Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2007-10-13 2:57 PM
in reply to: #1006141

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Subject: RE: Winning with WW - 10/7 - 10/13

LOL - yep, scribble it - just to make sure that you don't forget to write it down - silly, I know

I'm headed to San Fran tomorrow - my flight leaves at 12 pm CT and I arrive in SF at 3 something PT

I love California, but I always get so screwed up from a body clock standpoint - maybe I just need to move there, hmmmmmmm, there's a thought.............only 5 years 'til my youngest graduates from college, hmmmmmmmmm

Wish me luck from a Weight management standpoint - it's one of those situations where there will be lots of food - and no options for choosing - I will be happy if I maintain.

I'm still trying to figure out what the situation is relative to workout facilities at the hotel I'll be staying at.  As far as I can tell, I'm going to have to pay extra to use it - I just hate that!  I wonder if they'll let me check it out b4 I put out the $$

On a side note - went and had a facial today - ohhhhhhhhh, it felt so good!  so relaxing, just what I needed after last week!

2007-10-13 3:01 PM
in reply to: #1006523

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
lastcall2003 - 2007-10-13 2:57 PM

it's one of those situations where there will be lots of food - and no options for choosing - I will be happy if I maintain.

So, I just read my own post and had to give myself a little talking to - LOL

What am I saying - of course I have options for choosing, I may not be able to choose the menu items, but I can choose how much I eat and which part of the meal I eat. 

You guys are a fantastic influence!!

2007-10-13 9:55 PM
in reply to: #995252

User image

Expert
I'm a Tennessee girl living in SoCal.
Sounds like several of us are going to be facing a challenging week. I'll be in an off-site training class Tuesday - Thursday next week. Thursday evening I'm meeting a friend from Indiana who is in town for a few days for dinner. Friday morning I'll be leaving and heading up to Modesto for a weekend stitching retreat (one of my hobbies is needlepoint & cross stitching).

All of the meals for the retreat are provided and, since the name of the retreat is "Chocolat", I'm guessing there's going to be LOTS of chocolate goodies through the weekend. The good news is that I've already checked the hotel's website and they have both a fitness center and pool, so I'll definitely make sure to fit in some training time while I'm there.
2007-10-14 7:55 AM
in reply to: #1007047

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

BunnyB - 2007-10-13 9:55 PM Sounds like several of us are going to be facing a challenging week. I'll be in an off-site training class Tuesday - Thursday next week. Thursday evening I'm meeting a friend from Indiana who is in town for a few days for dinner. Friday morning I'll be leaving and heading up to Modesto for a weekend stitching retreat (one of my hobbies is needlepoint & cross stitching). All of the meals for the retreat are provided and, since the name of the retreat is "Chocolat", I'm guessing there's going to be LOTS of chocolate goodies through the weekend. The good news is that I've already checked the hotel's website and they have both a fitness center and pool, so I'll definitely make sure to fit in some training time while I'm there.

kudos to everyone who is facing a hard weel for putting thought toward how they are going to handle the tough situations!

this is a change from my last several trips where I was not focused on that at all!

2007-10-14 8:17 AM
in reply to: #1004408

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

" How does one become a butterfly? You want to fly so badly you're willing to give up being a caterpillar."

Good morning all,

The thought of the week is becoming butterflies - I just loved that Jana! My WW leader had the same quote posted in our meeting on Friday - do you think they talked?  LOLOL

I slightly changed the name of the thread. 

Given the great and supportive nature of this group, and the fact that WW is not for everyone (for different reasons), I thought we should maybe broaden the title a bit so people that aren't doing WW are welcome to post with us. 

We actually don't spend much time talking about the WW program itself, our posts are full of support, encouragement, and well, it's just a safe place to come talk about what's going on.

I still want to retain the fact that WW is what many of us have in common. 

I hope everyone is ok with that.  My thread title isn't very clever - sooooooooo, if anyone has any suggestions, send them my way!

The link for the new week is Here

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-10-14 8:19 AM
2007-10-14 11:54 PM
in reply to: #1006523

User image

Expert
Westchester County NY
lastcall2003 - 2007-10-13 3:57 PM

LOL - yep, scribble it - just to make sure that you don't forget to write it down - silly, I know

I'm headed to San Fran tomorrow - my flight leaves at 12 pm CT and I arrive in SF at 3 something PT

I love California, but I always get so screwed up from a body clock standpoint - maybe I just need to move there, hmmmmmmm, there's a thought.............only 5 years 'til my youngest graduates from college, hmmmmmmmmm

Wish me luck from a Weight management standpoint - it's one of those situations where there will be lots of food - and no options for choosing - I will be happy if I maintain.

I'm still trying to figure out what the situation is relative to workout facilities at the hotel I'll be staying at. As far as I can tell, I'm going to have to pay extra to use it - I just hate that! I wonder if they'll let me check it out b4 I put out the $$

On a side note - went and had a facial today - ohhhhhhhhh, it felt so good! so relaxing, just what I needed after last week!

Hi! I'm also in San Francisco, and the eating has been a disaster so far! I got here on Saturday, and we keep having really good food. I may have to have salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rest of the week.

Good thing I'm walking 26.2 miles next Sunday. LOL

PS. Weighed in on Friday.  I lost another 1.5. 

Edited by NYtrigal 2007-10-14 11:56 PM

2007-10-15 11:33 AM
in reply to: #1007978

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
NYtrigal - 2007-10-14 11:54 PM
lastcall2003 - 2007-10-13 3:57 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what the situation is relative to workout facilities at the hotel I'll be staying at. As far as I can tell, I'm going to have to pay extra to use it - I just hate that! I wonder if they'll let me check it out b4 I put out the $$

On a side note - went and had a facial today - ohhhhhhhhh, it felt so good! so relaxing, just what I needed after last week!

Hi! I'm also in San Francisco, and the eating has been a disaster so far! I got here on Saturday, and we keep having really good food. I may have to have salad for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rest of the week.

Good thing I'm walking 26.2 miles next Sunday. LOL

PS. Weighed in on Friday.  I lost another 1.5. 

How funny that we are both in San Fran.  Too bad we couldn't meet up.  After this morning, I'll be in meetings from morning to night -

Great job on the loss!  you must be super close to your goal now

I'm sure you will make up for the indulgences - it's really hard isn't it!

I ordered a cheeseburger last night and it was big enough to feed 3 people.  I was good though, I took just a little over a third and put the rest aside. :-)

Look for our newly named thread so you don't miss out on all the fun conversations!

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=93598

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Winning with WW - 10/7 - 10/13 Rss Feed  

of 4