The Beast of the East Half Steelman Triathlon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: May 20, 2012
Clay County Recreation Park,
Hayesville, North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (1/2 Ironman)
- Distances: Swim (2110.67 yards) Bike (53.00 miles) Run (13.00 miles)
- Organization: Great Smoky Mountains Triathlon Club
- Website: http://www.thebeastoftheeast.net/
- Contact email:
- Description: We do our swim in a fresh water lake with nothing that can eat you, sting you or bite you. Average water temp at this time of year is low to mid 70s (wet suits will be legal).
Our bike course is done on smooth paved roads with light traffic (back roads for the most part) where you will see more cows than cars. There is one climb (called the Beast of the East) that will get your heart pumping, but other than that, rolling hills with great scenery will be the most memorable part of the course. You may want to carry a camera…(just kidding)… You won't be on crowded streets riding up and down the highway navigating between all the traffic.
Our run is a 2 lap course that, once again, will have panoramic views of the lake and surrounding mountains. It is a beautiful run and for the most part flat and fast. There is one hill (the Beast of the East) that you will have to deal with on each lap…it's a 3/10 mile pull to the top of the dam, then your back to flat, fast running. You won't have to be running on a hot crowded road filled with cars and big buildings to look at.
Members who are scheduled to race: coexist, karen26.2, Mrs. brown_dog_us, Sluggo312, stevewhite.rec