TriSandpoint - Scenic Half Marathon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 15, 2013
Sandpoint City Beach,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Run (Half Marathon)
- Distances: Run (13.10 miles)
- Organization: Scenic Half Marathon Committee
- Website: http://www.trisandpoint.org/
- Contact email: [email protected]
- Description: Each summer Sandpoint's annual big three endurance events link arms, legs and pedals for a unique twist on triathlons. Our town's long-distance bike ride, open-water swim and half marathon run coordinate to offer the three legs of a triathlon carried out - not on one day, but over the course of the summer. We call it the TriSandpoint!
Each event is timed and athletes may register for all three events, with the final cumulative times and placements declared at conclusion of the marathon, the final event held in September. Both individual participants and teams may compete, in male and female categories.
With a route through forested mountains and alongside stunning Lake Pend Oreille, no wonder it's called the scenic half marathon. In only its fifth year, it already attracts hundreds of runners. TriSandpoint participants will compete at the 13-mile, half marathon distance; the event benefits the Sandpoint Chamber and local charities.
Members who are scheduled to race: althorp3, PrivateIdaho, RunRene