General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman Training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-06-14 9:48 AM

Subject: Ironman Training
Anyone else doing Ironman Chattanooga??

I started training for this Ironman, which will be my first full, in December but really kicked it up a notch in the last month or so. I was a competitive swimmer for 15 years so biking and running are the most important disciplines for me to work on. I swim with a Masters group at Lifetime but generally bike and run on my own. I thought it would be nice to start running and biking with a group so if anyone is close to the Royal Oak/Troy area and wants to start training together, let me know!

Lauren

2016-06-17 6:37 AM
in reply to: Lkalinosky

User image

Veteran
Berkley
Subject: RE: Ironman Training
Hi Lauren,

I'm in Berkley and racing at IM Louisville (Oct). I do most of my swimming at Berkley High School, although I'm looking for a swim place since they are renovating their pool over the summer, I may swim at Royal Oak Middle School. I typically train on my bike trainer since the roads here are pretty crappy, but I do hit up Island Lake a few times a month for good open water/bike/run training.

Update - Swam at Royal Oak Middle School for their lap swim and their pool is amazing!
2016-06-20 7:54 AM
in reply to: deboerkj

I will have to try RO middle school out. I'm assuming you are just swimming on your own during open swim hours?
I can totally back you up on the roads around here...thought it would be smart to get outside last week for the first time in a while (I also prefer my indoor trainer) and within the first 6 miles, I got caught in a pothole and had a flat. Not pleasant at all.
2016-06-23 7:35 AM
in reply to: Lkalinosky

User image

Veteran
Berkley
Yeah I swim solo during most of my swims. I may "race" the people in the other lanes to keep me going, but I make my own work out plans and follow that instead of just swimming mindlessly. I swim Tuesdays and Thursdays around 7:30p. I'm sorry you got a flat, these roads are just awful. I may be planning an Island Lake workout day in the near future.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman Training Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Recommended Ironman Training Plans/Books

Started by joematt
Views: 1367 Posts: 2

2012-10-08 2:55 PM Zero2Athlete

ANYONE DOING IRONMAN CDA 2011? NEED TRAINING BUDDY

Started by jennykyria
Views: 2341 Posts: 6

2010-09-09 6:56 PM jennykyria

Michigan IRONMAN checking in

Started by m-mcclain
Views: 2772 Posts: 17

2013-09-15 3:59 AM SpartyTri

Ironman Registration

Started by m-mcclain
Views: 853 Posts: 2

2007-06-23 4:47 PM davhamm

Racing for Recovery Triathlon - Half Ironman

Started by BrianSusan
Views: 1694 Posts: 7

2007-06-07 5:11 AM m-mcclain
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 31, 2016
author : CPesson
comments : 0
Triathlete credits BeginnerTriathlete with keeping him on track

date : October 13, 2009
I signed up for Ironman Frankfurt, next year July - and I am very excited about it. I originally planned to run my first Marathon in the middle of September, but am not sure if this is wise.
date : July 7, 2009
author : qt2systems
comments : 1
In this first part of Training for an Ironman, Jesse Kropelnicki will discuss some Ironman training plan periodization fundamentals.

date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.
date : November 29, 2007
author : NDeBoom
Our members chat with Nicole DeBoom on Ironman nutrition strategy, Ironman training philosophy, off-season focus, her 'secret' IM food, favorite races, and her new clothing line and race series.

date : November 7, 2006
author : mikericci
Training our bodies to work efficiently in Zone 2 will help us keep our HR and pace even throughout an Ironman. This theory would hold true for the bike and run portion of an Ironman race.
date : April 3, 2005
author : sherrick
comments : 19
This training plan is written to prepare you for your first Ironman. While just a beginner’s plan, the hours per week start at a significant 8 hours.

date : August 30, 2004
author : sherrick
comments : 40
This half Ironman plan covers many weeks of challenging, but attainable training for someone who has some endurance experience, and ideally some Olympic distance races within the past season.