Richmond Rox Olympic Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: October 04, 2015
211 Rocketts Way,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Olympic)
- Distances: Swim (1500.00 meters) Bike (40.00 kms) Run (10.00 kms)
- Organization: Richmond Multisports
- Website: http://www.richmondmultisports.com
- Contact email: 411@RichmondMultisports.com
- Description: Swim: The 1500 meter swim takes place in the beautiful James River with September water temperatures typically in the high the low 70's, meaning it will probably be wetsuit eligible. The river is tidal so there could be a small current, but no jellyfish or nettles. This area of the James is just before the fall line where the rock beds start at Brown's Island (Xterra swim course). Due to the rock fall line the tide stops there, and currents are slowed. With many swims practiced now from Rocketts, the current is very minimal unless there is a significant rainfall. Best to stay tuned to the RMS homepage for updates on river conditions before race day or pre swims.
Bike: The 40k Bike takes place on well paved roads through the rural area of eastern Henrico County toward Battlefield Park. It is a rolling course with some challenging hills. Police & directional volunteers will be at all major intersections. There is no bottle handoff on the bike. This is one of the best, coolest bike courses in VA, come check it out at a pre-ride.
Run: This 10k run is mostly a flat out and back through downtown Richmond and over the James River. There are some stairs on the flood wall and one steep hill up to the scenic overlook turnaround. There will be aid stations with water and Power Ade at every mile. Most of you may recognize this is part of the Xterra 10k trail run.
Members who are scheduled to race: RecTri