Buckner Mission Man Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 23, 2016
4790 Union Ridge Road,
Burlington, North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (750.00 meters) Bike (15.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2696
- Contact email:
- Description: The 750 meter swim starts in the water and moves out in a counter clockwise direction. Water temperature ranges between 80 and 85 degrees making for a wonderfully comfortable non wetsuit swim. Waves and chop are light and water quality is superb.
The 15 mile bike course is on of the most enjoyable courses in the Series. Road surfaces are newly paved and smooth and the course gives you no major climbs, just an assortment of flat to rolling terrain. Athletes are certain to enjoy this scenic and fast bike route. Police and volunteers man each intersection and turn are marked with roadway arrows and directional signs.
The 2-Loop 5K course is mostly off road on a series of rolling to flat trails that weave throughout the park. The first and middle half miles are on the paved park road as athletes complete Lap 1 at the event site before beginning Lap 2. The trail system is old and established but a few areas do have a few roots. While racing flats are a fine option for this course, we suggest a more stable shoe for first timers and those with weak ankles. Aid stations are positioned every mile.
Members who are scheduled to race: Turregano