Subject: RE: TriDot coaching scam??
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by strykergt

Originally posted by AdventureBear

Woah............where is the false statement?

when it came time for the refund, what was the excuse for not giving the refund?

Surely could have been worded better....but it's a question, not a false statement.   In light of the response he got from his e-mail, I'd say it's certainly a fair question.

Asking the question as if it's a fact that someone was not refunded. Really poor taste. It's fine to rant about things you don't like. It's not fine to slander and I am pretty sure it's actually a crime.

No, actually, it's not a criminal offense (crime).  It can be adjudicated in civil court for damages......I wouldn't advise that based on the response the OP received and the fact that it was an unsolicited e-mail.  

The OP has a better case of Harassment then the sender does for any damages. LOL 

See, this is what happens when the headline of the day is "Teen Sues Parents" .  hahahaha

Bro....you need to send me some of those gifs.....I could be dangerous....and slanderous....and such. 

sure LB pm me your email

2014-03-05 10:42 PM
in reply to: strykergt

User image

Pro

when it came time for the refund, what was the excuse for not giving the refund?

Surely could have been worded better....but it's a question, not a false statement.   In light of the response he got from his e-mail, I'd say it's certainly a fair question.

Asking the question as if it's a fact that someone was not refunded. Really poor taste. It's fine to rant about things you don't like. It's not fine to slander and I am pretty sure it's actually a crime.

No, actually, it's not a criminal offense (crime).  It can be adjudicated in civil court for damages......I wouldn't advise that based on the response the OP received and the fact that it was an unsolicited e-mail.  

The OP has a better case of Harassment then the sender does for any damages. LOL 

See, this is what happens when the headline of the day is "Teen Sues Parents" .  hahahaha

Bro....you need to send me some of those gifs.....I could be dangerous....and slanderous....and such. 

sure LB pm me your email

No way dude.....you just want to send me a coaching offer.  I'm not stupid.

2014-03-06 12:31 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pearland,Tx

sure LB pm me your email

(SmileyROFLMAO.gif)

Attachments
----------------
SmileyROFLMAO.gif (63KB - 5 downloads)
2014-03-06 7:04 AM
in reply to: AdventureBear

User image

Milwaukee

Originally posted by gotbitten

I was spammed with a bunch of emails about the TriDot coaching system - free coaching if you are selected to be part of the Free For Feedback program. I sent them my info, and surprise, I was selected! of course, only a few people were selected and they "may never do it again."

I receive an email from "Coach Boo", the TriDot founder, telling me that this great free deal just requires me to sign up, pay the $7 signup fee, the $100 initiation fee, and pay for two months at $77 per month. grand total, $261. After I complete the workouts and give them feedback, then they refund the $261.

if you have questions, please do email Coach Boo. so I email good old Boo, one sentence, in its entirety, "so let me get this straight, I pay $261 and then I will get it free?"

response:

we literally have thousands of athletes who are very excited to participate and wouldn't be able to without this program, but we are now declining you as it sounds you are not as excited as the thousands that are overwhelmingly excited.

my thought:

if you really are doing this just to get feedback, why do you need to charge $261? I was one of only a very select number, yet the thousands you have selected are "very" excited?

My Question:

Has anyone ever given these people money, and when it came time for the refund, what was the excuse for not giving the refund?

It's unfortunate that your exchange with Jeff ... or more likely someone who was working with him fielding emails ... led to this 2 page thread accusing tridot of being a scam. You don't have to like their marketing, and in fact you can hate it. But what you are making is a false statement that is potentially damaging to their reputation.

At worst you were the recipient of a) emails you didn't want and b) a poor customer service reply. Now you are accusing them of not giving refunds. I think that is very distasteful. Anyway, here is my original post from a year ago to a similar thread:

=====
i first became acquainted with Jeff last spring through one if my swimmers. the athlete had been receiving coaching with tridot and asked me to do his swimming program. during the 6 months we worked together i saw many of his workouts from tridot via training peaks as i was the primary coach on training peaks. he entered his workouts there to log training.

i saw all of his race results. many podium positions for his age group. this athletes times continued to improve all season, the plan addressed his biggest weaknesses, there was nothing i saw that raised any red flags at all. he had regular communication with his coach and trained with her routinely...and coaches her in swimming!

based on what i saw in his training peaks workouts and his race results i think its a great program. Ive spoken with Jeff on the phone several times since then and i think his understanding if physiology and training is excellent. lots of great testimonials on his site
=====

Finally, one of the athletes I am currently coaching, used TriDot last year to train for his half iron A race, and PR'd the race and he had no complaints. Two of my friends (the athlete I posted about in the paragraph above) and another friend since then, are both coaching for TriDot.

FWIW, I have no financial incentive for endorsing Jeff or referring anyone to his program. It is not a scam, and yes they will give you a refund.

Susan,

I'm not sure how you can say that you aren't affiliated with TriDot. Perhaps you don't get paid. I doubt that since you participated in one of their marketing events a few nights or so ago.

http://triathlonresearch.org/live-event/triathlon-season-planning/?...

I had gotten TONS of emails from TriDot and did go and watch the video presentation after the fact.

It implies that you work for TriDot.
2014-03-06 7:19 AM
in reply to: kskonkol

Originally posted by kskonkol

I was spammed with a bunch of emails about the TriDot coaching system - free coaching if you are selected to be part of the Free For Feedback program. I sent them my info, and surprise, I was selected! of course, only a few people were selected and they "may never do it again."

I receive an email from "Coach Boo", the TriDot founder, telling me that this great free deal just requires me to sign up, pay the $7 signup fee, the $100 initiation fee, and pay for two months at $77 per month. grand total, $261. After I complete the workouts and give them feedback, then they refund the $261.

if you have questions, please do email Coach Boo. so I email good old Boo, one sentence, in its entirety, "so let me get this straight, I pay $261 and then I will get it free?"

response:

we literally have thousands of athletes who are very excited to participate and wouldn't be able to without this program, but we are now declining you as it sounds you are not as excited as the thousands that are overwhelmingly excited.

my thought:

if you really are doing this just to get feedback, why do you need to charge $261? I was one of only a very select number, yet the thousands you have selected are "very" excited?

My Question:

Has anyone ever given these people money, and when it came time for the refund, what was the excuse for not giving the refund?

It's unfortunate that your exchange with Jeff ... or more likely someone who was working with him fielding emails ... led to this 2 page thread accusing tridot of being a scam. You don't have to like their marketing, and in fact you can hate it. But what you are making is a false statement that is potentially damaging to their reputation.

At worst you were the recipient of a) emails you didn't want and b) a poor customer service reply. Now you are accusing them of not giving refunds. I think that is very distasteful. Anyway, here is my original post from a year ago to a similar thread:

=====
i first became acquainted with Jeff last spring through one if my swimmers. the athlete had been receiving coaching with tridot and asked me to do his swimming program. during the 6 months we worked together i saw many of his workouts from tridot via training peaks as i was the primary coach on training peaks. he entered his workouts there to log training.

i saw all of his race results. many podium positions for his age group. this athletes times continued to improve all season, the plan addressed his biggest weaknesses, there was nothing i saw that raised any red flags at all. he had regular communication with his coach and trained with her routinely...and coaches her in swimming!

based on what i saw in his training peaks workouts and his race results i think its a great program. Ive spoken with Jeff on the phone several times since then and i think his understanding if physiology and training is excellent. lots of great testimonials on his site
=====

Finally, one of the athletes I am currently coaching, used TriDot last year to train for his half iron A race, and PR'd the race and he had no complaints. Two of my friends (the athlete I posted about in the paragraph above) and another friend since then, are both coaching for TriDot.

FWIW, I have no financial incentive for endorsing Jeff or referring anyone to his program. It is not a scam, and yes they will give you a refund.

Susan,

I'm not sure how you can say that you aren't affiliated with TriDot. Perhaps you don't get paid. I doubt that since you participated in one of their marketing events a few nights or so ago.

I had gotten TONS of emails from TriDot and did go and watch the video presentation after the fact.

judging by the vehemence of the reaction, we all know Susan has some connection to the man the rest of us know as Boo. to clarify, never asked if people following it did not get a plan for their money, the question was, did anyone who did the "free" program get their money back. also, in order to be "slanderous" i would have had to say something untrue - like, "i did everything Boo told me to and did t get my money back" Susan, I didnt give him money, I asked if anyone did not get their money back. now you, on the other hand, accused me of illegal activity - i.e. slander and accused me of calling it a nigerian coaching scam -- i think i shall have Left Brain sue you for the emotional distress you caused by making such accusations. I am hurtin real bad right now. real bad.
2014-03-06 8:58 AM
in reply to: strykergt

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL

sure LB pm me your email

Just wanted to quote a million quotes. Carry on.

2014-03-06 10:18 AM

User image

Sarnia

Asking the question as if it's a fact that someone was not refunded.

Really poor taste. It's fine to rant about things you don't like. It's not fine to slander and I am pretty sure it's actually a crime.

Suzanne, I know you are linked to the TriDot team as I have been on the last 2 webinars that you have been a part of (presuming I have the right person of course) My suggestion would be rather than attacking someone for being concerned, you provide the OP with a contact email that you may have as a result of your personal connections and let the OP question the good folks at TriDot themselves and then come back to the thread and post an update. You can't blame someone for being skeptical of potential internet scams.
2014-03-06 10:25 AM
in reply to: kskonkol

User image

over a barrier

response:

my thought:

My Question:

=====

=====

Susan,

She didn't say she is or isn't affiliated w/ TDot.

"FWIW, I have no financial incentive for endorsing Jeff"

She does some web panels w/ TriDot, Endurance Film and a few others...
2014-03-06 10:40 AM
in reply to: running2far

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

And that boys and girls is how one email can ruin your reputation for 1,000's of people.

The response from "Boo" or one of his lackeys was bad form and now many people that have never even heard of TriDot before now have a bad taste in their mouth from this one email. Oh the power of the internet, pays to think before pushing that send button.

If anyone knows Boo, now would be the time to email him a link to this thread so he can do some damage control and try to make things right with the OP.

2014-03-06 10:51 AM
in reply to: kenj

User image

New user

Concord, NC
Originally posted by kenj

Originally posted by jlshafer
Originally posted by JZig Is anyone even sure that "Boo" is actually with the Tridot coaching system, and not just some Nigerian scammer spoofing them?
Yes, Coach Boo is legit

You wouldn't be Boo would you? 

LOL...nope. Just an athlete...I have no connection w/ them
2014-03-06 11:01 AM
in reply to: Danno77

User image

Elite
Spokane, WA

Originally posted by Danno77

sure LB pm me your email

Just wanted to quote a million quotes. Carry on.

Literally

2014-03-06 11:02 AM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

New user

Concord, NC
Originally posted by Jason N

Could be a scam, but as long as they are accepting CC payment, then you shouldn't be liable if it's a scam.  Now if they are asking for a check, cash, bank account info, SSN, etc...then yeah...no way.

Folks, the Tridot Coach made a bad call in how he responded to the guys e-mail. He asked a far question about whether Tridot was legit or not, but at this point we should be past the 'scam' comments. I've watched at least 3 web sessions with Coach Boo and Bobby McGee (among others from TriSports, Total Immersion, etc.). These folks would never partner w/ Tridot if they weren't on the up-an-up.
2014-03-06 11:56 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven

=====

=====

Susan,

What you are seeing is many independent companies interacting with each other. Jeff and I had a discussion. At the end of that discussion Jeff has a product to promote that he feels is of value. Does it appear that Danny or Seton is also working for TriDot or just me (both gentlemen were on the call) ? Whatever the case, please, please tell me because I have my own independent coaching company.

My #1 goal on every show I host is to get good quality information out of the presenters and not let them hide their cards. Sometimes it's hard and it's like herding cats, but I want to make sure that if you spend the time listening, that you feel like it was worth your time.

I don't get paid to host webinars or if anyone sells any products as a result (unless its one of mine of course!).

I use them for a) opportunity to interview great guests, professional athletes like Tim Don & Leanda Cave, Industry experts etc.like (Ivan from Retul) and b) to increase my exposure to anyone watching and to be affiliated with great coaches like Bobby McGee, Terry Laughlin, Bob Seebohar and yes, Jeff.

It sounds like the emails you received were from BOTH triathlon research AND from Tridot, both promoting the same things which is why you feel like you got spammed.

Edited by AdventureBear 2014-03-06 12:08 PM
2014-03-06 11:57 AM

Asking the question as if it's a fact that someone was not refunded.

Really poor taste. It's fine to rant about things you don't like. It's not fine to slander and I am pretty sure it's actually a crime.

wouldn't it be libel not slander?

You also need to show that the statement was made, caused harm, and it was made without researching the truthfulness of the statement. You are also going to need to show your work where this thread has actually caused damage. Since the thread clearing states that it is a legit company I doubt anyone reading the thread is making their decision not to use the services on the OP.
2014-03-06 12:16 PM
in reply to: Aarondb4

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Originally posted by Aarondb4

And that boys and girls is how one email can ruin your reputation for 1,000's of people.

The response from "Boo" or one of his lackeys was bad form and now many people that have never even heard of TriDot before now have a bad taste in their mouth from this one email. Oh the power of the internet, pays to think before pushing that send button.

If anyone knows Boo, now would be the time to email him a link to this thread so he can do some damage control and try to make things right with the OP.

Well put.  And to add onto that, I'm having a hard time understanding how Susan (adventurebear) potentially working for TriDot or not has anything to do with it.  Hell, to me, knowing she is a respected member of the BT community and KNOWING some of the phenomenal advice and feedback she has given on here would only lend credence to the fact that it is a legit company if she is defending them as a company.

Was his email out of line.  Probably.  But that doesn't change the fact that they are legit and a legit member of our community said as much.  

2014-03-06 12:21 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Thanks I appreciate that. I've been a member of the BT community since my first triathlon way back in 2004. I learned a lot and try to give back a lot.

2014-03-06 12:24 PM
in reply to: jlshafer

User image

Originally posted by jlshafer
Originally posted by Jason N

Could be a scam, but as long as they are accepting CC payment, then you shouldn't be liable if it's a scam.  Now if they are asking for a check, cash, bank account info, SSN, etc...then yeah...no way.

Folks, the Tridot Coach made a bad call in how he responded to the guys e-mail. He asked a far question about whether Tridot was legit or not, but at this point we should be past the 'scam' comments. I've watched at least 3 web sessions with Coach Boo and Bobby McGee (among others from TriSports, Total Immersion, etc.). These folks would never partner w/ Tridot if they weren't on the up-an-up.

Yeah...but that doesn't mean it's not possibly a scam.  If I sent you an unsolicited email to you claiming to be a well known coach, working on behalf of a well known coaching organization, and asked you to send me $500 in the form of cash, money order, or your checking account routing number...promising to give you a refund...would you do it?

There are red flags you have to be wary of on the internet.  Unsolicited emails are a huge red flag...but if you are paying with a credit card, at least you as the customer are protected.  My post about it possibly being a scam has nothing to do with TriDot or Coach Boo...it has everything to do with how the OP got in contact with them, and what type of payment they were asking for.

2014-03-06 12:26 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
Originally posted by crowny2

Originally posted by Aarondb4

Well put.  And to add onto that, I'm having a hard time understanding how Susan (adventurebear) potentially working for TriDot or not has anything to do with it.  Hell, to me, knowing she is a respected member of the BT community and KNOWING some of the phenomenal advice and feedback she has given on here would only lend credence to the fact that it is a legit company if she is defending them as a company.

Was his email out of line.  Probably.  But that doesn't change the fact that they are legit and a legit member of our community said as much.  

I'm glad someone said this (on both accounts)
2014-03-06 12:35 PM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

In summation: 

TriDot is a legitimate and isn't a coaching scam. Coach Boo doesn't understand how to respond to emails probably and probably needs some specific training on how to communicate through the written word. Adventure Bear/Suzanne does NOT work for TriDot. There you go.  

Edited by KSH 2014-03-06 12:36 PM
2014-03-06 12:41 PM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ

Originally posted by KSH

In summation: 

TriDot is a legitimate and isn't a coaching scam. Coach Boo doesn't understand how to respond to emails probably and probably needs some specific training on how to communicate through the written word. Adventure Bear/Suzanne does NOT work for TriDot. There you go.  

Also, free=pay up front, refund later isn't a very viable business model. 

2014-03-06 12:47 PM
in reply to: thebigb

User image

Regular
Hamilton, IL
Originally posted by thebigb

Originally posted by KSH

In summation: 

Sure it is. Stores make tons of money on mail-in rebates that people are too lazy to send back in. This model anticipates that the lazy people who don't complete the obligations won't get their money back and therefore won't have completely wasted the time of the coaches.

2014-03-06 12:53 PM

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ

Originally posted by KSH

In summation: 

Sure it is. Stores make tons of money on mail-in rebates that people are too lazy to send back in. This model anticipates that the lazy people who don't complete the obligations won't get their money back and therefore won't have completely wasted the time of the coaches.

we're not talking $2 off oreos here. There's been other endurance natured offerings of the similar variety that have failed to catch on and this is exactly why, it wreaks of a scam. *even though this one apparently is legit. 

Edited by thebigb 2014-03-06 12:54 PM
2014-03-06 12:58 PM
in reply to: thebigb

User image

Pro

Originally posted by KSH

In summation: 

we're not talking $2 off oreos here. There's been other endurance natured offerings of the similar variety that have failed to catch on and this is exactly why, it wreaks of a scam. *even though this one apparently is legit. 

Whoa.....where can I get $2 off oreos?

2014-03-06 12:59 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Originally posted by KSH

In summation: 

Whoa.....where can I get $2 off oreos?

You're supposed to skip dessert.

2014-03-06 1:02 PM
in reply to: gotbitten

User image

New user

Concord, NC

response:

my thought:

My Question:

=====

=====

Susan,

judging by the vehemence of the reaction, we all know Susan has some connection to the man the rest of us know as Boo. to clarify, never asked if people following it did not get a plan for their money, the question was, did anyone who did the "free" program get their money back. also, in order to be "slanderous" i would have had to say something untrue - like, "i did everything Boo told me to and did t get my money back" Susan, I didnt give him money, I asked if anyone did not get their money back. now you, on the other hand, accused me of illegal activity - i.e. slander and accused me of calling it a nigerian coaching scam -- i think i shall have Left Brain sue you for the emotional distress you caused by making such accusations. I am hurtin real bad right now. real bad.

YES! As I stated in my original post, I had a complex situation come up, and I DID receive a refund.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TriDot coaching scam?? Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

Thoughts on Tridot Training Program

Started by dawgchase
Views: 2947 Posts: 3

2013-03-26 4:57 PM BigTuna

Tridot/TI Swimming Webinar

Started by kingofbanff
Views: 2553 Posts: 11

2012-12-14 4:55 PM vonschnapps

I think this is a scam but... Pages: 1 2

Started by JungleDoc
Views: 2395 Posts: 30

2007-03-27 12:08 PM ironman2010

Incredible deal or scam?

Started by TH3_FRB
Views: 1331 Posts: 18

2005-05-19 10:06 AM ODogg

Can you say Scam?

Started by Kupe du Monde
Views: 1277 Posts: 7

2005-03-17 3:41 PM B-One
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 15, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
This month we talk with gsmacleod, aka Coach Shane MacLeod on his coaching philosophy, his approach to gadgets, training plans, missed workouts and strength training.

date : September 14, 2008
author : Team BT
Receive online triathlon coaching via our forums, personal coaching through an affiliated coach or nutrition coaching from our certified nutritionist.
comments : 2
Details on how athletes can connect with registered BT coaches for training plans and personal triathlon coaching.

comments : 1
Details on how to use the 'Coaching System' to coach your athletes.
date : January 1, 2006
author : mikericci
"I don't want someone telling me what to do" or "What if I don't like the workouts?" or "What if we don't get along?" These are important questions to ask as you interview your coach.

date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
Individuals are just that, individuals and need individual programs. However, with a group the size of yours, it may be difficult for your coaches to do 25 individual workouts.
date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
How to choose a coach? A summary of three 'types' of coaches and the pros and cons of each.

date : August 31, 2004
author : Tri Swim Coach
Kevin Koskella of www.TriSwimCoach.com gives his introduction on how he became a swim coach.