Mountain Lakes Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 05, 2017
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (600.00 yards) Bike (16.20 miles) Run (3.00 miles)
- Organization: Team Magic
- Website: http://www.team-magic.com/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: Swim Course: Very calm open water swim in Lake Guntersville. The water level is typically shallow enough to allow swimmers to touch bottom through much of the course...making this course very attractive for first-time open water swimmers. The water is historically above 78 °F so likely no wetsuits allowed (USA Triathlon rules do not allow wetsuits in water over 78 °F).
Bike Course: Definitely one of our fastest courses. The route is all right-hand turns on mostly rural / neighborhood roads with some nice farm scenery and cool finish across the lake as you approach the race venue. Very slight rolling hills in a couple of spots, but most our racers describe it as FLAT.
Run Course: The entire run is on a paved greenway along Lake Guntersville. Pure out and back course and FLAT. Some of our best race photos all year long come from Mountain Lakes as the lake is your run course backdrop.
Members who are scheduled to race: