Lake Lure Sprint Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 12, 2017
Rumbling Bald Resort,
Lake Lure, North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (750.00 meters) Bike (22.30 kms) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2698
- Contact email:
- Description: Swim: The 750-meter lake swim commences on a sandy beach, curves around a buoy and finishes right at the transition area, which is within 50 feet of the lake. The clear mountain water is smooth as glass and should be close to 80 degrees in August. The lift scene from the movie "Dirty Dancing" was filmed here!
Bike: The 22.3K bike course is challenging, but you will be rewarded with breathtaking views as it rolls through the countryside at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains and finishes back at the same transition area.
Run: The 5K run is a steady but reasonable uphill route that winds up a beautiful valley paralleling Bald Mountain Golf Course and ends with a gentle downhill cruise to a beachside finish.
Members who are scheduled to race: