Richmond Tri Club Sprint Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: April 22, 2017
5050 Ridgedale Pkwy,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (400.00 meters) Bike (20.00 kms) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.vtsmts.com/richmondtriclubsprint/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The Richmond Triathlon Club Sprint Triathlon has moved to the Collegiate School Aquatic Center at Ukrop Park, (same place as 2013 RTC race) formerly know as the GRAP home of the 2008 Olympic Trials pool! The new venue, a 50-meter, 7'7"-all deep pool, allows us to offer the most unique pool swim experience in triathlon - a 400m open water pool swim. No more waiting for hours in the cold to get into the pool. No more problems with "improper" seed times. All athletes will be in the pool within 25-minutes of the start gun. There is an additional 25yd warm up pool for those who wish to warm up prior to their wave start !
The 50 meter competition pool is very spectator friendly and will be used in a unique fashion in that we will have athletes start in groups of 10 athletes as they head for the first turn buoy. Yes, we will have turn buoys instead of lane lines for this event as it is the first "pool open water race" in the VTS! This new location comes with new bike and run courses as well! The bike course is a mix of rolling hills and flat sections and is a "big ring" course throughout. The run course is 2 laps around the Richmond Kickers soccer complex.
Members who are scheduled to race: mmdimmick