Portofino Tri Series - Race #1
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: May 20, 2017
10 Portofino Drive,
Pensacola Beach, Florida
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Mini Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (300.00 yards) Bike (7.50 miles) Run (1.50 miles)
- Organization: Multisport Performance Institute
- Website: http://www.teammpi.com/portofinotriseries
- Contact email: [email protected]
- Description: his is the seventh year of this series of triathlon races that will take place on four Saturdays throughout the spring & summer at beautiful Portofino Island Resort on Pensacola Beach, FL. Race as an individual or as a 2- or 3- person relay.
These races are "Super Sprint" triathlons meaning they are shorter than a typical triathlon sprint race. They are official USA Triathlon Sanctioned Events.
The Portofino Tri Series is designed for all triathlon abilities - especially brand new athletes! There are no official awards and the max participants will be 70 athletes per event. There will be no age groups, and the swim start will consist of two wave starts: all males followed by all females three minutes afterwards. Wetsuits will only be permitted if water temp is 78 degrees or colder. Timing is provided by Gulfsport Timing.
It's a GREAT opportunity to "try" a tri, hone your skills before an upcoming race, or enjoy a fun "race experience" during the week with friends.
Members who are scheduled to race: