BT Development Mentor Program Archives » More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 102

2017-02-06 4:42 PM
in reply to: brigby1

Master
Northern IL
Subject: RE: More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed

Well running seems to be ok at least. Half an hour in without any issues. Also with running, two days ago it was ~14F out. Today it was 53F. With just basic running gear on it started to feel like that dream of forgetting pants.

2017-02-06 4:57 PM

User image

Katy, Texas
Good deal, glad your back was ok.

It's going to be 81 here tomorrow and 86 Wednesday. wtf
2017-02-06 6:51 PM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Oh man I so want to poke my eyes out with a pen right now. Sitting in an internet meeting discussing the merger of 2 of our software suppliers and how that is going to affect their operations.
Did someone say something about Mondayitis? mine has spilled across to Tuesday.
2017-02-06 9:50 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by rrrunner

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by jmhpsu93

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by rrrunner

2017 Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga presented by: McKee A Family Bakery

Congratulations! You are now registered for the 2017 Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga presented by: McKee A Family Bakery. Please check the event's official website for updates: ironman.com/chattanooga

Race Date: September 24, 2017

Woo hoo!

It's real now. 

No kidding, you hit that final button and it's like, "OMG! WHAT HAVE I DONE!"

It just got real-er  I booked the hotel

Awesome!!! We were talking about this one but I think we'll go with something before Labor day 2018. I would like the irony of finisher gear that says little Debbie lol!

Any way to go J!!
2017-02-07 7:23 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by StaceyK Oh man I so want to poke my eyes out with a pen right now. Sitting in an internet meeting discussing the merger of 2 of our software suppliers and how that is going to affect their operations. Did someone say something about Mondayitis? mine has spilled across to Tuesday.

Excitement getting to you???? Put down the sharp objects.

2017-02-07 7:24 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by brigby1

Well running seems to be ok at least. Half an hour in without any issues. Also with running, two days ago it was ~14F out. Today it was 53F. With just basic running gear on it started to feel like that dream of forgetting pants.

The back can be a fickle item indeed. I hope things settle into place.

Always remember your pants.

2017-02-07 8:26 AM

User image

Smithtown, New York
For the past week and a half or so I had a mysteriously sprained ankle, probably from wear n tear and too much standing at school! Despite being injured I had some of my best cycling workouts that are now finally on BT! Ironically I injured it the day when my doctor told my my talus and calcaneus are fusing o.0. Now I gotta go to PT and if I need surgery it's thankfully a minor procedure. Best part is I don't have to cancel my season though I'll probably need to get a market insurance or go on medicaid
2017-02-07 9:19 AM
in reply to: Rileyvb91

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Rileyvb91 For the past week and a half or so I had a mysteriously sprained ankle, probably from wear n tear and too much standing at school! Despite being injured I had some of my best cycling workouts that are now finally on BT! Ironically I injured it the day when my doctor told my my talus and calcaneus are fusing o.0. Now I gotta go to PT and if I need surgery it's thankfully a minor procedure. Best part is I don't have to cancel my season though I'll probably need to get a market insurance or go on medicaid

Wow, what is causing your foot bones to start fusing together?  That's a bit scary!  Meanwhile, take care of that sprain - glad to hear it's not holding you back on the bike!

2017-02-07 9:40 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Happy Tuesday everyone, although it sounds like this week's off to a rough start for some of you! Spilling protein shakes (been there, it sucks), company mergers and bones fusing...what a cheerful group, haha.

I wanted to report that I'm back from Houston and as you hopefully all know, was fortunate to witness the game of a lifetime. I easily put on a few lbs and need to get back to working out ASAP, but I'm still on a big high from the weekend. I hope you all had fun and ate/drank more than you should have too.
2017-02-07 9:41 AM
in reply to: TXTriRook

User image

Originally posted by TXTriRook

Happy Tuesday everyone, although it sounds like this week's off to a rough start for some of you! Spilling protein shakes (been there, it sucks), company mergers and bones fusing...what a cheerful group, haha.

I wanted to report that I'm back from Houston and as you hopefully all know, was fortunate to witness the game of a lifetime. I easily put on a few lbs and need to get back to working out ASAP, but I'm still on a big high from the weekend. I hope you all had fun and ate/drank more than you should have too.

(Superbowl2.jpg)

(Superbowl1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Superbowl2.jpg (136KB - 3 downloads)
Superbowl1.jpg (173KB - 3 downloads)
2017-02-07 10:15 AM

User image

Katy, Texas

Nice!! Congrats to you and McManatee on the amazing comeback win!!

2017-02-07 10:16 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Originally posted by TXTriRook Happy Tuesday everyone, although it sounds like this week's off to a rough start for some of you! Spilling protein shakes (been there, it sucks), company mergers and bones fusing...what a cheerful group, haha. I wanted to report that I'm back from Houston and as you hopefully all know, was fortunate to witness the game of a lifetime. I easily put on a few lbs and need to get back to working out ASAP, but I'm still on a big high from the weekend. I hope you all had fun and ate/drank more than you should have too.

How exciting! Definitely a good high for a while now  

2017-02-07 11:11 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Smithtown, New York
Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by Rileyvb91 For the past week and a half or so I had a mysteriously sprained ankle, probably from wear n tear and too much standing at school! Despite being injured I had some of my best cycling workouts that are now finally on BT! Ironically I injured it the day when my doctor told my my talus and calcaneus are fusing o.0. Now I gotta go to PT and if I need surgery it's thankfully a minor procedure. Best part is I don't have to cancel my season though I'll probably need to get a market insurance or go on medicaid

Wow, what is causing your foot bones to start fusing together?  That's a bit scary!  Meanwhile, take care of that sprain - glad to hear it's not holding you back on the bike!

Doctor said it's a long term kind of injury, she said it's why I had ankle pain long runs walks and just standing around. The sprain is a more recent thing since I've been running more than I'm used to lol. She told me if I didn't seek treatment in the long run I could possibly not be able to run when I'm older
2017-02-07 3:25 PM

User image

Expert

Noting compares to getting to see a game like that live. No matter which side you were on, it was worth seeing. The experience must have been incredible.
2017-02-07 3:33 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Expert
It is desavue all over again at my house. On Feb 14 of last year my Mom went into the nursing home where my wife works and my Dad moved in with us. On Thursday my mother in law goes into the nursing home where my wife works and my father in law moves in with us. Thankfully the issues aren't as severe and I don't think the situation is permanent, and hopefully has a better ending. She will be going for occupational and physical therapy, so it should be just a month or so.
2017-02-07 4:01 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by JBacarella It is desavue all over again at my house. On Feb 14 of last year my Mom went into the nursing home where my wife works and my Dad moved in with us. On Thursday my mother in law goes into the nursing home where my wife works and my father in law moves in with us. Thankfully the issues aren't as severe and I don't think the situation is permanent, and hopefully has a better ending. She will be going for occupational and physical therapy, so it should be just a month or so.

Prayers for you all for good health and a smooth transition

2017-02-07 4:39 PM

User image

Smithtown, New York

That was one hell of a game and I had my best ride of the year this weekend so it's not all doom n gloom
2017-02-07 7:32 PM
in reply to: Rileyvb91

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by Rileyvb91

That was one hell of a game and I had my best ride of the year this weekend so it's not all doom n gloom
And Wednesday is off to a better start here than the rest of the week has been so things are looking up
2017-02-07 9:55 PM
in reply to: #5208007

User image

Ugh! My bike keeps falling off the trainer. I already worked 11 hours and am getting a late start but instead of calling it I am on the spin bike.
2017-02-08 3:03 AM
in reply to: bmarsh8386

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Having one of "those weeks" here, too. Not sure if I was actually getting sick at the training camp, but I am sick now. Have been sick since Sunday. How can that much crap be in anyone's respiratory system? Ugh. Plus chills, muscle aches, etc. whenever I get too ambitious and try to actually do something. (We're not talking training here. Like going to the store, paying the cable bill, or fixing dinner.) Supposed to race this Sunday in Singapore but if I don't see substantial improvement by Friday, am going to need to pull the plug on that.
2017-02-08 9:14 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Hot Runner

Having one of "those weeks" here, too. Not sure if I was actually getting sick at the training camp, but I am sick now. Have been sick since Sunday. How can that much crap be in anyone's respiratory system? Ugh. Plus chills, muscle aches, etc. whenever I get too ambitious and try to actually do something. (We're not talking training here. Like going to the store, paying the cable bill, or fixing dinner.) Supposed to race this Sunday in Singapore but if I don't see substantial improvement by Friday, am going to need to pull the plug on that.

Sounds like influenza A. You need to lay low and get healthy.

2017-02-08 9:55 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by Hot Runner

ugh, sorry to hear that. i'd go ahead and pull the plug if I was you.
2017-02-08 10:15 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by JBacarella It is desavue all over again at my house. On Feb 14 of last year my Mom went into the nursing home where my wife works and my Dad moved in with us. On Thursday my mother in law goes into the nursing home where my wife works and my father in law moves in with us. Thankfully the issues aren't as severe and I don't think the situation is permanent, and hopefully has a better ending. She will be going for occupational and physical therapy, so it should be just a month or so.

Wow, crazy the timing on this, so close to the timing of your parents changing living situations just a year ago.  Sending good wishes and speedy healing to your MIL and your family.

2017-02-08 10:16 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Hot Runner Having one of "those weeks" here, too. Not sure if I was actually getting sick at the training camp, but I am sick now. Have been sick since Sunday. How can that much crap be in anyone's respiratory system? Ugh. Plus chills, muscle aches, etc. whenever I get too ambitious and try to actually do something. (We're not talking training here. Like going to the store, paying the cable bill, or fixing dinner.) Supposed to race this Sunday in Singapore but if I don't see substantial improvement by Friday, am going to need to pull the plug on that.

That sounds awful.  It sounds like not racing would be a stellar idea.  Rest and get better soon!

2017-02-08 10:38 AM
in reply to: bmarsh8386

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by bmarsh8386 Ugh! My bike keeps falling off the trainer. I already worked 11 hours and am getting a late start but instead of calling it I am on the spin bike.

How in the world is your bike falling off the trainer?!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » More Manatee Mayhem - 2017 Edition - Closed Rss Feed  

of 102