Ironman Coeur d'Alene - TriathlonFull Ironman

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
United States
Ironman North America
55F / 13C
Total Time = 16h 09m 40s
Overall Rank = 2070/
Age Group = 50-54
Age Group Rank = 28/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 4 to the alarms after a fitful night of sleep. I took a quick warm shower to get me fully awake and then had my usual dry cereal, hot tea and took my vitamins. Took a few minutes to meditate and get as present as I could for the long day ahead. Dressed, checked off my list of all that needed to be hauled to the race.

I had pre-made my bottles of carbo pro/cytomax and perpetum as well as cut up my lara bars and pure protein bars into bite size pieces and placed them in a zip bag.

I also ate a boiled egg white, a peanut butter and pb2 and jelly with banana on corn thin. At least that's what I think I ate! I have to say I"m not sure I remember, but that sounds about right.

Son, DH and I parked near our friend's uncle's house and was able to walk over to the race venue. It was great having two sherpas.

Got to my bike and A was waiting there for me with the bike pump so I could pump my tires. I had called him but he didn't answer and he waited there for me. Very sweet. So I chatted with him and pumped my tires and got my bottles in their spots and my food in the bento box. I re-checked everything and then headed back out to my sherpas to get my bags to take to special needs. First though, I got body marked and got my numbers and race age but also a nice smiley face as I usually do, on my other calf.

We walked around to put my SN bags in the boxes and then stood in the potty line, which thankfully really didn't take that long. I went to one outside of transition near the SN bags while sherpas waited.

We then walked nearer to the swim entrance and I dropped my bags and started getting my glide, then wetsuit, then vasoline on. I was seeing this was all becoming a reality. So many people, all into themselves and readying themselves for what turns out to be a very incredible day.

I knew this day would be an exercise in present moment awareness and that is what would get me to the finish line. It goes something like this, while you're swimming, just swim a stroke at a time, while riding a pedal stroke at a time, just ride don't think about the swim too much and don't think about the run that lies before you. Then, on the run, what do you do? Just put one step in front of the other, either running or walking or a combo and don't stop moving forward!
Event warmup:

See putting on the wetsuit...because that was a bit of a warm-up. I also did my dynamic warm up which consists of deep alternating lunges, walking toe touches with one leg going up behind you, so you're stretching out the hammy and back of the leg. Then side steps with deep lunges.

  • 1h 47m 4s
  • 3862 meters
  • 02m 46s / 100 meters

I walked down to the beach as we were herded toward the beach entrance. When I stepped onto the sand and looked around to see ALL the people. I just laughed. 2300 some strong all standing on the beach in our wetsuits waiting to hear the cannon. I ate my pure fit peanut butter bar on the walk down and borrowed someone's water bottle they had just discarded for a waterfall drink before the swim.

I "excused me'd" my way over to the right just a bit, but realized I really didn't want to go that far to the right because I'd swim way more than necessary and I would get clobbered or have the chance to get banged up regardless. I saw Bonnie (leopard) and thought it would be nice to be near a friendly face to start. I said hi and soon after, the cannon shot and people were running toward and water and diving in.

I didn't get a chance to get wet before the swim, but I'd been in the lake the two days previous, so I knew what was coming as far as water temp., or at least I thought I did.

So, I saw people popping into the water, and figured, this is it, time to swim and start an Ironman. Once in the water, I just got a rhythm going because I figured there were people behind me that would just swim over me if I slowed down or stopped for any reason. I got into a good rhythm and around the first 200 meters or so saw several caps bobbing and breast-stroking and seemingly trying to see the buoys.

There were yellow triangular buoys along the left side, numerous kayakers, boats, and SUP lining the side.

I just kept swimming. I got bonked a bit here and there, but nothing too distracting. I managed to swim up on some feet in the first 1/4 of the swim toward the red buoy, which is the turn, and just tried to hang onto their slipstream. I kept thinking, free speed and energy conservation. It was chilly and I got that "ice cream" headache, but I knew it would eventually go away. I had lined the backs of my hands, feet and face with a layer of vasoline for added insulation which may have helped keep the cold at bay for a while. I got to the first turn and there were a lot of people, but I just kept trying to find clear water and kept swimming.

The lake was clear and I could see my hand under the water but it wasn't as clear as I expected it might be. Thankfully, the wind had died down from the previous two days and there was minimal to no chop other than the waves created by more than 2000 people swimming.

