General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open Water Practice In Dallas/Fort Worth - Which Lake? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2011-05-22 9:41 PM
in reply to: #3397360

New user

North Richland Hills
Subject: RE: Open Water Practice In Dallas/Fort Worth - Which Lake?
Is there anyone active in an open water group? I want to join or start up an Sat. open water swim group(Club). I am new to open water and have set some major goals in the open water swimming world (I am not a Tri- Athlete though). If interested please email me at: [email protected]

2011-05-27 4:32 PM

User image

Master
Denison Texas
No one at Texoma?
2011-06-01 4:20 PM

I'm interested in an OWS, new to OWS, and a new to triathlons.
2011-06-14 6:47 PM

Hello all. My name is Chris, and my girlfriend and I did our first sprint-tri this weekend, and it was like crack, so we want more!!! Right now we live in Lewisville, but are moving to Ft. Worth at the end of June. It looks like there is a swim group that swims in open water, Triple Threat Tough, Monday at 6:30pm in Lake Lewisville. I think next Monday evening I'll check that out .

If anybody is near the Ft. Worth area and wants to get together with my girlfriend and I, maybe we could make a small group. I'd like to go...but I'm too scared of unknown creatures to go alone! =)

To the guy who left his email address, I'll message you there to see if you have plans.

For anybody interested, I met a guy who said M and W there's a group at Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prarie at either 6 or 7 (6 I think) that meets at the Oasis. I forgot the website with the info, but remembered the time.

2011-06-15 8:41 AM
in reply to: #3549390

User image

Veteran
Colleyville, TX
cheath - 2011-06-14 6:47 PM

Hello all. My name is Chris, and my girlfriend and I did our first sprint-tri this weekend, and it was like crack, so we want more!!! Right now we live in Lewisville, but are moving to Ft. Worth at the end of June. It looks like there is a swim group that swims in open water, Triple Threat Tough, Monday at 6:30pm in Lake Lewisville. I think next Monday evening I'll check that out .

If anybody is near the Ft. Worth area and wants to get together with my girlfriend and I, maybe we could make a small group. I'd like to go...but I'm too scared of unknown creatures to go alone! =)

To the guy who left his email address, I'll message you there to see if you have plans.

For anybody interested, I met a guy who said M and W there's a group at Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prarie at either 6 or 7 (6 I think) that meets at the Oasis. I forgot the website with the info, but remembered the time.

Hey I'm interested, I'll PM you.

2011-06-15 6:59 PM
in reply to: #3550069

Regular
rdub - 2011-06-15 8:41 AM

I'm interested also...keep me in the loop I'm in Arlington so anything this side would be awesome!

2011-06-15 6:59 PM
in reply to: #3550069

Regular

I'm interested also...keep me in the loop I'm in Arlington so anything this side would be awesome!
2011-06-19 5:08 PM

I'm planning to go to Lewisville tomorrow for the 6:30 Pier 121 swim, but I'm as bad as the worst of them with directions. Are you guys easy to find? Should I go all the way in to where the docks and boats appear to be (per Google earth), or should I stay out near some entry gate that appears to be way out there on E. Hill Park Rd.? Anybody wanna offer up a cell phone number to text incase I get lost?
2011-06-27 11:07 AM

User image

Veteran
Colleyville, TX
I see TTT is having an Open Water Clinic on July 6th and was thinking about going, anyone else down? I have my oly on the 17th and just really want to get in the water (lake, that is) and try to get semi-used to the feeling. Or if anyone from here is planning a swim I'd love to join : ) Thanks.

Edited by rdub 2011-06-27 11:08 AM
2011-06-27 5:48 PM

User image

Expert
Plano, National Capital Region

TTT usually has OWS swim practice on Sunday mornings and Monday evenings at Pier 121.  Headed out there right now!

2011-06-28 11:16 AM

User image

Veteran
Colleyville, TX
Cool man, I'll see if I can make it Sunday morning. 

2011-07-11 3:08 PM
in reply to: #3551417

LonghornSpencer - 2011-06-15 6:59 PM

I'm if fort worth and would love to join you guys sometime if ya'll are still meeting up so swim.

2014-07-19 4:43 PM
in reply to: ccard257

Definitely interested as well. If something get's organized on this side of DFW let me know.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open Water Practice In Dallas/Fort Worth - Which Lake? Rss Feed  

of 4