XTERRA Aspen Valley Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 19, 2017
401 Tree Farm Drive,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Other)
- Distances: Swim (1200.00 meters) Bike (12.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Without Limits Productions
- Website: http://www.withoutlimits.co
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The XTERRA Aspen Valley is Colorado's newest off-road triathlon! After years of searching for the perfect mountain venue a private property owner, with a passion for water skiing and mountain biking, has created a one-of-kind venue. The swim starts out on a single lap 1200m swim in the crystal clear waters of Kodiak Ski Lake.
Once out of the water athletes will transition to their mountain bikes for the most iconic part of this event. The ride is a two-lap course (12 miles) that takes riders on flowing single-track and over wood features never before seen in an XTERRA event. The pictures on the course maps page only offer a mild snapshot on the one-of-a-kind experience this course offers. Overall the course is labelled as intermediate; far easier than XTERRA Curt Gowdy, but more technical than XTERRA Lory.
The 5k run course starts out by taking triathletes on one of the most unique features on the property; a 3/4 mile long winding wood bridge over a pond. This run will fly by as you run through wild flower corridors and over a canal before hitting the finish line! And the kicker - riders will only get to experience this course two times per year, once on Friday for preview and then on RACE DAY!
Members who are scheduled to race: zr140th