CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: June 10, 2017
2217 Jamestown Rd.,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Olympic)
- Distances: Swim (1500.00 meters) Bike (40.00 kms) Run (10.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.vtsmts.com/jamestowninternational/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: Swim: The swim course is a 1500 meter rectangular course in the brackish James River. The start and finish alternate each year between the beach adjacent to the Ferry and the beach just downriver from the 4-H Center. The water temperature is expected to be in the mid to upper 70's. A preliminary water temperature will be posted on the website the Friday prior to the event. An official reading will be taken race morning. Regardless of where we start, we will be swimming WITH the current.
Bike: The bike course is very fast and mostly flat. The largest elevation gain/loss is when crossing the Chicahominy river bridge. At mile 10.75 athletes turn left onto a low traffic road to get the remainder of the distance prior to turning around and coming back to the transition area. Again, this is an out and back course.
Run: The run is pancake flat and the beginning is on an asphalt bike path that parallels the bike course. This course includes many of the shaded, packed gravel trails that are used for the Patriots Half in September. There will be aid stations at the start of the run and and about every mile thereafter. Aid stations will have water, ice and an energy drink.
Members who are scheduled to race: balanata