I got around the buoy and sighted the CdA resort in the distance, comparing where it was in relation to the next red buoy which would signal the next left turn. I knew it was only about 150 meters before the turn. I got some water in my mouth a couple of times and had to come up, cough and take a few breast strokes, but then I just kept going, trying to put all the swim time in the pool and what I'd been working on into practice.

I had a few thoughts that I'm swimming in an Ironman, this is it, this is what you wanted, but then I would quickly move my mind to focus on the present moment and back to one stroke at a time thinking and swimming. I continued to find some feet and one guy with red under his wetsuit was very helpful because he was easy to see and I kind of got to his side on his left. I actually ended up grazing some guys behind on one stroke, just because he came up behind me on my left and my arm was catching the water and he came up under me. Sorry, or maybe he enjoyed it? ;)

As I got about 1/4 of the way to the shore, I could hear the announcer saying names of people coming out of the water for the 2nd lap. That helped propel me forward. I quickly got up to the shore, stood up and trotted to the left to re-enter the water.

As I was getting ready to plunge back in, I saw my VB cohort, T and gave her a pat on the back of the neck and said hi. Then, just dove back in and started swimming again.

About 1/4 of the way down to the left turn buoy, I started feeling kind of funny. My thoughts were a bit erratic and my legs felt weird, like they were flopping instead of kicking. By this time I wasn't able to keep my fingers together for the catch/pull. I looked at my hand and I was clawing the water -- my bear claw swim. I was holding my hands, especially my right one, so tight on the catch that it would come to bother me later and especially after the race. Since I knew I wasn't catching much water with open hands, I focused on using my forearms to pull water and tried to make sure I was snapping my hips to propel me forward.

I also realized there was one way to at least give me some more warmth and I took advantage of that -- at least a couple of times. This seemed to help warm me at least momentarily and gave me a respite from the chill.

At this point, I thought that this is hard, but dammit I'm going to get through this swim. I didn't come all this way and drag my family up here for me to not get out of the water. I stayed present and just continued to round the buoy (still crowded) and then aimed for the next one, and then back to shore. I knew when I got around that second buoy that I had it and would get out. I could hear the announcer saying times and names and just kept trying to find feet and make my way to shore.

I know I swam a bit more than 2.4 miles, probably another quarter mile at least because of where I started and just staying outside the lemmings lining the buoys. I think that it was a trade off -- either take a chance of getting more beat up by staying close the buoys, but swimming closer to the distance or swim farther out and have better water and fewer people, but the result was being in the colder water longer.
What would you do differently?:

I don't know. I'm not sure what would make that much of difference of things that were under my control. The water temp certainly wasn't and neither was the number of participants. What I could control is where I would swim and how I approached the course and sighting.

Maybe if I could learn how to have a steady stream while swimming to keep me warm? ;) But I"m giving myself a "good" on this swim because it was an IM swim with a mass start in very cold water and I did it!
Transition 1
  • 31m 31s

This transition was very long. After getting out of the water, I was able to jog up to the suit shuckers. I got on the ground, and they pulled my Blue 70 off me pretty quickly and another volunteer handed me my gear bag. They were calling out race #'s and bringing you the gear bags. The volunteer asked if I wanted to go to the warming yurt and I said yes, taking all my stuff in there to change. It was about 100 F in the tent and filled with shivering cold women. I found a corner and was noticing everyone was shivering and wrapped up in silver space blankets or towels. Then I looked down at my hands and realized I was shivering uncontrollably as well. I'm not sure exactly what order I did things in because my mind was bit hazy, but a volunteer got a space blanket and wrapped it around me. I managed to find my towel, one of those chamois towels that absorb quickly and dried myself as best as I could. Someone's hot tea was on a table and not being touched, so I asked if I could have a sip. I took a drink of the dark, black tea and while bitter tasting, its warmth was what I needed, as well as the kick of some caffeine. I was then able to start changing into my bike shorts. I got my arm warmer/coolers on and put 3 layers of shirts, jackets and vests, along with two pair of gloves. I had my regular bike gloves and then had bought a long finger pair when I realized it may be a bit chilly after exiting the swim. I managed to get my shoes and socks on and wanted to get out of the tent and on my bike. There were several women who were there when I entered and there when I left. I'm not sure if they made it out. I do know that quite a few people DNF'd the swim and/or stayed too long in transition and missed the cutoff.
What would you do differently?:

The price one pays for not as much body fat is getting colder on a swim. I suppose I could have trained in the cold waters at home without my wetsuit more to prepare better, but I'm not one to look back and say what I could have done...when what I did in the moment was the best I could. Take away knowledge...
  • 7h 42m 29s
  • 112 miles
  • 14.53 mile/hr

Once I finally got out of T1 and grabbed my bike from the rack I was really ready to ride. My son and DH were standing at the fence cheering me on as I exited transition.

I started out just getting my bearings and remembered that this was my warm-up lap. Pretty much everyone had told me not to go out too hard on the first loop because you'll regret it on the 2nd loop and then possibly blow up on the run. I didn't want either of things to happen, so I monitored myself via RPE and just rode conservatively. The first part if fairly flat with a little 6% incline out to Higgins Pt. and then through town which is flat until you get up to Hayden Lake. That's when the hills start setting in. It helped to see my DH and son another time before heading to the hills.

On the way out to Higgins Point there were about 5 or 6 guys in kilts and blowing the bagpipes. They were getting warmed up and what a great way to start the bike. I waved and said something encouraging to them (really don't remember what), but he gave me a power fist and started playing again. I would see them again on the 2nd loop, but this time it was just one pipe playing at a time.

It was good to see the honey badger signs that leopard (Bonnie) had put up for us. Brought a smile to my face and made me realize I wasn't alone out there. Someone had made these really cool Bee signs, as well. They said Bee inspired with a drawing of a bee, or Bee Awesome, or Bee fast, etc. It's the little things like this that keep you going on these long races.

The first thing I knew I had to do, because it was part of my plan, was to eat and drink. I'd cut up little pieces of larabar and purefit bars to munch and had my carbo pro and cytomax mixed in the bottles and one bottle of perpetum. By about mile 20-30 I could feel the liquids sloshing around in my stomach even though I was only aiming for a bottle an hour. I was on track with that but my stomach wasn't happy, so I just asked myself, "what do you need right now?" The answer was, not to drink. I knew if I backed off from liquids and backed off on effort just a bit that my stomach would start to absorb it and I'd be okay. I was right. My stomach started feeling better, but the hills, which aren't my strong suit anyway, were a bit steeper than I thought they would be. I was getting passed a bit here and there, but I was also passing some people, both on the uphills and the downhills. I tried to take advantage of the free speed on the downhills and use momentum to push me up some of the shorter climbs. I was able to stay in my big chain ring for some of them. I had my 4 layers on and was getting a little hot, so I unzipped some layers and let the breeze cool me. I also realized that I had the full beanie on, so I did stop and take that off. Also, at one point, my water bottle in front was coming un-velcroed and the bike special needs gal pulled up to see if I was okay. She said, "here let me help you with that since you have gloves on." So she velcroed my bottle back securely and I took off.

After the first lap and round of hills I was feeling pretty good, but I kept wondering, where was the flat part back to town? I felt like I'd done the hills I remembered from driving but it just seemed like more countryside than I remembered. There was a headwind coming back into town.

I love courses that have rural areas and this was a boon. Not only a great view of two lakes and beautiful homes and smooth pavement, but horses and sheep and cows. When I saw horses I would call to them and they'd look up. The volunteers were very attentive and always had water and perform and bananas and gels. I think I ate a part of a banana at almost every aid station. I wouldn't stop, but just slow down enough to grab a banana, eat it up and throw out the peeling before the "last chance trash" sign.

After my stomach settled, I began sipping my liquid again and then started getting lower abdominal cramps. That's when I realized that I had to make a pit stop soon to take care of feminine stuff. Yep, I did my first IM on my period (sorry guys). And, it was the crampy, bloated part, too. I knew if I could hang on until I got back into town, that I'd have my special needs bag. I saw I'd passed 56 miles and thought the sp. needs bags would be soon, but then I remembered that they were out at Higgins Pt. near the 2nd loop more than halfway through the bike. At one point I drank some perform and a few minutes later my stomach acted up again. Even though I had trained with it some and had no problems, it wasn't agreeing with me. I ate a piece of bar about every 15 minutes as well. Oh, the other thing I did was take the sportlegs before the swim and then every hour on the bike. Only thing was I couldn't remember when I took them last on the bike, so I just kinda of tried to take one every hour. I'd used them in training some and they did seem to help with the lactic acid build up.

I came down the beautiful boulevard of Government Way where quaint houses line the streets along with tall shade giving trees and my DH and son were there cheering me on. I didn't expect to see them there so it was good to have that support. It got me through the loop and back out to Higgins Pt. I got my special needs bag, went to the bathroom and then realized I could peel off some layers and put them in my sp. needs bags and I could also take some of the stuff out of the back of my jersey and put in there as well. I had taken off my long gloves earlier and they were stuffed in the back of my vest. So I know that took a bit more time than I needed. But it was my only bathroom stop on the bike.

I headed back out of town, passing my son and DH again, yea! and decided to pick it up a bit. I was averaging 18 to 20 and was happy with that. Then I got back out toward the hills and realized I still had a ways to go. I think my miles showed 70. Soon I was back on the hills and on mile 80. Miles 80-89 were VERY LONG. My feet started hurting. They started to ache and then just burn on the bottom. I reached down and tried to loosen them a bit, because I figured my feet must be swelling. While I was on a flat it didn't hurt so much because I could lift my feet a bit off the pedals, but on a hill I had to push down more. I knew I wouldn't stop but I just thought that "damn, this is tough and my feet ---ing hurt!" Then I reached back to grab a water bottle and I had a sharp pain in my left shoulder blade. I couldn't even reach the bottle because of it. It's like it just locked up. I considered pouring water on my feet, but was afraid that wet socks and shoes might just cause blisters then I'd have a whole other problem on my hands (or feet as it were). :)

I went past a girl from the tri club and said hi and that I was also from San Diego. She asked when the bike cut-off was at English point. I thought, bike cut-off? What bike cut-off? Then I remembered reading something about it but wasn't too sure what the time was because I hadn't been worried about not making it. Oh crap! Am I not going to make the cut-off? I picked up my pace and just tried to use the free downhill speed and momentum and spin up the hills as fast as I could. I didn't come all this way to eff-up the bike cut-off. So I asked another woman racing if she knew. She said it was 4:30, so I tried to figure out in my brain when that would be and what time it was, etc. I realized I had 90 minutes, so I was probably good. But I have to say miles 80-90 were the longest freaking miles I've ever ridden. I finally got to the turnaround with a couple of other people at the cut-off and we all shouted out a yoo-who or two, relieved we wouldn't be pulled from the course. Now, with only 20 miles left, I needed to suck it up, whether I had cramps, my feet hurt, or my stomach was bothering me and just ride and make the best time I could. I finally got to some flats heading back into town and was pretty strong even with the headwind I was maintaining 15-18 mph.

Coming back into town, I passed my cheering men again (because my son is now manly sized at 6-feet tall) and was very happy to be heading into a place where I could get off my aching butt and feet.

What would you do differently?:

Be faster on hills, but how the hell? I've trained consistently on hills all winter and spring. I just may not have the hill mentality? Won't stop me though.
Transition 2
  • 13m 38s

I sat down and a mother-daughter duo handed me a wet cloth to wipe my face. Oh, what dears! They asked what I needed. I got some baby aspirin out of my T2 bag thinking it sure can't hurt.They helped me take off my shoes and socks and just attended to me. I felt like royalty. I realized my hair was just hanging -- ponytail holders were gone. I asked if she had one and she went and hunted one down! So sweet. I got my socks and shoes on, changed into my running shorts and put my hair up, put my hat and sunglasses back on and out the tent I went. I heartily thanked the gals that helped me. What a godsend to have that kind of support.

I went to the porta and took care of "stuff" and then felt two cold hands on my back. The sunscreen ladies were there and wiping me down. I hadn't put any sunscreen on since before the swim and they lubed me up! I said a couple of times, "Now I'm going to go run a frickin' marathon." Holy sheet!

I remember being very happy to cross the timing mat out of T2 because I knew that I'd finish this damn thing, even it meant crawling across the line Julie Moss style, hopefully sans the poop. ;)
What would you do differently?:

  • 5h 54m 58s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 13m 33s  min/mile

When I started on the run I passed by an announcer who said Lynn Scozzari from Vista, CA is starting on her run, or something like that. I raised my hands and smiled. It helped to get me pumped to start this epic 26.2.

My legs were heavy but I was used to that feeling from the bricks I'd done in training. I knew it would take at least a mile to "get my legs under me." I thought, how I would do this run is 1 mile, 26 times. That's how I was going to get through it. It wasn't like any stand alone marathons I'd done and I knew this was a completely different beast.

I was slow, but I was on a jog moving through the streets of downtown, CdA. The crowd was on the side and a cowbell or cheer or clap would come my way and helped to get me going. I passed the special needs bags, which I wouldn't get until mile 14. I was still on my first mile. It felt like forever to get to that first aid station. My plan was to run as best I could and then walk the aid stations. I was able to do that for a while, but at mile 8 or 9 my stomach started acting up again. I tried to get a little bit of water at each aid station and just ask myself, "what do I need right now?" I had a bit of cola and it didn't agree so well. I ate a few salty ruffled chips and they were probably the best damn chips I've ever eaten. I figured I must need the salt, so I grabbed a few at each aid station. I was able to keep with my walk/run until the big hill. I started to trot up it, but realized that would jack my heart rate up and slow my digestion and I didn't need anymore stomach issues. So I walked quickly up the hill and jogged down the other side. I passed Amy, who was walking it in after a stellar first half of the run. She called to me and I called yelled I love you!

I realized she was on her second loop and finishing, while I was only on mile 6ish. I had a long night ahead of me.

When I finally finished one lap and had gotten to my SN bag, I found the PB and J sandwich I'd made. I had a bite and stashed it in my back pocket of my fuel belt along with the dark chocolate M&M's I'd put in there. I ate few but neither the sandwich nor the M's sat very well with me. I also ditched one of my bottles in there because I wasn't really drinking any of it anyway. I needed the extra female supplies in there and a place to put them, so I kept my fuel belt on. By that time, I didn't even feel I was wearing it anymore.

I see from my splits that my 13.4 to 19.5 was my slowest which is where I must have walked more. I just knew I needed to keep forward momentum. I didn't really hurt anywhere, my body was just tired. The thought of quitting really never entered my mind. It was just a matter of making the midnight cutoff, which I would try to calculate in my mind based on my pace. It's always a good gauge of my mental capacity in a race or a hard training run if I can do any math in my head. Bob (who you'll meet in the next paragraph) and I were trying to figure out how many miles we'd already done if we had a total of 140.6 and we had 4.2 left, or something like that. Funny, the things you do to occupy your mind in these things.

I saw a woman, who I later found out is named Amanda, walking. Her stomach was giving her problems as well, so I started walking with her. Then we picked up Bob from SD. So the three of us kept walking. Then I felt like jogging a bit so I started a trot, but Amanda slowed. Bob kept up and he and I did a walk run thing for a few miles. Then a woman started walking really fast by us as we were walking. I liked her pace and asked if I could tag along. Not sure why I asked, I mean, all I had to do was just keep up. She was walking pretty fast, but I kept up and she (Tricia) and I chatted and walked and then would pick up to a jog down the hills or for a little bit until one of our stomachs or GI decided not to cooperate. It was dark and a volunteer gave us a glow necklace, which I put on. It was hard for my hands to make the little pieces fit together. This is when I realized that my right hand was hurting and would later see how swollen it was from doing the "bear claw" swim. I had tensed my hand so tightly that it agitated the tendon and ganglion in there.

Back to the run. I was walking fast with this chick Tricia and we'd pass these bigger guys walking. Then they'd jog a bit and pass us. We went back and forth with them for a while. I felt like they were flirting a bit with Tricia. One guy called himself Mango....because of his booty. Oh----kay....Sorry but booties weren't on my mind...finishing this damn IM was.

Then, my DH shows up out about mile 22-23 with my jacket. He thought I might be cold and was probably worried about me. I didn't need it because I had my awesome Sheila Moon bolero on. He walked with us for a while, then Tricia picked up a jog and he and I chatted and walked. Then I started running again. It was dark and was getting chilly out there and I was counting down the miles. Only 2 or 3 more. My Garmin had accidentally turned off at mile 18, so it was a nice surprise to see that I was farther along than I thought.

I rounded one corner where there were clusters of volunteers and spectators in front of houses. Someone was playing the violin...solo, like the song from Titanic. I made a comment about that and everyone laughed. I WAS NOT going down with this ship. I was going to finish this IM. I had plenty of time. It was about 10:50 and I had until midnight to do 2-3 miles. Not a problem.

I picked up a jog at first and my stomach felt fine. One guy yelled, "Now that's how you finish an Ironman!" That only served to pump me up and I picked up my pace. My DH, who doesn't run at all but cycles, is trying to keep up with me, holding my jacket that I don't want. He's saying, "this is the farthest he's run in years." I can't wait for him. I feel GOOD. I'm finishing the marathon portion of an Ironman.

Another volunteer, a woman, says you're going to pass the next aid station and then you'll heard the announcer. Another woman says you'll make this turn and you'll be on Sherman. I'm picking up my pace. My legs have a goal and are cranking. My arms are pumping. I can feel it. I'm going to finish this thing and finish it strong.

I come up the street, in the darkness, lit only by glowsticks and a few street lights. I turn the corner, making a left onto Sherman, which is a really nice downhill slope. My pace quickens. I heard the announcer, Mike Reilly "You are an ironman!" That becomes my mantra. Lynn Scozzari, You are an Ironman. People on the side are chuckling at me talking to myself. I don't care, just like HB. I'm running faster and I see this bright light at the end of the street. Is it heaven? No, even better it's the finish line. People are lined up 4 and 5 deep on either side of the street. I see a couple of guys jogging in front of me. I decide to pass them because by this time I'm flying. I felt like I could have lifted off the ground. I get this huge grin on my face. People are holding their arms out, hands outstretched, to get a high five. I reach out both arms, airplane style to touch as many as I can. I'm going to be an effin' Ironman. I pass another guy and the light starts to illluminate me. My son said it looked like light was beaming out of me. I felt that way.

I heard Mike Reilly say Lynn Scozzari, 50 years, old from Vista, CA. I put my hands up to my ears to communicate....okay Mr. Reilly let's here it. Let's here those 6 words I've been imagining for months and months. "You're an Ironman, Lynn!" I looked up at the arched finish and as I passed on the timing mat, I just started to do the happy dance. My legs just pumped up and down and I threw my arms up in the air. It was absolutely the most triumphant moment I've ever known in my life. I was so joy-filled and felt as if I'd made an incredible accomplishment, regardless of time. I am an Ironman. The catchers come up to you right away and ask if you're all right. I said, I am an Ironman! They handed me an opened bottle of water and asked again, "Are you all okay?" I looked at him and said "I am an Ironman." I may have said something like, "I'm even better, I'm an Ironman!" I know I was pretty euphoric and probably kinda funny. Endorphins and Ironman will do that to you. I got my medal around my neck, they gave me a hat and asked me my t-shirt size -- medium. I am an Ironman. I stepped up to get my picture, the smile still wide as the world on my face. I am an Ironman! My son and Dh were on the other side of the fence. I am an Ironman!
What would you do differently?:

Figure out why my stomach hurt and run more, but I still would walk the aid stations because it gives your legs a bit of a break.

I only give this a below average because I had to walk more in the middle than I had planned, but other than those few miles it was fine, just fine.
Post race
Warm down:

I walked through the food tent - yuck! pizza, really? Gag. My water was perfect. We hugged and walked to the car. My son documenting the moment on video. He asked me, what are you mom? I'd respond, "I am an Ironman." I wouldn't allow myself to wear any M-dot or Ironman branded stuff because I wasn't one. Now I allowed myself to put on the beanie my DH had bought me. Ironman proudly emblazened on my forehead.

WOW! I did it.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

?? Stomach, still having monthly cycles, cold water, not knowing exactly how much to push and not. This was my first IM, maybe my last.

Event comments:

IM CdA is known for the incredible community support and volunteers. They didn't disappoint and lived up to their stellar reputation. So many great people cheering you on, encouraging you. I'm very grateful to have had this experience. It was a once in a lifetime experience. Even if I do another, there will never be another first Ironman. Thanks to the CdA vols and community it was a fantastic experience. Ironman organization is tops and even though full of hype, marketing and branding. I'm happy to say I am an Ironman!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2010-08-12 12:00 AM
01:47:04 | 3862 meters | 02m 46s / 100meters
Age Group: 33/
Overall: 2128/
Performance: Good
Suit: Blue 70
Course: Rectangle counter clockwise then out on the beach and back in the water for a second loop
Start type: Run Plus: Shot
Water temp: 55F / 13C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
Time: 31:31
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
07:42:29 | 112 miles | 14.53 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Wind: Some
Course: Two looped course
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Below average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Too much
Time: 13:38
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
05:54:58 | 26.2 miles | 13m 33s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Course: Two loops -- big hill out there up and down twice.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5