Tri the Swamp Rabbit at Furman
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: July 15, 2017
Greenville, South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (250.00 meters) Bike (16.50 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=2748
- Contact email:
- Description: The 250-meter pool swim will make for a perfect start for the first timer and the Elite athlete alike. The swim will take place in the Furman Paladin Athletic Center pool with the transition area a few steps away near the football practice fields adjacent to the PAC. The manicured grass will feel like carpet beneath your feet.
The 16.5 bike course through beautiful Travelers Rest will test your mid-season legs rolling over a host of gradual climbs and a handful of short steep bursts with nearly all the climbing in the first half of the course followed by a fast finish leading into Furman's back gate.
After the bike leg you'll find a new twist on a 5K venue familiar to local athletes thanks to the addition of a sweet stretch on the Swamp Rabbit trail, the race's namesake. After a scenic jaunt around Furman's beautiful Swan Lake you'll enjoy more than a mile on the well-shaded Swamp Rabbit Trail, after which you'll loop back through this gorgeous campus towards the finish just beyond the transition area.
Members who are scheduled to race: