Giant Acorn Sprint
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: September 24, 2017
6800 Lawyers Road,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (750.00 meters) Bike (16.00 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.vtsmts.com/giantacornsprint/
- Contact email: email@example.com
- Description: Swim Course: The 750 meter swim begins on the beach at Lake Anna State Park. The rectangular shaped course will have 2 right turns and sighting buoys will be located approximately every 75 meters. We expect the water at this time of year and at this section of the lake to be in the low 70's. The water temperature at this location has averaged in the low 70's which is pretty nice for October!
Bike Course: The bike course is a lollipop style 16 mile course. With a left turn out of the park athletes have great pavement and a few hills as they ride the country roads of Spotsylvania County
Run Course: The Sprint run course is one loop of the International Course and is the same as the Kinetic Sprint run course. There is a large hill at the beginning coming out of T2 but it levels off for the middle section of the course. There is a large down hill towards the finish line where athletes will finish by veering 15 degrees into the finishing chute. This is a scenic and seriously fast run course once you get past the first 1/4 mile!
Members who are scheduled to race: elcidtuba, hassellmk