CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: May 14, 2017
6800 Lawyers Road,
- Country: United States
- Race type: Triathlon (Sprint)
- Distances: Swim (750.00 meters) Bike (15.50 miles) Run (5.00 kms)
- Organization: Set Up Events
- Website: http://www.vtsmts.com/kineticsprint/
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description: The Kinetic Sprint is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s best early season sprint triathlons. This event has a 9AM start so you can sleep in a little and maybe even bring the kids! Staged out of beautiful Lake Anna State Park this event is easy to get to and has sold out with 720+ athletes the past 9 years.
The 750 meter swim begins on the beach at Lake Anna State Park. The rectangular shaped course will have 2 right turns and sighting buoys will be located approximately every 75 meters. We expect the water at this time of year and at this section of the lake to be in the low 70's.
The bike course is a lollipop style 15 mile course. With a left turn out of the park athletes have great pavement and a few hills as they ride the country roads of Spotsylvania County.
The Sprint run course starts with a serious climb out of transition on the main park road. You will be tired coming out of T2 but it levels off for the middle section of the course as you run along the forested cabin and campground loops. There is a large down hill towards the finish line where athletes will finish by veering 15 degrees off the beach sidewalk into the finishing chute. This is a scenic and seriously fast run course once you get past the first 1/4 mile.
Members who are scheduled to race: mmdimmick, Will1309