Six Gap Century
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 28, 2008
2001 Indian Drive (Lumpkin County High School),
- Country: United States
- Race type: Cycle (Century)
- Distances: Bike (100.00 miles)
- Organization: Dahlonega-Lumpkin County Chamber of Commerce/Dahlonega Wheelworks
- Website: http://www.cyclenorthgeorgia.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=14&Itemid=35
- Contact email:
- Description: The Six Gap Century’s ultra challenging route takes you up and down six of the steepest climbs in the North Georgia Mountains. Test your stamina with more than 11,200 feet of vertical climbing over the 100 mile course. Elevations for the six gaps in this ride range from 2,949 feet to 3,490 feet. The toughest climb, Hogpen Gap, will test even the strongest riders, averaging a 7% grade for seven miles, with sections as steep as 15%.
The Three Gap Fifty’s alternative route offers half the gaps and half the distance, but is nevertheless a demanding and challenging course. Elevations range from 3,109 feet to 3,280 feet.
PLEASE NOTE: We have made a major change in the route. The new route promises more great views, more challenges, and more fun!
100 miles. 11,200 vertical feet. 2,500 friends.
Members who are scheduled to race: