Niagara Falls Barrelman Half Iron Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 21, 2014
Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Country: Canada
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (1900.00 meters) Bike (90.00 kms) Run (21.10 kms)
- Organization: MultiSport Canada
- Website: http://niagarafallstriathlon.com/
- Contact email: [email protected]
- Description: Swim: A canal swim in clean clear water. The canal is a recreational canal with no boat traffic. The water temperature should be in the 68F to 72F range. A 2,000m single loop swim that passes under two bridges with great viewing for spectators.
Bike: Well paved roads that wind through the Niagara Peninsula, along the shores of Lake Erie and into Niagara Falls. The bike course travels south-west from Welland, completes a small loop and returns north-east until just south of Welland. At this point the bike travels from Welland to Niagara Falls. The bike will enter Niagara Falls from a feeder road with minimal vehicular traffic.
Run: This run course will be the most scenic of any Half Iron Triathlon in Canada. Looping twice through the City of Niagara Falls and past the American and Canadian (Horseshoe) Falls with a finish in a beautiful park setting at Kingsbridge Park. The run will take you through a wooded area (Burning Springs Hill), through the City of Niagara Falls, past the Fallsview Casino, to the top of Murray Hill with a beautiful view of the American Falls and along the Niagara Parkway past the Canadian Horseshoe Falls to the Finish in Kingsbridge Park.
Members who are scheduled to race: bdoublev, CrunEA, efoley, Mainer, natepetemel, Nick Williamson, rjguy, try4iron