Richmond Rox Half Iron Aquabike
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: October 04, 2015
211 Rocketts Way,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Aquabike
- Distances: Swim (2112.00 yards) Bike (56.00 miles)
- Organization: Richmond Multisports
- Website: http://www.richmondmultisports.com
- Contact email: [email protected]
- Description: Swim: The swim cut-off time is 70 minutes. If you are familiar with the Rocketts Landing swim course, the swim will extend 150 meters beyond "the rock" for a 1.2 mile swim in the James River starting from the dock at the Boathouse Restaurant. The expected river temp will be in the mid 70's and likely wetsuit eligible. The river current is tidal, yet the "fall line" with the rock beds actively slows down the current speed. There will be 2 swim course options posted due to river condition options on race day. We will choose the safest course based on river levels and flow.
Bike: The course will overlap some of the RockettsTri course yet expand beyond the beautiful east end Richmond rural roads. It will head out east onto Osbourne/RT 5 and Kingsland, with a lollipop loop. The bike course is pretty flat in some areas with a some rollers, single digit hill at mile 1 - yet short. It will be one loop, scenic, rural, with a cool skyline view to rock back into transition at Rocketts Village. There will be two strategically placed bottle hand offs on this course and portalets at miles 18 (Citgo station) Charles City RD and mile 43 at Buffin/Kingsland. Have a trash bottle ready to handoff that will not be returned. Gatorade Endurance is our new drink sponsor! VCU Medical Center bottles will have water in them. Bike course cut off time is 4 hrs from the end of the swim cut off of your wave and course support will be released by 12:30pm.
Members who are scheduled to race: