Winter Challenge Off-Road Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: February 18, 2017
Springfield, South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Other)
- Distances: Bike (10.00 miles) Run (7.00 miles)
- Organization: Category IV Productions
- Website: http://www.winterchallenge.net/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: This race features a 6 Mile Kayak instead of a Swim.
As always, the main event at the Winter Challenge is an off-road triathlon consisting of a 7-Mile Trail Run, a 6-Mile Kayak, and a 10-Mile Mountain Bike.
For those interested in teaming up, a Relay option will be available, allowing you to compete as a 2 or 3 person team.
The race will will also feature a duathlon course consisting of a 6-Mile Trail Run and an 8-Mile Mountain Bike. This has proven to be a popular option among those not ready to tackle the kayak leg.
For the uninitiated, here is what you can expect:
1. One of the most unique and beautiful settings you've ever raced on. Dome Farms, which is situated on the Edisto River Swamp, offers countless miles of diverse off-road trail plus a 75 acre pond where you will get your paddle on.
2. Competition and Camaraderie. The fellowship of the Winter Challenge and the post race festivities lend themselves to camaraderie found at few other venues. Stick around and take home a few new friendships! But don't mistake friendship for lack of competition. While many athletes are here to race against themselves, there are more than a few die hard enthusiasts who gas up the race with some serious skills, raising the stakes to a surprisingly high level of competition! Rivalry is always in the air, and getting your name on the Trophy Cup is a matter not to be taken lightly..
3. Never Dull! We at the WC refuse to rest on the status quo, and we promise to keep things fresh and new for the WC Alums. As always, you have our solemn guarantee of a rocking good time.
Members who are scheduled to race: