Crystal Lake Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 16, 2014
38 Old Route 66,
Averill Park, New York
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (880.00 yards) Bike (18.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Capital District Triathlon Club
- Website: http://cdtriclub.org/race.html
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The Crystal Lake Triathlon Race is a USAT Sanctioned Sprint Distance Triathlon in Averill Park, NY on Crystal Lake. The race is one of the most scenic races in the area. The race begins at the Crystal Cove beach and features a single loop swim. Transitioning into the bike leg of our race our racers set out on a gorgeous out and back bike course. After biking around the far side of the lake it begins its first descent into our rolling hills course that passes through the beautiful country side of Rennselaer County. Finally, the racers finish on a mostly flat run course around Crystal Lake.
The lake has a wonderful lake side view that allows family and friends to get up nice and close to watch the swim. The 5k route runs through the school which has a lovely park for kids to play and cheer family's on. Be careful of creating driving traffic for the athletes! The bike course is well managed by our support crew of police, sheriff, and race volunteers, but we still need spectators to be safety conscious.
Members who are scheduled to race: newtonj