Asheville Duathlon at Biltmore
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 16, 2018
Asheville, North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Duathlon (Standard)
- Distances: Run (5.00 kms) Bike (13.25 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: iDaph
- Website: http://idaph.net/events/du-the-asheville-du/du-asheville-du-maps
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: For the French aristocrat in all of us, this rough-cut, crown-emerald of a race sweeps participants through a mystical journey, back to a time, when the estate might have resembled an 15th century countryside plantation, complete with a game-stocked forest, working vineyards, and a cold mountain river rushing by. Racers on this day will be lords of the land they claim under fast plowing feet & spokes.
The Asheville off-road series of multi-sport events at Biltmore Estate consists of 3 main events, each come with various privileges for participation. All three of the off-road events in September are entirely on the historic grounds of the Biltmore Estate property. The Asheville Duathlon and Gravel Grinder events both get to explore the west side of Biltmore Estate, which is typically off-limits to guests. Join endurance athletes of all abilities and step to the start line, hearts booming in anticipation, to challenge mind and body while competing in the Annual Multi-Sport event series held at Biltmore Estate.
The Asheville Duathlon
The Asheville Duathlon is a 5k road run, 13.25 mile off-road bike, and a final 5k packed dirt off-road run. The off-road bike is non-technical riding on the west side of the estate, which is typically off-limits to regular guests at the estate. Individual participants or 2 or 3 person relay teams available. Kids can join in on the fun also! We recommend a relay team option. The bike rider must be at least 10 years old for any relay team.
Members who are scheduled to race: