Never Quit Battle For the Beach
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: May 31, 2014
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Country: United States
- Race type: Adventure
- Organization: Never Quit
- Website: http://neverquitnever.com/battle-for-the-beach/
- Contact email:
- Description: The BATTLE for the BEACH, originally started as a competition between SEAL recruits and lifeguards, has grown to become one of the most elite team challenges in our nation.
A Six Person Team must attempt to compete in one of the most difficult and amazing fitness challenges in our nation.
BATTLE for the BEACH has a 2 hour completion time limit. You will be judged and timed by: Special Operations Experts, Marines and elite service members.
* As a combined effort, all 6 team members must do the following and no team member can go on to the next leg until each of the of the following are completed by the 6 person team. (You will keep rotating through the following exercises until your team has completed each exercise)
1. ½ Mile Ocean Swim. After your swim, once you reach the beach, you can not start the low crawl until you have at least one team member with you. 16 lifeguards on rescue boards and boats will monitor the ocean swim. You must use swim fins in your swim. You must bring your own swim fins. If you do not bring fins you can still compete but you may be at a disadvantage to those who have fins. Goggles are recommended but not provided.
2. 50 Meter low soft sand beach crawl
3. 1,000 push-ups
4. 1,000 sit-ups
5. 500 pull-ups (Kipping pull-ups do not count. Dead hang only).
After each team has completed the above, then your team will complete a:
6. 50 Meter low soft sand beach crawl ….to the finish line!
Members who are scheduled to race: