reply to: Fourteenkittens

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Fourteenkittens

I'm up in Michigan and temps are still supposed to be in the 90's.... so I guess that's good. But I'm jealous of the kid free time.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society (BDAS) - Open Rss Feed  

of 118

RELATED POSTS

1st timers & itching for the podium group - TZCoaching - OPEN Pages: 1 2

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 6397 Posts: 31

2017-01-10 8:31 PM TonyMax

Jim Kelley's (aka Birkierunner) General and Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 17595 Posts: 191

2016-08-16 2:40 AM bfaridnia

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.