Moose Mountain Marathon
CUSTOM training plans for this race
- Date: August 25, 2012
Bragg Creek, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- Race type: Run (Marathon)
- Distances: Run (42.20 kms)
- Organization: Moose Mountain Trail Races
- Website: http://www.moosetrailraces.com/
- Contact email: [email protected]
- Description: Moose Mountain is 7,995 ft (2,437m) tall. It is on the leading edge of the Rocky Mountain range. When viewed from Springbank, it bears a striking resemblance to the head and back of a moose.
The course is a rugged, challenging 29 km mountain trail starting at the West Bragg Creek Parking Lot at 8:30 am. From start to the ½ way point turn around just below the Moose Mountain fire watch station, an elevation gain of 3000 feet takes you just under 8000 feet above sea level.
This is an out and back course with logging roads, switchbacks and mountain valleys. It is challenging - prepare yourself with specific training on trails!
Then a 16 km, challenging, circular, forest trail run Be ready for boggy sections and mud in some areas!
Members who are scheduled to race: dhinks